Best frozen pizza?

I'm from Queens, NY, and grew up next to the best Sicilian pizza in the world, so I'm not going to discuss the best fresh pizza. But I am very curious what you like as the best frozen pizza, available in supermarkets and such!

To be fair with all the frozen pizzas, it has to be a cheese pizza, not something with toppings to mask the taste.

So far I like Amy's Margherita pizza 2nd, and Screaming Sicilian first (Bessie's Revenge all cheese pizza... really good). Both expensive for a frozen pizza, but well worth it.

And Tony's 5-cheese pizza is a close 3rd. Believe it or not... And cheap!

I get 5 cheese tombstone the most, but Homerun Inn (Chicago Classic) is the best

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I heard about Homerun Inn pizza, and it's supposed to be really good! I always look for it, but it's not to be found in Phoenix supermarkets yet. I will buy it as soon as I see it though!

But check out DiGiorno's "Crispy Pan Pizza", which is my new fav since the first post. The Supreme one is my fav so far, even better than the plain cheese, which is how I normally roll. The pepperoni one is #3 but still good.

1) freezing your own fresh pizza from scratch
2) freezing a pizzeria pizza
Think about it, for $5 would you want an american cheese tasting weird sauce cracker dough frozen pizza or a frozen Little Caesar pizza?
3) I've been buying the Walmart Great Value rising crust supreme pizza under $3 loaded toppings and sprucing it up slightly. Thick crust not a crisp cracker.
Sometimes I freeze home made pizza dough.

1) freezing your own fresh pizza from scratch
2) freezing a pizzeria pizza
Think about it, for $5 would you want an american cheese tasting weird sauce cracker dough frozen pizza or a frozen Little Caesar pizza?
3) I've been buying the Walmart Great Value rising crust supreme pizza under $3 loaded toppings and sprucing it up slightly. Thick crust not a crisp cracker.
Sometimes I freeze home made pizza dough.
Yeah most recipes & people make enough dough for at least 2 pizzas so making big batches and freezing the excess does work well since dough maintains it's quality when frozen. Or I use the excess to make Calzones. :)
When Walmart stoped carrying my favorite frozen NY pizza dough,
I Bought a bread machine with a dough setting, so the kneeding and temp reached to help rise the dough is taken care of without the attention and work needed.
The end result is my pizza dough recipe prepared by the bread machine makes great pizza dough for hoarding in frozen storage.

Forum List

Back