Best Picture Outrages

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Here's the list of Best Picture winners and one of the nominations that should have won it. The first movie is the picture that won, the second is the film that should have won. I'll start from the 70s.

The Sting/American Graffiti

Godfather 2/Chinatown

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest/Jaws

Annie Hall/Star Wars

Kramer VS Kramer/Apocalypse Now (although Kramer vs Kramer was an extremely powerful film).

Chariot's of Fire/Raiders of the Lost Ark

Gandhi/ET

Titanic/Good Will Hunting

Shakespeare In Love/Saving Private Ryan

American Beauty/The Green Mile

A Beautiful Mind/Lord of the Rings

Here's the list of Best Picture winners and one of the nominations that should have won it. The first movie is the picture that won, the second is the film that should have won. I'll start from the 70s.

that one is a toss up

Godfather 2/Chinatown

i have to agree with this one...

you are just totally out in left field here...ofotcn was much better than jaws...and the acting was of such a higher caliber

Annie Hall/Star Wars

a woodie allen feminist piece against star wars...plus annie hall made a bold fashion statement for the times.

Kramer VS Kramer/Apocalypse Now (although Kramer vs Kramer was an extremely powerful film).

i will go with apocalpse now..

no opinion on this one...

Gandhi/ET

et was a wonderful movie....gandhi was a moving film etc etc highbrow

never bored myself with either movie

agree

american beauty was just plain weird

yea i will go with lord of the rings here...

looks like your movie choices..reflect a liking of action films of deep thinking films ...in many ways i agree...i prefer to be entertained at movies...i still do not get the jaws over one flew..that is just not right.

i still do not get the jaws over one flew..that is just not right.

Jaws is classic. It was nominated for BP and should have won. It has everything you could ask for in a movie...action, drama, horror and phenominal acting.

The name slips me at the moment but the guy that played the skipper was easily one of the 50 best characters in cinematic history. His name was Shaw or something.

Oh, and you have got to rent/buy Good Will Hunting immediately. Fantastic movie.

Last edited:

Godfather 2/Chinatown

Annie Hall/Star Wars

Gandhi/ET

Godfather Part II is superior to Chinatown.

The Green Mile/American Beauty one is very difficult. No matter what, Kevin Spacey deserved the oscar for Best Actor.

Good Will Hunting should of won over Titanic.

For actors though, Al Pacino has been perhaps the most robbed.

He should of won for Godfather Part I, II, Dog Day Afternoon, Scarface.

Maybe for ...And Justice for all, and Any Given Sunday.

His speech in Any Given Sunday was one of the best for any sport movie ever.

Forum List

Back