Biblical reference on sights

Choice...vs...thrust upon them.

This is starting to remind me of when military tombstones always had a Christian cross on them....whether you were Christian or not.

When was that? Seeing as how WWI and WWII crosses did not all have Christian Crosses on them? Mind backing that up with some evidence?

Yahoo! Image Search Results for wwii graves star of david

Oh, look. Stars of David on military tombstones. Sheesh.

Come back when you've caught up with the rest of the thread.

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

Do you have any proof that these scriptures saved a single soldiers life?

Did anyone ever claim that they did? You and your conspirators have been claiming this is dangerous to our soldiers, so prove it.

By the way, this company has been doing this for twenty years, and apparently no one but "right-wing" gun enthusiasts have ever noticed until now. But thanks to all of the left's diligent work in making a public scandal out of this, you can bet that's no longer the case.

So who has REALLY given the enemy more fodder? The manufacturer, or you leftists with all your public screeching and squealing?

Bullshit! Do you honestly think the islamic extremist needs this as a reason to engage in a holy war? Was 911 an act of jihad? Did the twin towers have scriptures etched into them? You liberals are so stupid it's comical.

Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

Do you really suppose everyday Muslims in the Middle East get the chance to scrutinize American weapon sights closely enough to notice those engravings, even assuming they're educated enough about the Bible to realize what they were, anyway?
Perhaps we should engrave the bullets.

Do you have any proof that these scriptures saved a single soldiers life?

That is not even an issue. So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

The bigger question is what does Jesus think of his message of peace being inscibed on military weapons?

If I were him, I would be pissed

No, since you are you, you're pissed. There is no evidence that Jesus was ever as ignorant as you are.

And yet here you are stating that not having the scriptures makes the equipment inferior.

I did no such thing, dumb ass. The Military uses the BEST supplier picked by trials to make their equipment. This supplier had to prove they had the best design and that it met the requirements of the military hardware. They competed against other companies that FAILED to prove their designs were better. RETARD. You want the Government to shit can the best model for an inferior one because you do not like their serial numbers. REAL BRIGHT idea. Remind me again if you were one of those complaining about armor in the Iraq war?

BY the way dumb ass fix your post so it quotes right.

I don't think that anyone has shown that this supplier is the ONLY supplier or even that its sights are the BEST quality available on the market. Companies get government contracts based upon a lot of criteria beyond quality. For all you know, even BETTER quality sights might very well be available now.

Okay. Prove it. I realize you believe the military is just dying to buy shoddy workmanship, but not everyone automatically assumes evil and incompetence on their part.

That is not even an issue. So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

The bigger question is what does Jesus think of his message of peace being inscibed on military weapons?

If I were him, I would be pissed

Yep, the only time he ever got pissed was running the money changers from the temple, and that cuased the Joos to have him cruciifed.

You think THAT is why the Jews (oh, by the way, nice bigotry demonstration) had Christ crucified?

Do us all a favor and shut your flapping piehole on religious matters until you pull your head out of your colon.

You're dismissed. I don't allow filthy, ignorant bigots on my screen.

Bloodthirsty crusader-mercenaries from Blackwater, crusaders distributing Bibles in Afghanistan, crusaders aptly describing America's campaign in the Middle East as a "crusade", and now crusader-themed equipment? Seems a bit like a crusade to me.

I've already sampled your "historical scholarship", and feel safe in saying you wouldn't recognize a crusade if one marched up your pants leg, complete with horses and supply wagons.

☭proletarian☭;1925593 said:
Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

Do you really suppose everyday Muslims in the Middle East get the chance to scrutinize American weapon sights closely enough to notice those engravings, even assuming they're educated enough about the Bible to realize what they were, anyway?

The muslims we're training to take over when we leave get a real close .look when they're using them

And amazingly enough, have been using them all this time without saying a word. Hmmm. Thanks for proving my point. Either they don't know what those numbers are, or they're so grateful to have modern weaponry that they don't care.

☭proletarian☭;1925727 said:
☭proletarian☭;1925652 said:

Please show me when and where RGS or anyone else said that these scripture references saved someone's life.

Read pages 1 and 2. He said that removing the references would result in inferior performance.

No, he didn't. He said taking the contract from this company and giving it to another company based on just these references could result in inferior products, because the other company was already rejected for the contract. I have said the same thing, and I stand by it.

I also have very little patience with deliberately obtuse misinterpretations of people's words in order to have the argument you WISH you could have, instead of the one you've actually got. Intellectual cowardice is as repulsive to me as any other kind of cowardice.

People said to remove the inscriptions, and he said that would create an inferior product.

Not my fault the two of you are stupid.

No, he didn't. He said taking the contract from this company and giving it to another company based on just these references could result in inferior products, because the other company was already rejected for the contract. I have said the same thing, and I stand by it.

now unless you can provide a link that shows that the current contractor beat out his competitors on quality and not one of the myriad other criteria, then what, exactly, are you standing by?

Make the supplier recall all the sights and remove the biblical references at their cost.
Then look for another supplier.

You know.......it's simple............

Al Queda and the Taliban are MusLAME extremists who happen to search for every bit of propaganda they can exploit to further their cause.

Ever hear of Abu Graib? How about GITMO? Those, as well as Bush Jr's statements about God telling him to run for president have been pretty well used.

Might wanna watch the Military Channel sometime. Watch what they are doing over in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also, if you have the chance, check out a documentary called Alpha Squad.

By the way.........ever served? Because you speak like you know something about the military, yet your reasoning is woefully inadequate.

I'm guessing you're a Tom Clancy armchair patriot. Am I right Cecille? I'm betting I am.

Like I said before........quit stamping the fucking sights and keep supplies going, or if they won't, find another who will.

And yes.........there are MANY companies that would love a DOD contract. Trust me.....20 years in the Navy, and I've seen some of it.

☭proletarian☭;1925762 said:
People said to remove the inscriptions, and he said that would create an inferior product.

Not my fault the two of you are stupid.

Please link me the SPECIFIC post where he said removing the inscriptions would make the product inferior. Don't give me any more of that "read these pages" crap. Specific post. Let's see it. Put up or shut up time.

now unless you can provide a link that shows that the current contractor beat out his competitors on quality and not one of the myriad other criteria, then what, exactly, are you standing by?

It's not my job to prove categorically that quality of product is the major criterion in choosing a defense contractor, because most people would simply infer that, unless they have some sort of personal problem with the Department of Defense. It is on YOU to prove categorically that the most obvious, and obviously important, criterion was NOT the primary one.

What I am standing by is my statement of belief that awarding the contract to a company which was not previously chosen based solely on these references is a sign of shitty, screwed-up priorities. Is that clear enough for you?

Why do leftwing wacko's fear and/or despise Christianity? Many of you may be surprised at how many products bear biblical references. Not only on products but historical monuments and buildings scattered across this country, such as the Liberty Bell, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument. The Whitehouse, the Supreme Court Building etc...

Why do leftwing wacko's fear and/or despise Christianity? Many of you may be surprised at how many products bear biblical references. Not only on products but historical monuments and buildings scattered across this country, such as the Liberty Bell, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument. The Whitehouse, the Supreme Court Building etc...

yeah well they are not involved in a war killing those of another religion now are they?

Forum List

Back