Biblical reference on sights

Do you have any proof that these scriptures saved a single soldiers life?

That is not even an issue. So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

The bigger question is what does Jesus think of his message of peace being inscibed on military weapons?

If I were him, I would be pissed

I think it's more in line with what Pope Innocent III's message was. "Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset"

Blessed are the armed and dangerous, with special dispensation for those toting scopes with the word of the Lord embellished in brass, for they shall inherit the best shooting places in heaven.

That is not even an issue. So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

The bigger question is what does Jesus think of his message of peace being inscibed on military weapons?

I think it's more in line with what Pope Innocent III's message was. "Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset"

Gonna admit you are mistaken about what I said? Or gonna pretend to ignore it?

If you're going to quote something, at least get it right. "Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet" Which translates, "Kill them all, God will know His own"

Many of the soldiers I work with have Bible verses hidden within their uniforms, its very important to soldiers of faith. Why would anyone care if some obscure number is etched into their weapons?

This is just an other example of the anti-religious types stirring up shit with their phoney outrage just so they can try to win another 'victory' against Christian conservatives.

Individual religious stuff is a lot different from scripture references embossed into weaposns issued by the US govt.

preciesly... and putting scriptural references about Jesus on GUNS, of all things, is really repugnant to me...

like printing references to Paul's statements about chastity on rubbers.

Yep, the only time he ever got pissed was running the money changers from the temple, and that cuased the Joos to have him cruciifed.
You might want to rethink that statement as to the cause of his crucifiction in the Bible. :doubt:

If you're going to quote something, at least get it right. "Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet" Which translates, "Kill them all, God will know His own"

Thank you for that correction... I copied it incorrectly from Wiki.

It really amazes me the number of people here who think this is no big deal.

Yet, if the sights had Quranic verses on them.

They would be screaming from the roof tops and demand the government contract be voided.

And it would be all over the media, and Fox News and Limbaugh would go balistic.

It really amazes me the number of people here who think this is no big deal.

Yet, if the sights had Quranic verses on them.

They would be screaming from the roof tops and demand the government contract be voided.

And it would be all over the media, and Fox News and Limbaugh would go balistic.

That's just an assumption on your part. You have no evidence to support it. I've already told you that I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as the equipment was the best money could buy and it helped our soldiers defeat islamic extremism.

Just because some idiots such as yourself find bible verses offensive doesn't mean the rest of America does. But you're willing to strip these folks of their religious freedom because you don't want to be offended. I have news for you. You do not have the right to not be offended. So get over it!

You do realize the over 80 percent of Americans identify themselves as Christian.

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

Wow! You are comparing GOVERNMENT purchased equipment with INDIVIDUAL purchased and decorated items.

You are simply down there in the single digits, aren't you? :lol:

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

Wow! You are comparing GOVERNMENT purchased equipment with INDIVIDUAL purchased and decorated items.

No I'm comparing items that display religious symbols that also happen to kill people to one another. Besides rifle sights don't kill people.

Just saw a video about how a company has been putting biblical refrences on military optical sights for years now. And of course the spin on how this was just horrible.

Sorry have difficulty copying video only stories so no link at the moment it is on Yahoo, maybe one of you smarter people can link it?

You may want to pay more attention to your signature line.

No I'm comparing items that display religious symbols that also happen to kill people to one another. Besides rifle sights don't kill people.

No, they don't. But soldiers aren't given much of a choice in carrying a killing weapon with a religious text on it.

Simply amazes me the Irony.....but, I suppose it goes over your head.

No, they don't. But soldiers aren't given much of a choice in carrying a killing weapon with a religious text on it.

At 6'6" not much gets over my head. The fact is it really isn't text but biblical references which are subtle and appear in raised lettering at the end of the stock number.

At 6'6" not much gets over my head. The fact is it really isn't text but biblical references which are subtle and appear in raised lettering at the end of the stock number.

Things don't need to go over your head Lone Idiot No Logic, it takes a shortcut through your ears as there is nothing between 'em to stop anything.

By the way penis puffer, lemmie ask something of you........how the fuck do you even have the remotest clue about what the military does or does not need? Ever served? Oh wait.....that's right........you were a pussy assed college puke that thought fucking cattle would be better than defending this country. You're right......my bad.......apparently some queer assed cow humper knows what's better for military personnel than a 20 year veteran who has served honorably as well as has several awards, 3 of which are Navy Achievement Medals awarded by no less than an Admiral EACH.

But.......I digress...........

Apparently, from what I'd seen on the article, the numbers are stamped/engraved on the side of the sight. It's not necessary for the integrity of the sight, nor is not putting anything on it in any way, shape or form, detrimental to the performance of the weapon.

Oh yeah......rifle sights DO kill people, as without the sight, it's very hard to make sure you hit your target. Might wanna get another vocation that doesn't involve guns as you obviously don't know much about them.

Stay away from sharp objects as well. You'll hurt yourself.

By the way, since I'm a Taoist, as well as someone who studies Torah, how would you feel about the company stamping the sights with a yin-yang symbol that has Hebrew characters on one side with various names of God, and has the Taoist characters for war and The Way?

Sun-Tzu and his philosophy (he wrote The Art of War as well as was a Taoist) would be much more appropriate on a gun sight than bible verses, don't you think?

Matter of fact, scratch the Hebrew lettering as well. God supports creation, not death.

Know what kind of gunsight I'd like on my weapon? On in the shape of an upraised middle finger with a yin-yang symbol engraved on the back of the hand in gold.

On special occasions, I'd paint it psychedellic.

As far as the Bible verses thing in the Pentagon? You do realize that during the Bush Administration, they printed Bible verses on Pentagon briefings, right? Might be where that came from.

Pentagon Briefings Carried Bible Verses

(May 18) -- In the early days of the Iraq war, daily intelligence briefings from the Pentagon were published with cover sheets that juxtaposed war photos with Bible quotations, according to an article in GQ magazine.
The article, by Robert Draper, focuses on Donald Rumsfeld's tenure as defense secretary in the Bush administration, focusing on complaints from ex-colleagues that in some cases, Rumsfeld's flawed decision-making sometimes damaged the Bush presidency and American interests.

Draper wrote that he received the 6-year-old papers from a "government official [who] was disturbed enough by these biblically seasoned sheets to hold on to copies."
The cover sheets from the briefings, titled 'Worldwide Intelligence Update,' were controversial at the Pentagon, and some officials worried that if they became public, it would suggest that the invasion of Iraq was shaped by religion, the article said.
"At least one Muslim analyst in the building had been greatly offended; others privately worried that if these covers were leaked during a war conducted in an Islamic nation, the fallout—as one Pentagon staffer would later say— 'would be as bad as Abu Ghraib,'" Draper wrote.
The article attributed the idea for using Bible verses on the cover sheets to Maj. Gen. Glen Shaffer, an intelligence director at the Pentagon. Though Rumsfeld didn't have a reputation for promoting his own religious views, the article suggested that he saw the cover sheets as a way of making inroads with Bush.
In a story for Monday's editions, The New York Times cast doubt on some elements of the GQ article. The newspaper suggested that Bush may not have seen the briefing on a regular basis because it was less complete than his personal daily intelligence brief.
The Times interviewed Lawrence De Rita, the Pentagon spokesman during Rumsfeld's tenure. He said he had no memory of seeing the cover sheets and doubts that Rumsfeld would have put up with them.
"The suggestion that Rumsfeld would have used these reports to somehow curry favor over at the White House is pretty laughable," Di Rita told the newspaper. "He bristled anytime people put quotes or something extraneous on the reports he wanted to read."

Try again ya cow poking idiot, you're losing ground fast.

Things don't need to go over your head Lone Idiot No Logic, it takes a shortcut through your ears as there is nothing between 'em to stop anything.

By the way penis puffer, lemmie ask something of you........how the fuck do you even have the remotest clue about what the military does or does not need? Ever served? Oh wait.....that's right........you were a pussy assed college puke that thought fucking cattle would be better than defending this country. You're right......my bad.......apparently some queer assed cow humper knows what's better for military personnel than a 20 year veteran who has served honorably as well as has several awards, 3 of which are Navy Achievement Medals awarded by no less than an Admiral EACH.

Apparently, from what I'd seen on the article, the numbers are stamped/engraved on the side of the sight. It's not necessary for the integrity of the sight, nor is not putting anything on it in any way, shape or form, detrimental to the performance of the weapon.

Oh yeah......rifle sights DO kill people, as without the sight, it's very hard to make sure you hit your target. Might wanna get another vocation that doesn't involve guns as you obviously don't know much about them.

By the way, since I'm a Taoist, as well as someone who studies Torah, how would you feel about the company stamping the sights with a yin-yang symbol that has Hebrew characters on one side with various names of God, and has the Taoist characters for war and The Way?

Sun-Tzu and his philosophy (he wrote The Art of War as well as was a Taoist) would be much more appropriate on a gun sight than bible verses, don't you think?

Matter of fact, scratch the Hebrew lettering as well. God supports creation, not death.

Know what kind of gunsight I'd like on my weapon? On in the shape of an upraised middle finger with a yin-yang symbol engraved on the back of the hand in gold.

As far as the Bible verses thing in the Pentagon? You do realize that during the Bush Administration, they printed Bible verses on Pentagon briefings, right? Might be where that came from.

(May 18) -- In the early days of the Iraq war, daily intelligence briefings from the Pentagon were published with cover sheets that juxtaposed war photos with Bible quotations, according to an article in GQ magazine.
The article, by Robert Draper, focuses on Donald Rumsfeld's tenure as defense secretary in the Bush administration, focusing on complaints from ex-colleagues that in some cases, Rumsfeld's flawed decision-making sometimes damaged the Bush presidency and American interests.

Draper wrote that he received the 6-year-old papers from a "government official [who] was disturbed enough by these biblically seasoned sheets to hold on to copies."
The cover sheets from the briefings, titled 'Worldwide Intelligence Update,' were controversial at the Pentagon, and some officials worried that if they became public, it would suggest that the invasion of Iraq was shaped by religion, the article said.
"At least one Muslim analyst in the building had been greatly offended; others privately worried that if these covers were leaked during a war conducted in an Islamic nation, the fallout—as one Pentagon staffer would later say— 'would be as bad as Abu Ghraib,'" Draper wrote.
The article attributed the idea for using Bible verses on the cover sheets to Maj. Gen. Glen Shaffer, an intelligence director at the Pentagon. Though Rumsfeld didn't have a reputation for promoting his own religious views, the article suggested that he saw the cover sheets as a way of making inroads with Bush.
In a story for Monday's editions, The New York Times cast doubt on some elements of the GQ article. The newspaper suggested that Bush may not have seen the briefing on a regular basis because it was less complete than his personal daily intelligence brief.
The Times interviewed Lawrence De Rita, the Pentagon spokesman during Rumsfeld's tenure. He said he had no memory of seeing the cover sheets and doubts that Rumsfeld would have put up with them.
"The suggestion that Rumsfeld would have used these reports to somehow curry favor over at the White House is pretty laughable," Di Rita told the newspaper. "He bristled anytime people put quotes or something extraneous on the reports he wanted to read."

Show me one instance where a rifle sight killed anyone.

Hey.........Lone Idiot No Logic........take the sights off of your rifle, then try to shoot something 25 yards away from you and hit it.

Like I said, stay away from guns and sharp things, you'll only hurt yourself.

Show me one instance where a rifle sight killed anyone.

This is what you've been reduced to as an argument? :lol::lol::lol:

Bloodthirsty crusader-mercenaries from Blackwater, crusaders distributing Bibles in Afghanistan, crusaders aptly describing America's campaign in the Middle East as a "crusade", and now crusader-themed equipment? Seems a bit like a crusade to me.

Forum List

Back