Biblical reference on sights

Many of the soldiers I work with have Bible verses hidden within their uniforms, its very important to soldiers of faith. Why would anyone care if some obscure number is etched into their weapons?

This is just an other example of the anti-religious types stirring up shit with their phoney outrage just so they can try to win another 'victory' against Christian conservatives.

The burden of proof is on the one making the claims. These verses do not take away their combat readiness or the skills they need either. Now do they?

No but it sure puts them in peril if captured or if the Muslims whose hearts and minds they are trying to win decide that such messages on instruments of death are a sign that the U.S. is involved in a Jihad, doesnt take an Einstein to see something so basic.

Oh yea I'm sure that, that would put our soldiers in even greater peril. They may even be beheaded, burnt to a crisp , dragged down the street or worse. :cuckoo:

Fact is these scriptures have been on these sights for years it just now came to light for you idiot liberals. And now you wish to make an issue of it.

What it does is provide fodder for Islamic propaganda that the US is engaged in a holy war. Who the hell is a manufacturer to decide what markings go on weapons? They are paid to produce sights and thats it.

Pull their contract

Many of the soldiers I work with have Bible verses hidden within their uniforms, its very important to soldiers of faith. Why would anyone care if some obscure number is etched into their weapons?

This is just an other example of the anti-religious types stirring up shit with their phoney outrage just so they can try to win another 'victory' against Christian conservatives.

Choice...vs...thrust upon them.

This is starting to remind me of when military tombstones always had a Christian cross on them....whether you were Christian or not.

No but it sure puts them in peril if captured or if the Muslims whose hearts and minds they are trying to win decide that such messages on instruments of death are a sign that the U.S. is involved in a Jihad, doesnt take an Einstein to see something so basic.

Oh yea I'm sure that, that would put our soldiers in even greater peril. They may even be beheaded, burnt to a crisp , dragged down the street or worse. :cuckoo:

Fact is these scriptures have been on these sights for years it just now came to light for you idiot liberals. And now you wish to make an issue of it.

What it does is provide fodder for Islamic propaganda that the US is engaged in a holy war. Who the hell is a manufacturer to decide what markings go on weapons? They are paid to produce sights and thats it.

Pull their contract

Bullshit! Do you honestly think the islamic extremist needs this as a reason to engage in a holy war? Was 911 an act of jihad? Did the twin towers have scriptures etched into them? You liberals are so stupid it's comical.

Just the fact that they are on the scopes means something to the opposition though.
It somewhat validates their claim of a religious war. In their eyes anyway.

Putting scripture references on weaposs is a bit sick to me anyway.

So? Who gives a rat's ass what they think? Or what you think for that matter.

Anybody who may happen to be deployed into their lands may care, the general population considering our presence there as a crusade could prove to make a dangerous situation worse for those who serve our nation.

I have an idea? Quit telling them this shit..... what a fucking concept.

Anybody who may happen to be deployed into their lands may care, the general population considering our presence there as a crusade could prove to make a dangerous situation worse for those who serve our nation.

Anyone can make assumptions. Try supporting it with testimonies from the soldiers on the ground.

How about you try support having the verses on theer with testimony from the soldiers on the ground? These superstitious verses do not add to the combat readiness or skills they need.

Serial numbers have ZERO impact on sights no matter how they are made up UNLESS some moron is engraving them on the optics.

Pull their contract

SO remind me? Where you one of the people attacking Rumsfield and Bush for Hummer armor and body Armor in Iraq? If so how do you justify denying sights to the military? You realize the reason this Company has the contract is because in trials they made the better sights that withstood the trials as designed by the military? SO you want our military to have second hand materials for sights because of a serial number?

Good call MORON.

This is starting to remind me of when military tombstones always had a Christian cross on them....whether you were Christian or not.

When was that? Seeing as how WWI and WWII crosses did not all have Christian Crosses on them? Mind backing that up with some evidence?

Pull their contract

Bullshit! Do you honestly think the islamic extremist needs this as a reason to engage in a holy war? Was 911 an act of jihad? Did the twin towers have scriptures etched into them? You liberals are so stupid it's comical.

Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

Pull their contract

Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

So it's your opinion that scriptures written on rifle sights creates a reason for peaceful muslims not to cooperate with us? I wonder how they feel about spending our money.

The burden of proof is on the one making the claims. These verses do not take away their combat readiness or the skills they need either. Now do they?

Ironic a drooling babbling retard calling somebody else an idiot.:lol::lol::lol:

So? Who gives a rat's ass what they think? Or what you think for that matter.

I have an idea? Quit telling them this shit..... what a fucking concept.

I have a better idea stop Proselytizing on gun sights.

Thank you, RGS

For getting Americans killed

Fuck you and your holy war, bitch

Even in the most distored of christian minds, I find it hard to believe that they think their god wants them to kill other people.

This makes as much sense as when we made the sign of the cross in football games to beat those dirty protestant teams.

Oh, how people have distorted the meaning religion for their own petty purposes.

Even in the most distored of christian minds, I find it hard to believe that they think their god wants them to kill other people..
I see you're not familiar with the past 2000 years of history....

So it's your opinion that scriptures written on rifle sights creates a reason for peaceful muslims not to cooperate with us? I wonder how they feel about spending our money.

It provides evidence that we are engaged in a holy war with Islam. It is hard enough to get these people to cooperate with us. We to not need the help of religious zealot arms manufacturers

When was that? Seeing as how WWI and WWII crosses did not all have Christian Crosses on them? Mind backing that up with some evidence?
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/veteran-religious-equality
and
Veterans Denied Right to Post Religious Symbol on Headstones, ACLU Charges | American Civil Liberties Union
and
History of Government Furnished Headstones and Markers - Burial & Memorials

I stand corrected...the Choices were Cross or Star of David.....period. Until the 1950's.

It provides evidence that we are engaged in a holy war with Islam. It is hard enough to get these people to cooperate with us. We to not need the help of religious zealot arms manufacturers

This is similar to the Sepoy Mutiny in the 1950s when the new rifle ammo had pork and beef fat on it.

Forum List

Back