Leyland QUITS, who is next?

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Even the old Pirate couldn't handle Prince Fielder's bizarre play and even more bizarre comments after the Tigers were eliminated. So Detroit has a team that certainly has enough talent to win a Ring next year. They have pitching, a butt-load of power hitters, a vacuum cleaner young shortstop, and a decent, if not overpowering bullpen.

So who should the Tigers hire to take them to the promised land? The window is closing with Victor, Scherzer, and Torii Hunter gone after next year and Cabrera the year after that. The owner, Mike Ilitch, is 84 and there is no guarantee his family will continue his spending on the Tiger roster if he croaks.

My pick is Dusty Baker although he's known to blow out pitching arms..ie Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. I'm old school and remember when starting pitchers would throw 130 pitches a game....Jack Morris had more complete games in a season then Justin Verlander has had in his career.

Who should be the next Tigers manager? :eusa_eh:

yeha just heard about that at work this morning.That then officially makes Clint Hurdle the best current manager in baseball now.

It wont hurt much who the new managar is.Baseball and football you really dont need a good coach to be a good team.Basketball its totally different though,that sport its imperative cause you have so many mind games in it.I mean come on,does anybody here actually believe Joe Torre was a great manager? :D any of us could have been the manager of tha yanks back then and it would not have mattered.they stil would have won 4 world series with all that talent they had back then. with baseball and football,you just got to them motivated,football its the assistant coordinaters that have all the hard work,the head coach just has to motivate them all.

Last edited:
Dusty Baker is a good choice, hell Mattingly might not be back with the Dodgers.

He could be a candidate.

• Banned
Dusty Baker is a good choice, hell Mattingly might not be back with the Dodgers.

He could be a candidate.

Open warfare between Yankee Don and the Dodgers GM....yesterday they fired his bench coach. Tigers may not like his dingbat moves during the playoffs against the Cards....he hurt himself there. The buzz in Detroit is McClendon......WT?. :confused:

• Banned

He could be a candidate.

They can have Baker.

Dusty is a winner....stand-up guy....Reds fired him for telling them if they fired one of his coaches they could fire him, so they did. I can't recall Detroit ever having a black manager so Dusty would interest the blacks in Detroit and not offend an overwhelming white fan base. 2014 is the year of decision....if they don't win it all, they may well tear this team down and rework the lineup. My problem with Dusty is he doesn't know the American League and that could cost ballgames early on. Maybe McClendon wouldn't be so bad...as long as he stays away from the Detroit hitters....too many slumps he couldn't solve over the years.

He could be a candidate.

They can have Baker.

Dusty is a winner....stand-up guy....Reds fired him for telling them if they fired one of his coaches they could fire him, so they did. I can't recall Detroit ever having a black manager so Dusty would interest the blacks in Detroit and not offend an overwhelming white fan base. 2014 is the year of decision....if they don't win it all, they may well tear this team down and rework the lineup. My problem with Dusty is he doesn't know the American League and that could cost ballgames early on. Maybe McClendon wouldn't be so bad...as long as he stays away from the Detroit hitters....too many slumps he couldn't solve over the years.

He was 2-7 in the playoffs for Cincinnati.

• Banned
They can have Baker.

He got them there didn't he?

He got them there didn't he?

Marge Schott spoiled us Reds fans. Too bad godd@#$ed racist/anti-semitic witch hunters used her unsophisticated nature to destroy her and steal control of the Reds. There is a special place in hell for those bastards.

Forum List

Back