CDZ Best of the Board

I'm kinda nervous about publicly discussing SPECIFIC members in a Zone1 forum.. Because that just invites flaming and grief... So PLEASE -- keep this general and leave out the names or it will have to close...

conservatives, which Liberal posters on this board do you wish were Conservative due to their particular writing atyle and means of persuasion? Which Liberals would you have fighting your corner?

And Liberals, which Conservative posters do you admire for their forthrightness, clarity and persuasiveness?
That's easy-none in both cases. There is something called the loyal opposition and we need opposing voices to keep us sharp and honest.

th

I'm my own deplorable person and damn proud of it.

I'm more than willing to discuss an issue with anyone and agree or disagree with them so long as they don't use abusive tactics otherwise all bets are off.

*****SMILE*****

:)

being proud of one's incompetence ,lack of HP, lack of anything past two sylable responses are exactly why the Koch bro's instituted the Tea Party

that's what i see here daily, if not hourly.

mindless partisan tools parotting elitist crap

~S~

If it weren't for dope addled halfwits with high self-esteem, the Democratic Party couldn't exist.

being proud of one's incompetence ,lack of HP, lack of anything past two sylable responses are exactly why the Koch bro's instituted the Tea Party

~S~

th

Are you making allusions concerning my compositional subsistence in a derogatory manner in a Zone 1 area?

*****SMILE*****

:)

conservatives, which Liberal posters on this board do you wish were Conservative due to their particular writing atyle and means of persuasion? Which Liberals would you have fighting your corner?

And Liberals, which Conservative posters do you admire for their forthrightness, clarity and persuasiveness?

Mortimer.

I wish Mortimer could be both Liberal AND Conservative!
He is both and he is neither.

I'm kinda nervous about publicly discussing SPECIFIC members in a Zone1 forum.. Because that just invites flaming and grief... So PLEASE -- keep this general and leave out the names or it will have to close...
I'm surprised its been allowed this long.

~S~

:spinner:Talk about incompetence!! ^^^^^^^

That's easy-none in both cases. There is something called the loyal opposition and we need opposing voices to keep us sharp and honest.

What is needed tho is a COMPETENT "loyal opposition".. Anything short of that is either a mob or mass hysteria.. That's WHY -- there are limits to the value of a loyal opposition..

Good discussions and good discussers, don't cater to political discussion. They may have an affiliation like Liberal, but there is no LIBERAL party... Lots of "liberals" in the Libertarian party, but I think most true liberals are now independents.

To get to good discussion, you have to FOCUS on issues and problem-solving and more importantly what's RIGHT and what's WRONG.. Not just when the "other party" does it.. Not many USMB members can step away from retail politics far enough or be agile problem solvers to HAVE great conversations...

And then some of us have the problem of if the other side goes into the trenches, we are more than willing to jump in with them, and sometimes dig deeper.

Most of the people I debate with on the rest of the board curiously don't follow me over to the CDZ.

Liberal or conservative: The best of the board, without saying names, are the posters that openly admit when they are wrong, or openly state that they've learned something new about a subject by listening to the opposite side of the argument.

Liberal or conservative: The best of the board, without saying names, are the posters that openly admit when they are wrong, or openly state that they've learned something new about a subject by listening to the opposite side of the argument.
I ask questions here because I'm interested but often I am called "stupid" for not knowing a thing. That's just sad--questions are how we learn

Frankly I don't take much here too seriously. It's the internet after all.
Just frivolous entertainment and a chance to vent.
Those with multiple daily threads believing they are changing hearts and minds are lost in the delusion of the importance of their opinion.
Socks must be mocked at every opportunity.

I wish all of the left wingers were conservatives....then we wouldn't have the problems we have...........

Forum List

Back