Bergdahl Supporters?

Question: Where are all of Bergdahl's fellow platoon members that are coming out in public and supporting him? Some of his defenders on these post want to criticize a rush to judgement based on those platoon members who have been critical of him.

meh.... they lied about kerry.

i think we'll wait for fact-based reality instead of wing nut toons.

Speaking of facts:

How do you know "they lied about Kerry"

Again, does the Army really want to pick at this scab at this point?

All the sudden you seem terribly concerned about maintaining the Integrity of the Army's Image?

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I'd be all for picking the scab. Clearly, there are a lot of things that went very wrong with the Military Establishment, and the War on An Emotion has exposed them.

This was the first test of the "All-Volunteer" Army in a prolonged conflict, and it failed, miserably. Seriously, it exhausted itself fighting two third world countries, to the point that by 2009, they were taking a foul-up like Bergdahl.

And not wanting to admit they took a mentally unstable man in, failed to recognize he was losing his shit, they kind of covered up he had deserted/wandered off and even promoted him in abstentia, hoping he wouldn't show up again.

Not sure if the Army is game for that. Especially since it's unlikely that Bergdahl would be mentally competent to participate in his own defense.

"I think this war is crazy and should never have happened,"

"I think our leaders and our people have wrongly attacked the peaceful people...,"

The statements do sort of speak for themselves....

How about letting the kid go home to his family and leaving him alone?
The "kid" wouldn't last an hour out in public. At home or anywhere else.
I'm betting there are currently hundreds of ex-military men cleaning their high powered rifles with high powered scopes attached planning their 'next hunting trip' right now.
The DESERTER will never show his face in public as long as he lives. He will rot in a max. security facility in an isolation ward on suicide watch. And he will cost the Makers millions of tax dollars.

The "kid" wouldn't last an hour out in public. At home or anywhere else.
I'm betting there are currently hundreds of ex-military men cleaning their high powered rifles with high powered scopes attached planning their 'next hunting trip' right now.
The DESERTER will never show his face in public as long as he lives. He will rot in a max. security facility in an isolation ward on suicide watch. And he will cost the Makers millions of tax dollars.

And just HOW do we distinguish you right wing SCUM from al Qaeda?

I repeat and I hope all his supporters are in the audience when this happens on live TV:"Sgt. Bunghole left his base camp of his own free-will and joined enemy forces to kill American troops. He was no POW. I hope right in the middle of Sgt. Bunghole's homecoming in Idaho he leaps up screeching AHHHYAAAHAAA "ALLAH AKBAR" !!!!!! Then goes fucking postal right then and there. Like a Manchurian candidate." Even if he did that left wing nuts would support him if Obama does.

just a little more fuel for the upcoming :blowup:

Then a call came through on the radio.

"I'll never forget that line, 'Has anyone seen Bergdahl?'" says Buetow.

Firsthand accounts from soldiers in his platoon say Bergdahl disappeared while he was on guard duty.

Buetow says Bergdahl was about to go on guard duty, but when a fellow soldier went to wake him, he was not in his tent. He had left behind his weapons, his bullet-proof vest, and night vision gear.

"I immediately knew, I said, 'He walked away. He walked away,'" said Buetow.

Bergdahl walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera and a diary, according to firsthand accounts from soldiers in his platoon.

..................................................... :blowup: ..........................................

This thread represents the depths of hatred the right has let loose in America. Now even veterans summarily judge another veteran because a black President made a tough decision. The issue is not leave no soldier behind anymore, it's rather criticize criticize criticize.

Seriously? "Black President?"

You're already playing the race card?*

:eusa_clap:

MULATTO is a more correct term for this scumbag

*isn't that what the lefties do ?

The story has been debunked. There are logs leaked to the media by Bradley Manning that cover that area and time period and there is nothing in the day to day logs in that area that say anything about any loss of life from any patrol looking for Bergdahl. How can anyone link to something that never was recorded to have happened? You know this which is why you are trying to shift the onus away from the people who fabricated the story. The burden is on the people making the claims to show some record from that time period and area that says people died while looking for Bergdahl.

You keep saying that, yet no links. Do you think that links are irrelevant?

Wait, I am talking to ed, aren't I?

There is no documentation to the claims that there are deaths connected to looking for Bergdahl, the lack of documentation when leaked logs exist is the proof that the claims never happened. The claim has been debunked by the fact that there is no log to support the death claims. Again, how can anyone link to a log of something that never happened??? The fact that it never happened is why there is no log!!!!

You expect people to believe that the Army sent out exactly two patrols looking for him, or trying to make sure they didn't move him, during the 5 years he was gone. The only thing you debunked is your credibility, which wasn't all that good before you decided to claim that this was a debunked claim.

Sorry, but if he went AWOL, or deserted completely, he's not going to be left alone. he will have to answer, and he's not getting out of it.

Again, does the Army really want to pick at this scab at this point?

Let's be honest, they engaged in a huge cover-up here. Mostly because they didn't want the folks back home to know how bad morale was or that we had people just walking off.

But really, all Bergdahl has to say is "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" and he walks.

They engaged? Who is this they? Are you another one of those conspiracy whackadoodles that see people hiding in potted plants?

This thread represents the depths of hatred the right has let loose in America. Now even veterans summarily judge another veteran because a black President made a tough decision. The issue is not leave no soldier behind anymore, it's rather criticize criticize criticize. Anyone who has served knows military life can be very tough and if they had their eyes open would have seen lots that should have made them just a bit more empathetic and conscious. The American right today is simply sad and actually un-American.

'Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History'

Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History | Informed Comment

"In the 1980s radical Shiites in Lebanon took American hostages. In order to free them, the Reagan administration not only negotiated with Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini but actually stole T.O.W. anti-aircraft munitions from Pentagon warehouses and shipped them to Tehran, receiving the money for them in black bank accounts and sending it to right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Khomeini and his government were listed as terrorists by the State Department at the time, and selling weapons to Iran was highly illegal. Not only that, but the US was allied with Iraq at the time, so Reagan screwed over Baghdad this way. Reagan did it, in part to free US hostages in Lebanon (Iran put pressure on its clients for their release)."

Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Iran-Contra Affairs

Dear asshole,

Shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,
Everyone with a brain.

This thread represents the depths of hatred the right has let loose in America. Now even veterans summarily judge another veteran because a black President made a tough decision. The issue is not leave no soldier behind anymore, it's rather criticize criticize criticize. Anyone who has served knows military life can be very tough and if they had their eyes open would have seen lots that should have made them just a bit more empathetic and conscious. The American right today is simply sad and actually un-American.

'Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History'

Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History | Informed Comment

"In the 1980s radical Shiites in Lebanon took American hostages. In order to free them, the Reagan administration not only negotiated with Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini but actually stole T.O.W. anti-aircraft munitions from Pentagon warehouses and shipped them to Tehran, receiving the money for them in black bank accounts and sending it to right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Khomeini and his government were listed as terrorists by the State Department at the time, and selling weapons to Iran was highly illegal. Not only that, but the US was allied with Iraq at the time, so Reagan screwed over Baghdad this way. Reagan did it, in part to free US hostages in Lebanon (Iran put pressure on its clients for their release)."

Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Iran-Contra Affairs

Very good post.

It's cartoonish the way that the right wing views things. Let the military justice system play out then feel free to comment. Right now, we know he's been released and we traded 5 soldiers who've been out of combat for something like 10 years for him Good deal; bad precedent.

Good post? Seriously?

Let me spell this out for you, it was wrong when Reagan traded arms for hostages, it is wrong when Obama trades five generals for one.

Even Mathews gets this one, it should be a slam dunk.

Question: Where are all of Bergdahl's fellow platoon members that are coming out in public and supporting him? Some of his defenders on these post want to criticize a rush to judgement based on those platoon members who have been critical of him.

meh.... they lied about kerry.

i think we'll wait for fact-based reality instead of wing nut toons.

What lie did they tell about Kerry? Did he not come home and testify that he personally saw soldiers and sailors committing war crimes? Did not his fellow vets raise up in outrage when the Democrats were going to make that lying scumbag President?

Last edited:

Poor fucking guy. I guess the families of those dead soldiers will just have to toughen up a little. Again, mindless automaton for Obama.

SO...fuck due process and what civil societies do. Let's do EXACTLY what terrorists do.

Can Bowe Bergdahl Be Tied to 6 Lost Lives? Facts Are Murky

Why do you guys keep bringing up "murky" facts? Is it because the clear facts are so abhorrent all you can do is point to something else and claim that is all we are talking about?

You keep saying that, yet no links. Do you think that links are irrelevant?

Wait, I am talking to ed, aren't I?

There is no documentation to the claims that there are deaths connected to looking for Bergdahl, the lack of documentation when leaked logs exist is the proof that the claims never happened. The claim has been debunked by the fact that there is no log to support the death claims. Again, how can anyone link to a log of something that never happened??? The fact that it never happened is why there is no log!!!!

You expect people to believe that the Army sent out exactly two patrols looking for him, or trying to make sure they didn't move him, during the 5 years he was gone. The only thing you debunked is your credibility, which wasn't all that good before you decided to claim that this was a debunked claim.

TWO patrols is YOUR made up number, just like the made up number of dead while on patrol looking for Bergdahl.

To say it's been "debunked" is not an honest answer.

Right at this moment, unless new information comes forward, the real answer to whether any soldiers were killed looking for Burgdahl is a bit murky.
The soldiers that were killed looking for him, were also involved in other missions, so it's difficult to pin their deaths DIRECTLY due to the search.

Let me give a quick analogy..............

You have four places you need to stop at today.
You need to make a stop at Home Depot, Autozone, WalMart, and McDonalds.

You leave your house and get on a local hiway that has exits to all four places you need to go to.

Somewhere along the hiway, you are struck by a truck and are killed.

The next day your spouse tearfully claims that if you had only not been driving to WalMart you would be alive.

Now, she's not factually wrong, but, you really cannot say you died going to WalMart because there were other stops on your list as well.

The hunt for Bergdahl is however at least partly the reason these GI's were killed.

Anyway. The DESERTER will never leave the max. security facility he will be housed in for the rest of his life. The faggot/LIB/boy who pees sitting down won't get any more ballet lessons. He won't be able to give any more BJs. He won't ever be in any general population where he might get lucky and have a 300 pound Black gang-banger 'marry him'.
He'll get his subscriptions to the ballet magazines.
He'll cost the Makers a couple of million dollar to keep his scum ass alive.
With any luck he'll off himself sooner than later and stop using up the air.
The Dunce Cap in Chief knew every detail of this scums desertion and the cost of honourable men's lives and he made another political decision attempting to deflect from the VA scandal and once again he proved that electing some one based solely on the colour of their skin is a terrible mistake.
The voters this fall and in 16 will remember what the LIBs did.
NEWS FLASH!!!!! Hillary just announced that she is in fact gay! So the LIBs can now cast their vote for: 'The First Woman' and if that isn't quite enough to cross the finish line, for the first Gay Woman for President.

Right at this moment, unless new information comes forward, the real answer to whether any soldiers were killed looking for Burgdahl is a bit murky.
The soldiers that were killed looking for him, were also involved in other missions, so it's difficult to pin their deaths DIRECTLY due to the search.

You leave your house and get on a local hiway that has exits to all four places you need to go to.

The next day your spouse tearfully claims that if you had only not been driving to WalMart you would be alive.

Now, she's not factually wrong, but, you really cannot say you died going to WalMart because there were other stops on your list as well.

The hunt for Bergdahl is however at least partly the reason these GI's were killed.

Again, there are logs recorded at the time that have no mention of anyone killed while on patrol looking for Bergdahl. All such claims only came about after the GOP and the FOX Rumor Mill recruited Right-wingers in the troop to make such claims. There is no documentation to back up the ever changing number of dead. All the factual evidence, based on the army logs, fails to show that ANY soldiers died because they were out looking for Bergdahl, but rather those deaths occurred in the course of routine action, consistent with what had been occurring well before Bergdahl went missing!

Again, there are logs recorded at the time that have no mention of anyone killed while on patrol looking for Bergdahl. All such claims only came about after the GOP and the FOX Rumor Mill recruited Right-wingers in the troop to make such claims. There is no documentation to back up the ever changing number of dead. All the factual evidence, based on the army logs, fails to show that ANY soldiers died because they were out looking for Bergdahl, but rather those deaths occurred in the course of routine action, consistent with what had been occurring well before Bergdahl went missing!

Funny how you have seen all these logs, yet have absolutely no links to prove it. On the other hand, the Pentagon has stated, in its normal refusal to answer a question, that they can't tell what missions specific soldiers were on when they were killed. Funny, I trust the lies I know they are feeding me a lot more than I do you.

Forum List

Back