Best Trek Vaporization EVAHHHHH!!!

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Last night I caught a Star Trek ep. called "Loud as a Whisper" and a few people got caught in a phaser beam. It literally unraveled them layer by layer down to their skeletons as it disintegrated them out of existence in a flare of energy. Sort of like a few-second human diagram come to life (or in this case, death). A very cool-looking effect for a late '80s TV show, I must say. On the positive side, you could say it's both death and a 100% cremation condensed into one easy step!

Can anyone think of a more handsome-looking phaser death?

Last night I caught a Star Trek ep. called "Loud as a Whisper" and a few people got caught in a phaser beam. It literally unraveled them layer by layer down to their skeletons as it disintegrated them out of existence in a flare of energy. Sort of like a few-second human diagram come to life (or in this case, death). A very cool-looking effect for a late '80s TV show, I must say. On the positive side, you could say it's both death and a 100% cremation condensed into one easy step!

Pics/video or GFY.

Pics/video or GFY.

It was an unknown alien ray weapon used by a savage race and not a phaser. Only the Federation has phaser technology, though some other civilizations have similar devices. Get with it, man!

The next closest weapon was an outlawed ray weapon shown only once on 'The Most Toys' because it tormented its victim by slowly dissolving them away from the inside out (though it is easier to appreciate when you can stop it down frame by frame. (seen here about 30 seconds in)

I remember that episode. The mute dude was a bit annoying but great episode and the death scene was really good! I tried to post a youtube vid but could not.

You gay

If you're going to insult me, would you please have the courtesy of doing it in proper English that even an 8-year-old child would know? Like saying "You're gay" instead of "You gay" and providing some demonstrable evidence that liking a certain sci-fi special effect is somehow proof of homosexuality?

It was an unknown alien ray weapon used by a savage race and not a phaser. Only the Federation has phaser technology, though some other civilizations have similar devices. Get with it, man!

The next closest weapon was an outlawed ray weapon shown only once on 'The Most Toys' because it tormented its victim by slowly dissolving them away from the inside out (though it is easier to appreciate when you can stop it down frame by frame. (seen here about 30 seconds in)

I remember that phaser from "The Most Toys" episode and it was extremely disturbing to watch. When the villain shot that poor woman, she spent several moments screaming in pure horror and agony before the energy bolt utterly consumed her - can you imagine what that woman's nervous system must have experienced? It ranks as one of the most unpleasant Star Trek death scenes I can remember.

You gay

If you're going to insult me, would you please have the courtesy of doing it in proper English that even an 8-year-old child would know? Like saying "You're gay" instead of "You gay" and providing some demonstrable evidence that liking a certain sci-fi special effect is somehow proof of homosexuality?

Not insultang you .

You gay.

You gay

Dude, she is an insufferable troll. F her. That particular Star Trek episode was pretty cool, though. I have all 7 seasons of TNG and still watch it to this day.

You gay

Not insultang you .

You gay.

Jesus, take a break, stop drinking and go to bed. Oh, and by the way, Fuck Off.

You gay

Dude, she is an insufferable troll. F her. That particular Star Trek episode was pretty cool, though. I have all 7 seasons of TNG and still watch it to this day.

I've seen over 90% of the TNG episodes over the years. It certainly had many, many great, iconic moments that resonate over the years. Even to this day. Just a few faves off the top of my head: "Sarek" "The Inner Light" "Face of the Enemy" "Measure of a Man" "Chain of Command" "Tapestry" any Klingon-centered episode and countless others.

You gay

I've seen over 90% of the TNG episodes over the years. It certainly had many, many great, iconic moments that resonate over the years. Even to this day. Just a few faves off the top of my head: "Sarek" "The Inner Light" "Face of the Enemy" "Measure of a Man" "Chain of Command" "Tapestry" any Klingon-centered episode and countless others.
Those are all very good, you have an excellent memory. I really liked the episodes where they brought back Tasha Yar as a half human half Romulan.

Forum List

Back