Bergdahl Supporters?

Question: Where are all of Bergdahl's fellow platoon members that are coming out in public and supporting him? Some of his defenders on these post want to criticize a rush to judgement based on those platoon members who have been critical of him.

Reading Hastings account of the events leading up to this incident, no one in Bergdahl's platoon was up for "Soldier of the Year".

Who debunked it? When?

Everybody who bothered to check, which lets out the entire Right wing!

Yet you can provide absolutely no links to said debunking, what a surprise.

Well, let's look at the time line!

Bergdahl is discovered to be missing on 30 Jun 2009.
The search ended 8 days later which takes us to 08 Jul 2009. No casualties from anyone on patrol so far.
The first deaths of anyone on patrol anywhere near the area came on 04 Sep 2009 and 11 Sep 2009, but they were members of Third Platoon, Bergdahl was a member of the Second Platoon.

Everybody who bothered to check, which lets out the entire Right wing!

The search ended 8 days later which takes us to 08 Jul 2009. No casualties from anyone on patrol so far.
The first deaths of anyone on patrol anywhere near the area came on 04 Sep 2009 and 11 Sep 2009, but they were members of Third Platoon, Bergdahl was a member of the Second Platoon.

So, no actual proof that anyone who died wasn't actually searching for him, even from the Pentagon.

14 deaths are directly attributed to Bergdahl’s defection. The left may deny it but that won't make it any less true.

Michael Hastings continued his investigation for a year before he was assassinated. The article he wrote showed a military without a leader and in disarray. He was said to be working on exposing David Petraeus. This might be part of the reason that Hastings was killed.

So, no actual proof that anyone who died wasn't actually searching for him, even from the Pentagon.

You have no actual proof of anyone dying while on patrol looking for him, and you have no timeline. You have only fantasy and wishful thinking.

14 deaths are directly attributed to Bergdahl’s defection. The left may deny it but that won't make it any less true.

Michael Hastings continued his investigation for a year before he was assassinated. The article he wrote showed a military without a leader and in disarray. He was said to be working on exposing David Petraeus. This might be part of the reason that Hastings was killed.

Do I hear 20? How about 30, better yet 100, make up any number you want, the sky is the limit.

Idiot!

You have no actual proof of anyone dying while on patrol looking for him, and you have no timeline. You have only fantasy and wishful thinking.

I don't recall claiming anyone died looking for him, I asked for your proof that the story had been debunked. You presented none, but thanks for the deflection in an attempt to make it look like I was making the absurd claims..

I don't recall claiming anyone died looking for him, I asked for your proof that the story had been debunked. You presented none, but thanks for the deflection in an attempt to make it look like I was making the absurd claims..

The story has been debunked. There are logs leaked to the media by Bradley Manning that cover that area and time period and there is nothing in the day to day logs in that area that say anything about any loss of life from any patrol looking for Bergdahl. How can anyone link to something that never was recorded to have happened? You know this which is why you are trying to shift the onus away from the people who fabricated the story. The burden is on the people making the claims to show some record from that time period and area that says people died while looking for Bergdahl.

The story has been debunked. There are logs leaked to the media by Bradley Manning that cover that area and time period and there is nothing in the day to day logs in that area that say anything about any loss of life from any patrol looking for Bergdahl. How can anyone link to something that never was recorded to have happened? You know this which is why you are trying to shift the onus away from the people who fabricated the story. The burden is on the people making the claims to show some record from that time period and area that says people died while looking for Bergdahl.

You keep saying that, yet no links. Do you think that links are irrelevant?

Wait, I am talking to ed, aren't I?

Question: Where are all of Bergdahl's fellow platoon members that are coming out in public and supporting him? Some of his defenders on these post want to criticize a rush to judgement based on those platoon members who have been critical of him.

He's got the Obam-bots to back him up.

You keep saying that, yet no links. Do you think that links are irrelevant?

Wait, I am talking to ed, aren't I?

There is no documentation to the claims that there are deaths connected to looking for Bergdahl, the lack of documentation when leaked logs exist is the proof that the claims never happened. The claim has been debunked by the fact that there is no log to support the death claims. Again, how can anyone link to a log of something that never happened??? The fact that it never happened is why there is no log!!!!

How about letting the kid go home to his family and leaving him alone?

Sorry, but if he went AWOL, or deserted completely, he's not going to be left alone. he will have to answer, and he's not getting out of it.

Again, does the Army really want to pick at this scab at this point?

Let's be honest, they engaged in a huge cover-up here. Mostly because they didn't want the folks back home to know how bad morale was or that we had people just walking off.

But really, all Bergdahl has to say is "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" and he walks.

This thread represents the depths of hatred the right has let loose in America. Now even veterans summarily judge another veteran because a black President made a tough decision. The issue is not leave no soldier behind anymore, it's rather criticize criticize criticize. Anyone who has served knows military life can be very tough and if they had their eyes open would have seen lots that should have made them just a bit more empathetic and conscious. The American right today is simply sad and actually un-American.

'Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History'

Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History | Informed Comment

"In the 1980s radical Shiites in Lebanon took American hostages. In order to free them, the Reagan administration not only negotiated with Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini but actually stole T.O.W. anti-aircraft munitions from Pentagon warehouses and shipped them to Tehran, receiving the money for them in black bank accounts and sending it to right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Khomeini and his government were listed as terrorists by the State Department at the time, and selling weapons to Iran was highly illegal. Not only that, but the US was allied with Iraq at the time, so Reagan screwed over Baghdad this way. Reagan did it, in part to free US hostages in Lebanon (Iran put pressure on its clients for their release)."

Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Iran-Contra Affairs

This thread represents the depths of hatred the right has let loose in America. Now even veterans summarily judge another veteran because a black President made a tough decision. The issue is not leave no soldier behind anymore, it's rather criticize criticize criticize. Anyone who has served knows military life can be very tough and if they had their eyes open would have seen lots that should have made them just a bit more empathetic and conscious. The American right today is simply sad and actually un-American.

'Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History'

Dear GOP: The US has negotiated with Terrorists and Amnestied Them all through History | Informed Comment

"In the 1980s radical Shiites in Lebanon took American hostages. In order to free them, the Reagan administration not only negotiated with Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini but actually stole T.O.W. anti-aircraft munitions from Pentagon warehouses and shipped them to Tehran, receiving the money for them in black bank accounts and sending it to right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Khomeini and his government were listed as terrorists by the State Department at the time, and selling weapons to Iran was highly illegal. Not only that, but the US was allied with Iraq at the time, so Reagan screwed over Baghdad this way. Reagan did it, in part to free US hostages in Lebanon (Iran put pressure on its clients for their release)."

Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Iran-Contra Affairs

Very good post.

It's cartoonish the way that the right wing views things. Let the military justice system play out then feel free to comment. Right now, we know he's been released and we traded 5 soldiers who've been out of combat for something like 10 years for him Good deal; bad precedent.

I think any defenders that may come forward if any exist wont be shown for another week or two.

Right now the news is doing it outrage rating fest to put their neck out with a Bergdahl supporter.

Do you mean someone who supported him leaving his post or supports him? I dont think you'll find anyone in the first catagory

In 2 weeks some unknown person that wants to get an interview with msnbc in silhouette will come out, and give him his support? Okay, got it. I will wait patiently

You're right, no one could ever support this guy. I saw his mama ripping up his birth cert. What was I thinking?

I've seen 4 supporters:

Mom
Dad
One neighbor
Ex employer at the diner

Idaho Hometown has 8000 residents

This thread represents the depths of hatred the right has let loose in America. Now even veterans summarily judge another veteran because a black President made a tough decision. The issue is not leave no soldier behind anymore, it's rather criticize criticize criticize.

Seriously? "Black President?"

You're already playing the race card?

:eusa_clap:

meh.... they lied about kerry.

i think we'll wait for fact-based reality instead of wing nut toons.

Forum List

Back