best jerky ever... check this out!

My younger daughter is coming back home this month. I'm so excited!!! I'm prepping! And she misses the real food! So I'm gonna be making serious cuban food...

Like I said,I'm just not fond of flavored jerky.
I've tried a shit ton of them and they just dont do it for me.
The only places I've found that make decent jerky are the roadside stores in Texas like Buc-ees and small town butcher shops.
If you ever get a chance you need to check out Buc-ees they're usually on major highways on the outskirts of town.
They're there for people going on a road trip mainly. They have hundreds of gas pumps,literally,at every store and they're huge!!!
The one built outside of Katy Texas has the longest car wash in the world. They're a tourist spot all on their own.
They are building them in other states now maybe you'll get lucky and they'll build one in your state.

View attachment 609181
View attachment 609183

We just got a Buck-ees not long ago. The only thing I've eaten from their extensive menue is the BBQ turkey sandwich, and it's really fucking good...

So what exactly is Cuban food? I know it's not Cuban sandwiches since they were invented in Florida.
I'm a huge fan of Jamaican food which covers a lot of carribean food.
That's a Cubano. I make that too. Cuban food is real food. It's not spicy, but it has a lot of flavor. It has a lot of citrus and garlic. So dishes like Arroz Con Pollo, Fricase De Pollo, Ropa Vieja, and countless others are the stuff that people really want to eat when they go to Havana. Yo soy Cubano!

This is a great place for recipes, Puerto Rican too. It's kinda the same. Just different names sometimes.

if that doesn't work... :)

same thing, just click recipes

What I'm going to make today, once the potatoes arrive in a little while, is actually Puerto Rican food. It is friggin fantastic! Just make white rice along with it, and this will be meals for a couple of days if you double the recipe. This is habichuelas guisadas. Or Puerto Rican Beans. Just as good as Cuban! But we make black beans! :)

To make white rice, it's real easy. However much rice you make, double the water. You shouldn't make more than 1-2 cups of rice at a time. Use long grain rice. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Do not wash the rice beforehand, and do not overstir. Just stir once or twice until it gets to a boil. Then put the burner on 1, cover, and let it slowly steam for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, fluff up the rice with a fork, put the cover back on and remove from heat until the rest of the food is ready.

Last edited:
Another great place to get Cuban recipe ideas, is Cooked By Julie. She's Cuban, but cooks a lot of non-Cuban stuff too, but she does Cuban food well. And her voice is exquisite! I could just listen to her all day long! :)

I'm talking jerky, and not a brisket sandwich I cannot possibly have. Gosh I wish I could!!

You can all get the jerky that I'm talking about. But you don't have to. I'm just sayin it's really good. But how do I order the brisket sandwich? Because I would do that in a heartbeat.

Check out Julie. She really good with cooking, and has the most incredible voice. One listen, and you're hooked...

ok this is what I made...
5027307941333976531.jpg

I would marry Julie. And so would anyone after listening to her voice, and watching her food. And she's actually hot.

I rotate the racks as I go to keep em even.
You can fill 10 gallon ziplocks when you do 20 lbs.
Shits like gold so I never tell my buddies how much I made,I'll just give em a gallon ziplock and pretend it hurts.
The worst part honestly is the dogs. They can smell that shit a mile away and they wont stop begging unless you give em some.
Yeah I rotate too it gets the airflow going faster. After its done I weigh out half pound bags usually and then seal them with one of those vacuum sealer machines....I freeze some, sell some, and give some away.
Also, I cut my own slices, or my wife does. I have moved around so much I left the butcher who did a great job and I am pretty good at it now.

Yeah I rotate too it gets the airflow going faster. After its done I weigh out half pound bags usually and then seal them with one of those vacuum sealer machines....I freeze some, sell some, and give some away.
Also, I cut my own slices, or my wife does. I have moved around so much I left the butcher who did a great job and I am pretty good at it now.

It took me awhile to find a butcher that would do it.
I have a meat slicer that would do it but it would take awhile.

Like I said,I'm just not fond of flavored jerky.
I've tried a shit ton of them and they just dont do it for me.
The only places I've found that make decent jerky are the roadside stores in Texas like Buc-ees and small town butcher shops.
If you ever get a chance you need to check out Buc-ees they're usually on major highways on the outskirts of town.
They're there for people going on a road trip mainly. They have hundreds of gas pumps,literally,at every store and they're huge!!!
The one built outside of Katy Texas has the longest car wash in the world. They're a tourist spot all on their own.
They are building them in other states now maybe you'll get lucky and they'll build one in your state.

View attachment 609181
View attachment 609183
how many gas pumps are at that station?....

Dang, I've driven cross country 4 times, and never saw something like that! :) Where is it?

Forum List

Back