Ben Carson: ‘I Do Believe in the Six-Day Creation’ of the World

I always get a laugh out of people who think believing in something religious precludes them from believing in science. It might just be me but I'm betting a nureosurgeron believes in science.
I always get a laugh out of people who think believing in something religious precludes them from believing in science. It might just be me but I'm betting a nureosurgeron believes in science.
Once upon a time religion and science was the same thing. Western culture separated them.

I knew some jackass would mention shellfish...it is not a sin, never was for Gentiles, you are quoting Mosaic Law that was done away with by the New Covenant.

Now sit down

I guess this makes you "not a true Christian"
Matthew 5:17-20Revised Standard Version (RSV)
The Law and the Prophets

17 “Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. 18 For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Obviously Jesus was referring to the Mosaic law.

You're way out of your league, cupcake and you're trying to debate something you are clueless about....I repeat, sit down

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away

Don't think so, want to talk Bible we can go to the other board.

So your a Paul person, and obviously just disregard what Jesus had to say. How convenient for you. I admire how you Evangelicals do these little tricks with picking and choosing to what ever fits the occasion you in. Its very hypocritical.

Jesus himself said there are no dietary laws....run along, you're clueless

Jesus was not referring to dietary laws, he was referring to dirt that goes in does not defile , but dirt that comes out:
And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault

Good grief, stop bothering me with you elementary copy and paste and lack of knowledge. You're clueless ..at best

Once upon a time religion and science was the same thing. Western culture separated them.

The Law and the Prophets

17 “Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. 18 For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You're way out of your league, cupcake and you're trying to debate something you are clueless about....I repeat, sit down

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away

So your a Paul person, and obviously just disregard what Jesus had to say. How convenient for you. I admire how you Evangelicals do these little tricks with picking and choosing to what ever fits the occasion you in. Its very hypocritical.

Jesus was not referring to dietary laws, he was referring to dirt that goes in does not defile , but dirt that comes out:
And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault

Good grief, stop bothering me with you elementary copy and paste and lack of knowledge. You're clueless ..at best

You just said a if someone does not take the bible literally, they are not a true Christian, well that now includes you.

You just said a if someone does not take the bible literally, they are not a true Christian, well that now includes you.

Beat it Jew hater, you're clueless.

I knew some jackass would mention shellfish...it is not a sin, never was for Gentiles, you are quoting Mosaic Law that was done away with by the New Covenant.

Now sit down

The Law and the Prophets

die·tar·y
ˈdīəˌterē/
adjective
adjective: dietary
of or relating to diets or dieting.
"dietary advice for healthy skin and hair"
  • provided by one's diet.
    "the average dietary calcium intake was 140 milligrams per day"
noun
dated
noun: dietary; plural noun: dietaries
a regulated or restricted diet.
Pinky always gets confused when words with more than one syllable are used.

Beat it Jew hater, you're clueless.
How do you always find a way to make a total fool of yourself? :laugh:

Psalm 90:4

2 Peter 3:8

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

I believe God is the creator, we just don't understand what a day is in God's time....nor do we understand in scientific terms what this all entailed....we are trying to understand it, and are making scientific progress, but we are not there yet.

science and God do not compete in my mind.

they are one and the same! :D

the story of genesis, is a short story, not a full fledged novel or science text, for goodness sake! It wasn't created as a science book....!!!

So do you eat seafood or have you even stoned anyone?

Now sit down

The Law and the Prophets

My doctor doesn't know that. I'm a diabetic and I live under dietary laws galore.

He claims to be a Christian does he not? Well there you go.

most Christians don't take the bible literally.

freaks.

Then they are not true Christians

So do you eat seafood or have you even stoned anyone?

Now sit down

The Law and the Prophets

Jesus said the law would not pass until the prophecies had been fulfilled. Those verses from Matthew you quoted were said before all of them had been fulfilled by him.

After his death and resurrection, all the prophecies were fulfilled and the world was under a New Covenant. This is why the four gospels go to great lengths to document each and every fulfilled prophecy.

Paul explains the New Covenant in detail in his letter to the Romans. All dietary restrictions of the old covenant do not apply to Gentiles brought into Christianity. Those Christians who had been Jews were told to continue to live under the old law, but they were also told not to let their old law get in the way of Gentiles who were Christians that had never lived under the old law. He also advised the Gentiles of the vice versa.

Last edited:
Ben Carson doesn't understand the half-life of elements, the fossil record, or physics.

But he does think a magical man in the sky exists, just as humans believed 10,000 years ago. And not just any magical man in the sky, HIS VERSION of the magical man in the sky. As opposed to the thousands of other versions.

Ben Carson doesn't understand the half-life of elements, the fossil record, or physics.

But he does think a magical man in the sky exists, just as humans believed 10,000 years ago. And not just any magical man in the sky, HIS VERSION of the magical man in the sky. As opposed to the thousands of other versions.
wasn't isaac newton, in your avatar, a Christian?

You do know that Darwin was a batshit crazy agoraphobic hypochondriac agnostic right? But you believe him cuz he boiled a few thousand birds lol
Well really it's because the evidence supports most of his ideas.
Yes but there is no real evidence of creation. Only theories. Science sometimes requires as much faith as religion.

wasn't isaac newton, in your avatar, a Christian?
More than that. He was a theologian.

You do know that Darwin was a batshit crazy agoraphobic hypochondriac agnostic right? But you believe him cuz he boiled a few thousand birds lol
Yes but there is no real evidence of creation. Only theories. Science sometimes requires as much faith as religion.
Science says, "The world works like this, but I could be wrong."

You won't hear a religious person say, "There is a God, but I could be wrong."

It is foolish to mix the mystical with the material. For a religious person to debate the age of the Universe is nothing but ego.

God didn't say the Universe is 6,000 years old. A person did. And a Young Earth being proven absolutely wrong only means the person that made it up is wrong, and all the people who believed it were foolish. It has no reflection on God whatsoever.

Young Earthers are modern day Roman Inquisitors whose egos are heavily invested in an error.

Last edited:

I'm not religious but I've seen no answers to creation that satisfy me. I have to have faith in something because obviously we are here. So I'm open to a divine creator. Why not?

I do believe in evolution as well. I believe in a little bit of both.

Miracles and evolution.

I'm not religious but I've seen no answers to creation that satisfy me. I have to have faith in something because obviously we are here. So I'm open to a divine creator. Why not?

I do believe in evolution as well. I believe in a little bit of both.

Miracles and evolution.
I believe in God, but only because I had an experience which was personal to me. Up until that moment, I was a militant atheist. My conversion moment was very much like Saul/Paul's.

I also love science. I spent most of my life in the field of science, and still am an avid student of science.

I have no conflicts at all between my faith and my knowledge. There are certainly a lot of unknowns in both, which makes life all that much more interesting.

Forum List

Back