Best beer

I drink about 3 beers a year and those are usually Coronas. If I'm traveling and see a new one I may try one, but seldom finish it.
I drank tons of beer up until the age of 17 when I discovered Bourbon.
Now I just make my caneshine and some liqueurs.

I've had Corona but wasn't really impressed.

I hate beer, but that is likely because I've only ever had American beer.

What beer do you usually drink, if you do? Is American really crap compared to, say, German?

You really do not know anything about beer, do you?

Americans brewers make some of the finest beers on earth, BD.

Those won't be those gigantic nation brands, of course, but as to fine beer, many American brewerues are churning out some truly fine sudz.

Nothing wrong with American beer. Beer snobs just like to prance around telling everyone they are 'sophisticated.'

The existence of beer and wine snobs is because some beers and wines are superior in quality and taste. Unkotare, or in this case, Idon'tcare is probably a proud Ripple drinker.

Last edited:
Has anyone brought up Bluemoon or Fat Tired yet?

Both delish.

I brought up Blue Moon...it's my favorite right "after" Oberon (which is made here in Michigan)...we can't get Oberon in the winter months so then it Blue Moon for us!!! :)

I don't drink a lot of beer. Maybe 6 beers a year. When I do have a cool one, I like Bud.

Nothing wrong with American beer. Beer snobs just like to prance around telling everyone they are 'sophisticated.'

The existence of beer and wine snobs is because some beers and wines are superior in quality and taste. Unkotare, or in this case, Idon'tcare is probably a proud Ripple drinker.

Are you a wannabe snob, precious?

I used to sell beer for a living and I'm an unabashed beer snob. There are a lot of really good microbreweries in America, but I won't drink crap cooking beers like Bud or Coors. The brewing process of the mass produced beers makes for a cheap but crappy product IMO. If you like the big breweries, I'm not going to argue with you because everyone's taste is their own, but I'd rather eat a filet mignon than a Big Mac.

Are you a wannabe snob, precious?

No, there are just some beers that I like a he'll of a lot more than others. It is all about taste for me.

What beer do you usually drink, if you do? Is American really crap compared to, say, German?

You really do not know anything about beer, do you?

Americans brewers make some of the finest beers on earth, BD.

Those won't be those gigantic nation brands, of course, but as to fine beer, many American brewerues are churning out some truly fine sudz.

I really don't. I said so, you quoted me. Sheesh. :lol:

Anyway, - how do you get them if they're not 'gigantic national brands'? Or even find them, to know they're good?

I used to sell beer for a living and I'm an unabashed beer snob. There are a lot of really good microbreweries in America, but I won't drink crap cooking beers like Bud or Coors. The brewing process of the mass produced beers makes for a cheap but crappy product IMO. If you like the big breweries, I'm not going to argue with you because everyone's taste is their own, but I'd rather eat a filet mignon than a Big Mac.

Tease.

And your recommendation(s) would be?

My FAV was Killians Red

Then I had some in England. What's served here is piss water by comparison.

So I mostly have a Guinness or a black and tan. but I will never ever have it outside the border, just incase it's vastly better.

I'll sometimes have a Corona with lime

You are two points from "leet" (1337) rep!!

I just made a comment about this on another post where you were talking about the Beer Summit. So i'll repeat it :)

I had some beer when i was in Germany that i believe came from Switzerland? A friend of my sons bought him a bottle (over $20!) and he shared it with me. This beer you have to SIP...it burns going down! I don't care for dark beer, but this did actually taste pretty good. And boy was it strong!!

I really do love beer, but i can't even drink the Bud lights or any like it anymore. In Michigan we have a local beer brewed in Kalamazoo called Oberon (made by Bells Brewery) - it's a lot like the light wheat type beer you can get in Germany (can't remember the name of it!). The problem is it's only a summer ale so we can't get it during the winter months. So then we get Blue Moon, or Shock Top. Those are both light ales and much stronger than stuff like Bud. You should try it - i don't know what state you're in but i know Blue Moon & shock top are sold in other states (i bought it in NC before).

I bought a 6 pack of Shock Top a couple of weeks ago. It's like drinking water.

Veering off into the realm of softdrinks...it has been my experience that almost all peoples around the globe really hate rootbeer except we Americans.
Root beer, although it is available throughout the world, is really an American drink. What we know as root beer today was developed by Charles Hires in the late 1800's and introduced in Philadelphia. It's predecessor was call small beer, a low alcohol drink made from barks, berry, and herbs which appeared in Briton about 800 years ago.

The beer in Belgium was outstanding. And no, the "Belgian" beers brewed here, or even imported from Belgium are nowhere near as good.

Stella is the most overrated barley pop I've ever drank.

New Glarus Brewery puts out some awesome stuff.

New Glarus Brewing

I don't mind Stella but that's not what I meant. It's another mass produced beer. In every restaurant and bar we went to in Belgium, it was one high quality beer after another. And I don't think I drank the same beer twice.

Veering off into the realm of softdrinks...it has been my experience that almost all peoples around the globe really hate rootbeer except we Americans.
Root beer, although it is available throughout the world, is really an American drink. What we know as root beer today was developed by Charles Hires in the late 1800's and introduced in Philadelphia. It's predecessor was call small beer, a low alcohol drink made from barks, berry, and herbs which appeared in Briton about 800 years ago.

Not to mention that other nations or regions have "their" drinks. How about eel soda anyone?

Top 10 Weirdest Japanese Snacks and Drinks | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net

The beer in Belgium was outstanding. And no, the "Belgian" beers brewed here, or even imported from Belgium are nowhere near as good.

Stella is the most overrated barley pop I've ever drank.

New Glarus Brewery puts out some awesome stuff.

New Glarus Brewing

Have to agree.. I bought a six a few weeks ago just to try is and it left me unimpressed...

I am a big fan of all of the Flying Dog brand ales...

Always have a supply of Tröegs on hand for when I run out of my own stuff...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back