Detroit Tigers 2019

this may be the worst Detroit Tiger team in my lifetime...maybe worse than the 2003 team that lost 119 games

which makes me a happy camper of course.:2up:

this may be the worst Detroit Tiger team in my lifetime...maybe worse than the 2003 team that lost 119 games

which makes me a happy camper of course.:2up:

Fuck off. You're not a Tiger fan so your opinion means nothing to me. Yeah, the Tigers are tanking...on purpose to add several more pieces coming to the show in the future. The pitching at Erie will arrive in 2021 and that's also when the hideous Zimmerman contract comes off the books and the Tigers have some payroll flexibility. Miggy's pride will take over after the season and he'll get his bad knee fixed. With the first pick in each round of next summer's amateur draft, they'll be flush with hitting prospects. No worries....plenty of teams will just miss the playoffs this year and the kids they traded off to get there are gone for nothing. Detroit, as miserable as the last 3 seasons have been, have brighter days ahead.

Rained out double-header in Chicago tonight....figures... the Tigers were leading 4-2 in the middle of the 4th inning...15 minutes before the game became official. They are easily the worst team in MLB with the Orioles coming in a close second. But NOW the payoff begins. First pick in the amateur draft..(hello Spencer Torkelson!) and each of the next rounds. They also have first pick of the Rule 5 young players not quite good enough to make other teams' 40 man roster. AND they have first shot at the waiver wire....pretty much the same as Rule 5 but more seasoned veterans. Attendance at Comerica was a dismal 1.5M, HALF of what they drew during the pennant chasing years ending in 2016. Mike Ilitch wanted a ring so bad he spent $200M a season dragging in All Stars with Dombrowski looting the minor league teams of talent by trading them away and drafting too late to snag the young talent they'd need. Dandy Dave is gone, now fired by the BoSox for the same tactics, and the Tigers will field a young team in the Houston model, and keep the payroll around $100-$120M...what a mid-market team like Detroit can afford. They already have the pitching at AA Erie so look for the rounds after Torkelson (the next Mike Trout?) to be hitter-heavy until maybe the 5th when they look for even more pitching. Mike's kid Chris can't let the fans endure another year like this one so with the farm restocked, I look for the Tigers to spend a little more for solid mid-level veterans who can no longer attract long, expensive multiple year contracts. This year there are 4 teams who've won a hundred games and 4 who've lost 100...first time ever I believe. To tank or not to tank....that is the question. Three years of it are about all an old-school Tiger fan like me can handle. At least make them watchable next year is all I'm asking. :doubt:

Forum List

Back