Best Trek Vaporization EVAHHHHH!!!

I mean come on!!!
I loved Star Trek as a kid! I had all the models,Phasers,Tricorders,and every other model they had along with the blueprints of the Enterprise,Shuttle and every piece of equipment they had.
Then I grew to the age of 13 .......

I mean come on!!!
I loved Star Trek as a kid! I had all the models,Phasers,Tricorders,and every other model they had along with the blueprints of the Enterprise,Shuttle and every piece of equipment they had.

Girls on Star Trek were pretty hot, now.

Especially the green one.

Whoever knew " Communicators" would be a real thing?

I mean come on!!!

Dick Tracy was ahead of the times....

I mean come on!!!

I only saw that in the papers. Right next to Oh damn..Round Table cartoon.

Sir Lancelot? Not sure if that's right.

I mean come on!!!

I only saw that in the papers. Right next to Oh damn..Round Table cartoon.

Sir Lancelot? Not sure if that's right.

Don't remember that one.
But do remember Dick Tracy comic books.

I mean come on!!!

As I remember Kirk actually fucked that cute green girl. Kirk would fuck any alien or android female who wandered into his sexual radius.

Best ST:TNG episodes ever: A toss up between

1). The Nth Degree, when a member of the crew was reprogrammed by an alien race with an IQ of 10,000 in order to warp space with his mind in a way to take the ship unwillingly to the center of the galaxy in a matter of moments in order to meet them, then returned to his former, timid self. Epic science fiction.

star_trek_tng_4-19.jpg

2). The Offspring, where Data created his own sibling to the shock of all using a new design positronic brain he designed that worked so well, that the daughter developed emotions and died from the resultant pressures of them (with a nod to the ST:TOS episode: Requiem For Methuselah).

the+offspring+3.jpg

Heavy Runners up were:

Best of Both Worlds, where the Federation battles the Borg

bobwii1.png

Time's Arrow, where they go back to 19th century Earth to save Data from a dimension-traveling hostile race and get busted by Mark Twain who is onto them.

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 11.28.35 AM.png

Second Chances, where they discover a duplicate Riker from a transporter accident years ago still trapped on the planet and it becomes a surprise love story between Counselor Troi and the old Riker who never stopped loving her to pursue a career. A rare look into the real acting depth of Marina Sirtis and one of my favorites.

st-2ndchances10.jpg

Gambit, where Picard masquerades as a smuggler with a bunch of thieves trying to uncover a horrible weapon.

Servo-Neural.jpg

Sins of the Father, which establishes the real depth of the complex story between Worf, the Klingons and the Federation for many episodes to come. This was almost of mini-series quality.

sinsofthefather263-600x458.jpg

Redemption, where the consequences of all previous Klingon stories finally comes together in a huge climax.

ST+TNG+4.26b.jpg

I mean come on!!!

Star Trek was intended for adults, not children, even Roddenberry himself said so. Do you expect a 13-year-old to fully understand some of the scientific techno-lingo they use? Star Wars was the sci-fi intended for children. I loved Star Wars as a little kid and graduated onto Star Trek as I matured.

Last edited:
Best ST:TNG episodes ever: A toss up between

1). The Nth Degree, when a member of the crew was reprogrammed by an alien race with an IQ of 10,000 in order to warp space with his mind in a way to take the ship unwillingly to the center of the galaxy in a matter of moments in order to meet them, then returned to his former, timid self. Epic science fiction.

View attachment 233544

2). The Offspring, where Data created his own sibling to the shock of all using a new design positronic brain he designed that worked so well, that the daughter developed emotions and died from the resultant pressures of them (with a nod to the ST:TOS episode: Requiem For Methuselah).

View attachment 233573

Heavy Runners up were:

Best of Both Worlds, where the Federation battles the Borg

View attachment 233543

Time's Arrow, where they go back to 19th century Earth to save Data from a dimension-traveling hostile race and get busted by Mark Twain who is onto them.

View attachment 233570

Second Chances, where they discover a duplicate Riker from a transporter accident years ago still trapped on the planet and it becomes a surprise love story between Counselor Troi and the old Riker who never stopped loving her to pursue a career. A rare look into the real acting depth of Marina Sirtis and one of my favorites.

View attachment 233571

Gambit, where Picard masquerades as a smuggler with a bunch of thieves trying to uncover a horrible weapon.

View attachment 233572

Sins of the Father, which establishes the real depth of the complex story between Worf, the Klingons and the Federation for many episodes to come. This was almost of mini-series quality.

View attachment 233574

Redemption, where the consequences of all previous Klingon stories finally comes together in a huge climax.

View attachment 233575

A very interesting selection of favorites. I always loved the Klingon-focused eps. like Sins/Father and Redemption, TNG was the series that really fleshed-out the Klingon race and gave them so many new layers of depth. It sort of made them into space Vikings with a Japanese Samurai flavor.

I mean come on!!!

Star Trek was intended for adults, not children, even Roddenberry himself said so. Do you expect a 13-year-old to fully understand some of the scientific techno-lingo they use? Star Wars was the sci-fi intended for children. I loved Star Wars as a little kid and graduated onto Star Trek as I matured.

Oh come on!!
None of the "lingo" was based on scientific facts,it was all made up bullshit.

LOL, Just saw the old Star Trek episode with the funniest, prolonged Capt. Kirk fight of all time. The Enterprise goes back in time to a 1960s Army Base and Kirk gets caught by three army guys and he manages to beat multi-shades of living shit out of all three of them using all these cartoonish moves that defy all Newtonian physics. At one point Kirk physically launches himself into the air sideways and uses his body as a bowling ball to knock over the three guys like bowling pins. Really.

Holy shit, is there anything Capt. Kirk COULDN'T do???

I mean come on!!!

Oh come on!!

It was "made up bullshit" to some extent, but based originally on basic scientific principles we know, then they sort of took it and ran with it. You have to give Trek credit for its science/storytelling ambition.

It sounds like you're the one who's taking Star Trek too seriously. Relax. It's a lot more fun if you approach it in a more humorous, playful way. Why not have fun with its many little quirks?

I mean come on!!!

Oh come on!!

Of course it's "made up" or at least merely based on science theory and conjecture. If it wasn't, then we'd really have phasers and warp drive. But you should know that ALL of the basic "science" behind Star Trek was very seriously researched by Gene Roddenberry, just as with the Enterprise design, who employed experts from both NASA and the Rand Corporation (actually seen in episode 29 Operation Annihilate!) as constant technical consultants. What made Star Trek so popular and real and a success to so many people (except NBC network) was its "believability factor." It had an intuitive ring of truth to it. It was no longer just a cigar shape with smoke and sparks coming out of its ass. Shooting scripts, they had specific instructions for which buttons on the bridge for the actors to press and how, and what each did. In fact, Roddenberry was even contacted by a few companies during TOS about his automatic doors and especially his medical beds: one company was trying to make doors that opened and closed as fast and wanted to know how they did it and another company actually accused them of corporate espionage because they were actually trying to develop medical beds like on Star Trek where the patient just lies down and a remote scanner probe in the wall takes and displays all the body readings on the wall in real time.

I mean come on!!!

The most popular age group for TOS was college-age adults. Lost In Space was the Sci-Fi for little kids (not that it was all bad).

LOL, Just saw the old Star Trek episode with the funniest, prolonged Capt. Kirk fight of all time. The Enterprise goes back in time to a 1960s Army Base and Kirk gets caught by three army guys and he manages to beat multi-shades of living shit out of all three of them using all these cartoonish moves that defy all Newtonian physics. At one point Kirk physically launches himself into the air sideways and uses his body as a bowling ball to knock over the three guys like bowling pins. Really.

5ae51339f857dc18c2c0ba3a53ddc43f.jpg

A3IfYc3.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ny6vhuPUW61tensyro3_400.gif

tumblr_myoldrluji1skv4qlo1_400.gif

You missed the line where right before that fight, the Lieutenant (actor Ed Peck) says to the uncooperative Kirk: "I'm going to lock you up for 200 years!" And Kirk replies: "That ought to be just about right."

I mean come on!!!

As I remember Kirk actually fucked that cute green girl. Kirk would fuck any alien or android female who wandered into his sexual radius.
I think Riker topped his record though.

5ae51339f857dc18c2c0ba3a53ddc43f.jpg

A3IfYc3.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ny6vhuPUW61tensyro3_400.gif

tumblr_myoldrluji1skv4qlo1_400.gif

Kirk did well against Khan, considering Khan's extreme strength. I assume that cannister with which Kirk bludgeoned him was actually metal and some 23rd century type of fire extinguisher (my educated guess).

You missed the line where right before that fight, the Lieutenant (actor Ed Peck) says to the uncooperative Kirk: "I'm going to lock you up for 200 years!" And Kirk replies: "That ought to be just about right."

I remembered it, but it was after the fight when they finally had the "wild animal" Kirk subdued and under control.

Forum List

Back