Beisbol Is Back!

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
My Detroit Tigers open tomorrow agin the Pale Hose in Chicago....hopefully nobody will get shot before the first pitch. Verlander on the mound for Detroit...don't know who's starting for Chicago just glad it's not Chris Sale who's now a Red Sox. Once again the Tigers will be power-laden with Cabrera, Victor, Upton, JD, Castellanos and Kinsler and strong defensively up the middle with rookie Jacoby Jones patrolling center-field. Verlander, Zimmerman, last year's ROY, Fulmer, and two young southpaws in Norris and Boyd make up the rotation. As always the bullpen is suspect so what's new? I bought the MLB.com "one team" package for $87.49 which means I see all their 162 games streamed for 54 cents apiece.....in high-definition with Tiger announcers.....not bad. :biggrin:

thumb.aspx

Good luck on the season. My Diamondbacks will try to climb out of their 5 year funk. Like the Tigers the lineup looks good but pitching is sketchy. They broke the bank going after Zack Greinke which I didn't think was a good idea and so far I'm right. But he's capable of winning 20 games and if he does that and someone else steps up they could contend.

• Banned
Good luck on the season. My Diamondbacks will try to climb out of their 5 year funk. Like the Tigers the lineup looks good but pitching is sketchy. They broke the bank going after Zack Greinke which I didn't think was a good idea and so far I'm right. But he's capable of winning 20 games and if he does that and someone else steps up they could contend.

Thanks...you too. I live in Phoenix and would be a Snakes fan if I had cable and got their games. Back when they had Randy Johnson and Schilling and Gonzo, their games were on Ch.3 and I followed them. Been to a few games at the old BOB when the Tigers were in town....I haven't checked to see if they play each other this year. Before Phoenix got the D-backs, I had to drive to Anaheim to see the Tigers play.

Dodgers are stronger than last year. If their five starters and two long relievers (both starters) are capable or better than 2016, they are back in the playoffs.

However, who else are better: are the Nationals, the Cubs, and the Giants.

Remember that the AL is there for the NL to wipe their feet on.

Wow! What an opening day for the D-Backs. Getting no hit for 5 innings and give up two homers to Madison Baumgarner, yes the pitcher. They come back and walk it off in the 9th 6-5!

Lifetime Baseball Fan here. However, strike of 94' hit me hard. Free agency hit me hard. Steroids (lying) hit me hard. 04' Red Sox were juiced (Manny, Papi) hit me hard.

Yet, I still get sucked back in? Not sure how......but they get me interested. Mad-Bum first pitcher EVER to homer twice on opening day.

You want to know one thing wrong with baseball........see below. I don't know. Why does it bother me? Should I care that Apple CEO makes 100s' of millions? sigh. envy of the rich? There are only so many work hours in a year. The CEO don't work as many hours as the regular Product Engineer. I know I know, none of my business.
Kershaw, the Dodgers’ ace and three-time National League Cy Young Award winner, will earn $33 million this season, the highest salary of any player in the major leagues.

The Padres, in a season that might best be described as “extreme tanking,” have committed to pay $28 million to the 25 players on Monday’s active roster.

Last edited:
Yes salaries in American entertainment and pro sports are insane. But ultimately we love to watch people do something really well, whether it is singing or hitting a baseball.

Hard to know where Twins will end up. If Sano matures into big time slugger of the 40HR variety that would help a lot. They seem to have lost the knack of developing talent. They recognize and acquire it but cant bring it online. One of the best short bits on a local sports talk show is Former Twin of the Day which showcases players we had, gave away, who are now killing it

Knew this fella, kind of a pain int he ass guy, who got a job reading sports at a local radio station. Several of us telephoned him about 10 minutes prior to his first 'cast. Each said only "Exabation Biesbol" several times then hung up.

Then he tried, he really tried, to get through a live report on exhibition baseball.

Worked just as well with "prickley shits" to a guy who regularly read, live a commercial for a store with a big sale on "percale sheets".

Spooner is alive and well!

Or at least he was back then.......

Tigers whip Chris Sale, take 3 outta 4 from the BoSox....looks like our pitching is pretty good and everybody knows the Motor City Kitties can score runs by the bushel.....a magical year to celebrate the life of Mike Ilitch? :disbelief:

Tigers take 2 outta 3 from the Tribe....anybody going to play in Cleveland should watch for a scoreboard SPY tipping off Indians hitters. They seemed to know everything Verlander was going to throw yesterday. Today was a different story...even if they knew what was coming from Matt Boyd, they couldn't get good wood on it. On to Tampa.

Forum List

Back