The U.S. needs to claim Antartica and oil deposits under ocean before someone else does.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I understand that there are a lot of resources in America, except we need to look to the future and stop letting other countries take our resources. Japan is talking about stealing the moon from us. China is working on stealing Antarctica from us. We also are not staking our claim to oil under the ocean. When is the U.S. going to start looking towards its own future?

I understand that there are a lot of resources in America, except we need to look to the future and stop letting other countries take our resources. Japan is talking about stealing the moon from us. China is working on stealing Antarctica from us. We also are not staking our claim to oil under the ocean. When is the U.S. going to start looking towards its own future?

We gave China the moon.

Too late. Seven nations have already carved up and claimed Antarctica.

"The 1967 Outer Space Treaty, ratified two years before man stepped foot on the Moon, maintains, among other points, that the cosmos are “free for all nations to explore, and sovereign claims cannot be made.”

"The 1967 Outer Space Treaty, ratified two years before man stepped foot on the Moon, maintains, among other points, that the cosmos are “free for all nations to explore, and sovereign claims cannot be made.”

The Outer Space Treaty is a scrap of paper and it would also become null and void the second one country that signed that treaty changes to another country.

The Outer Space Treaty is a scrap of paper and it would also become null and void the second one country that signed that treaty changes to another country.
Changes to another country?

For example, when the Soviet Union split up into 15 countries. If they signed it as the Soviet Union, that does not carry over to the countries it broke up into. In the future, any change to a country such as a name change or splitting into multiple countries, and the Outer Space Treaty would have to be re-signed. However, it is only a silly scrap of paper in the first place.

For example, when the Soviet Union split up into 15 countries. If they signed it as the Soviet Union, that does not carry over to the countries it broke up into. In the future, any change to a country such as a name change or splitting into multiple countries, and the Outer Space Treaty would have to be re-signed. However, it is only a silly scrap of paper in the first place.
Thank you for the explanation. However, silly is your opinion and good enough. My point is that the moon was never ours to begin with to have Japan steal it.

We gave China the moon.
We dropped our pants?

We gave China the moon.
We dropped our pants?
I damned near spit out whiskey and soda with lime when I read this. LMAO! Very good. I mean, the visual of an entire country mooning.

Forum List

Back