Best beer

I brew some pretty damn good beer. Of course over the years I've tweeked it to my exact taste, but I have had compliments from almost everyone who has tasted it. It's a simple ale; malt, hops, yeast, water. Very high alcohol content.

After my own brew, my absolute favorite is Shock Top.

Nothing wrong with American beer. Beer snobs just like to prance around telling everyone they are 'sophisticated.'

Depends on the person. My favorite store bought beer is Shock Top. It's made in the USA and I've tasted beers from all over the world. That said, I cannot stand light beers, COORS, or Miller. I can drink Bud and Busch if pressed.

I agree with you that there are beer snobs who will be rude and ignorant, but that's human nature. I ignore them. I like what I like, you like what you like, who's to say who's wrong or right.

I hate beer, but that is likely because I've only ever had American beer.

What beer do you usually drink, if you do? Is American really crap compared to, say, German?
If by American, you're talking about Bush, Bud, Millers, etc, the answer is yes. There are over 1400 brewers in the US, and probably over 10,000 beers. Some of these are great and some are terrible.

My all time favorite are:
Spaten Optimator - German
Murphy's Irish Stout - Irish
Blue Moon - (USA - Colorado)

Blue Moon is good as well. IMO, Shock Top is slightly better.

What beer do you usually drink, if you do? Is American really crap compared to, say, German?

You really do not know anything about beer, do you?

Americans brewers make some of the finest beers on earth, BD.

Those won't be those gigantic nation brands, of course, but as to fine beer, many American brewerues are churning out some truly fine sudz.

Very true. Here in Orlando we have Orlando Brewery, small time brewer, most excellent beers. There is also The Shipyard in Winter Park that has some truely great limited edition brews.

Veering off into the realm of softdrinks...it has been my experience that almost all peoples around the globe really hate rootbeer except we Americans.
Root beer, although it is available throughout the world, is really an American drink. What we know as root beer today was developed by Charles Hires in the late 1800's and introduced in Philadelphia. It's predecessor was call small beer, a low alcohol drink made from barks, berry, and herbs which appeared in Briton about 800 years ago.

I love me some root beer, but I very rarely drink soda (pop).

I used to sell beer for a living and I'm an unabashed beer snob. There are a lot of really good microbreweries in America, but I won't drink crap cooking beers like Bud or Coors. The brewing process of the mass produced beers makes for a cheap but crappy product IMO. If you like the big breweries, I'm not going to argue with you because everyone's taste is their own, but I'd rather eat a filet mignon than a Big Mac.

I understand exactly what you are saying about beers, but hey, sometimes I just want a Big Mac.

After my home brew, the ones I drink and enjoy the most are:

Shock Top
Blue Moon
Guinness
Dos Equis Amber
Killian's Red

Beers that won't touch my lips:

Light Beers
Heinekin
Coors
Corona
Molson

Veering off into the realm of softdrinks...it has been my experience that almost all peoples around the globe really hate rootbeer except we Americans.
Root beer, although it is available throughout the world, is really an American drink. What we know as root beer today was developed by Charles Hires in the late 1800's and introduced in Philadelphia. It's predecessor was call small beer, a low alcohol drink made from barks, berry, and herbs which appeared in Briton about 800 years ago.

Not to mention that other nations or regions have "their" drinks. How about eel soda anyone?

Top 10 Weirdest Japanese Snacks and Drinks | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net
Gau Jal: made of cow urine

Placenta 10000 is a jelly drink. With placenta. Pig placenta.

A brewery in Hokkaido, Japan, recently released a low-malt beer using milk.

I brew some pretty damn good beer. Of course over the years I've tweeked it to my exact taste, but I have had compliments from almost everyone who has tasted it. It's a simple ale; malt, hops, yeast, water. Very high alcohol content.

Really? I'm not much of a beer or spirits drinker. I know guys who can double my annual consumption in one evening. I found Shock Top to be almost flavorless.

Favorites:

Ebisu
Shlitz
Guinness
Sam Adams Lager
Kirin Ichiban

Really? I'm not much of a beer or spirits drinker. I know guys who can double my annual consumption in one evening. I found Shock Top to be almost flavorless.

Well, to each his own.

Some of the worst hangovers I've had came after drinking small, local beers in China. I'm pretty sure the hangover was not from the alcohol but rather whatever chemical runoff was contaminating the filthy water it was made from. The upside was that you could get buckets of it for next to nothing (back then). The bottles were 'recycled.' Not in the way you might think of that term today though. Empties were collected, given a quick rinse and refilled. You could see glue marks where the previous label had been stuck on the bottle.

But hey, sometimes you just gotta have a beer. If you are also drinking baijiu at the same time, you soon forget that you are essentially embalming yourself.

Well, to each his own.

Agreed. Just saying that compared to the various beers I've drank over the years, ST doesn't have much flavor to me personally. That's why I was surprised that a home brewer liked it so much.

Well, to each his own.

Agreed. Just saying that compared to the various beers I've drank over the years, ST doesn't have much flavor to me personally. That's why I was surprised that a home brewer liked it so much.

I wish I had the time and equipment to brew wheat beers.

I find that Shock Top has a great flavor.

I used to sell beer for a living and I'm an unabashed beer snob. There are a lot of really good microbreweries in America, but I won't drink crap cooking beers like Bud or Coors. The brewing process of the mass produced beers makes for a cheap but crappy product IMO. If you like the big breweries, I'm not going to argue with you because everyone's taste is their own, but I'd rather eat a filet mignon than a Big Mac.

Not to mention that since i "switched" over to great brewery beer that i no longer wake up with a Headache! That's worth it right there! Lol!

olde+english+40.jpg

I drink OE, Icehouse and 211 high gravity... :lol:

Fuck that Bud Lite, MGD, Miller Lite etc bullshit - I get down.

I'm either drinking Icehouse in the can or 40's of 211 or OE...

The only beer I wont drink is Camo. That shit is fucking disgusting.

2620229634_099440361e.jpg

Last edited:
The beer in Belgium was outstanding. And no, the "Belgian" beers brewed here, or even imported from Belgium are nowhere near as good.

Stella is the most overrated barley pop I've ever drank.

New Glarus Brewery puts out some awesome stuff.

New Glarus Brewing

I have to disagree. As a normal lager beer Stella Artois is among the best. Obviously if you want to go into specialty beers, there are many others that have more taste.

Forum List

Back