Best beer

Now you know where they came up with their slogan "I'm loving it". In fact that's the only reason the slogan makes sense to me.

Of the different countries I've visited and tried ALL their most popular beers, only 2 stand out

Carlsberg_Elephant_Large.jpg

&

8725000639679.jpg

The Europeans call Budweiser Bud-WATER.
:lol:

Of course these are hard to come by in the States and you damned sure won't get the same alcohol content, so it's either Sam Adams or Pauli Girl
:cool:

Best beer....? = FREE BEER!

Budweiser could be free and I wouldn't touch it with your mouth.

My current beer of choice? Well, beers...

Moose Drool Brown Ale, Big Sky Brewing Company, Missoula Montana.

Heavy Horse Scottish Ale, Big Sky Brewing Company, Missoula Montana. This is a limited release, sadly.

Voodoo American Stout, Left Coast Brewing Company. I will never drink Guinness again.

Of the different countries I've visited and tried ALL their most popular beers, only 2 stand out

&

8725000639679.jpg

Of course these are hard to come by in the States and you damned sure won't get the same alcohol content, so it's either Sam Adams or Pauli Girl

What made them stand out?

&

8725000639679.jpg

What made them stand out?

Bold, rich flavor coupled with 16 and 12 (respectively) percent alcohol is heaven.

When you can get shit-faced on a 6 pack of a good tasting beer.......
:clap2:

I hate beer, but that is likely because I've only ever had American beer.

What beer do you usually drink, if you do? Is American really crap compared to, say, German?

There is no "Best beer", just as there is no "Best wine", "Best Scotch", "Best whiskey",
Best vodka", etc. A lot of it comes down to personal preferences.
Most mass produced American beers are crap (I include all of the north American Continent when I make that statement). I wouldn't drink Miller or Budweiser if it were free. I might drink Coors if say, I was at your house doing hard physical labor during the summer, you had no other beer, you had no water, and it was free.
There are quite a few American micro-brewers and craft brewers that put out some excellent products that compare favorably to a lot of the UK and European brews.
Back to personal preference, I don't care for lagers very much, I prefer Pale Ales, Pilsners, Weizen, Porters and Stouts. The three former being spring and summer beers and the two latter best enjoyed late fall and winter.
Additionally, a beer can complement the food one is eating, for instance, I'm not fond of most Asian beers but if I am eating sushi I just might order a Sapporo to go with it. Many brews were made to compliment the cuisine from the same country or region. I darn sure wouldn't get an Anchor Steam with a sushi meal, but I'll get that same Anchor Steam if I'm eating a sourdough abalone sandwich in Half Moon Bay.

Nothing wrong with American beer. Beer snobs just like to prance around telling everyone they are 'sophisticated.'

I'm not fond of most Asian beers but if I am eating sushi I just might order a Sapporo to go with it. Many brews were made to compliment the cuisine from the same country or region. I darn sure wouldn't get an Anchor Steam with a sushi meal, but I'll get that same Anchor Steam if I'm eating a sourdough abalone sandwich in Half Moon Bay.

You wanna try Ebisu, although sake is really better with sushi as beer is a bit heavy and can slow your consumption.

I lived in Germany for eight years and grew to appreciate their beers. What's best is, they forbid the use of preservatives. Lots of other places allow preservatives, particularly formaldehyde. That is what gives you the big head (no pun intended). I particularly enjoy a good hefeweizen, chunks and all.
I am giving up beer in favor of my own homemade mead, however. I have several in stock and enjoy experimenting with new versions. Right now, I'm preparing dandelions for the process. In the Fall, I will be collecting wild rose hips to see how a nice rose hip melomel turns out.

The kind of overwrought crap that beer snobs pat themselves on the back over ruins what beer really is. I enjoy a dark/heavy beer, but if one glass of beer feels like drinking three loaves of bread it's over done. And don't get me started on 'beer' that tastes like a fruit salad or a florist shop. WTF?

The kind of overwrought crap that beer snobs pat themselves on the back over ruins what beer really is. I enjoy a dark/heavy beer, but if one glass of beer feels like drinking three loaves of bread it's over done. And don't get me started on 'beer' that tastes like a fruit salad or a florist shop. WTF?

Or any beer that needs a lime in it to be drinkable means there's something fundamentally wrong with that beer
:thup:

Sherry, offering root beer to guests could get you shot in the face in some countries...

Diet root beer at that.

Diet is just die with a "t" on the end...

Sherry, offering root beer to guests could get you shot in the face in some countries...

Diet root beer at that.

Diet is just die with a "t" on the end...

Never do anything with the word "die" in it
:eusa_whistle:

I'm not speaking to either of you for the rest of the night.:eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back