Being Against Abortion Funding is being FOR Women getting Breast Cancer?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Yep... That's what I was Hearing on Bill Press this Morning as he and some Liberal Activist were making that Case...

Now, I Admittedly do NOT Know the Details of Proposed Cuts to Unplanned Parenthood, but I would Suggest this...

Defund the Abortion Service Portion of the Organization via Taxpayers Funds.

It can be done, and it can be Documented.

If you want to Kill your Unborn Baby, YOU Pay for it.

As for Breast Cancer Screenings, Paps etc., etc....

Please, to paint those who are Against Abortion as wanting Women to not get their Cancer Caught Early as to Save their Lives...

Well, it's as Dishonest as Liberals get.

And even if Unplanned Parenthood had ALL Taxpayer Funds cut, Medicaid and Medicare and other State and Federal Programs provide for the NEEDED Services...

Selfish Irresponsibility and the want to Murder over it, shouldn't be the Taxpayer's Burden.

Carry on. :thup:

:)

peace...

So instead of, in the Budget, defunding the Abortions only (not that I'm opining they exist), The Ryan bill defunded Planned Parenthood in totality. Why?

Yep... That's what I was Hearing on Bill Press this Morning as he and some Liberal Activist were making that Case...

Now, I Admittedly do NOT Know the Details of Proposed Cuts to Unplanned Parenthood, but I would Suggest this...

Please, to paint those who are Against Abortion as wanting Women to not get their Cancer Caught Early as to Save their Lives...

And even if Unplanned Parenthood had ALL Taxpayer Funds cut, Medicaid and Medicare and other State and Federal Programs provide for the NEEDED Services...

Selfish Irresponsibility and the want to Murder over it, shouldn't be the Taxpayer's Burden.

peace...

This is the same fringe nonsense the Dems have been peddling for years.. take your pick - choosing between dog food and medicine, children dying in the streets, blacks being shoved to the curbs...

Nobody but insane whackaloons are buying it. It's actually kinda funny.

So instead of, in the Budget, defunding the Abortions only (not that I'm opining they exist), The Ryan bill defunded Planned Parenthood in totality. Why?

Do you know anything of Margaret Sanger?

It's because they want to defund the entire Title X program.

For over 40 years, the government’s Title X initiative has supported family planning programs that provide contraceptive, health, and family services to over 5 million low-income women and men each year. Title X “makes no funds available for abortion” but provides grants to a network of organizations that play “a critical role in ensuring access to confidential, voluntary family planning services and information to all who want and need them.” Of the millions of women served by these clinics, 28 percent receive care at Planned Parenthood.

Recognizing the “important work” such clinics like Planned Parenthood perform “in our inner cities,” Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) pushed back against criticism of the House GOP’s plan to gut the program in a recent radio interview, saying he himself has “never advocated reducing funding for Title X”:

“I’ve never advocated reducing funding for Title X,” Pence said during a recent radio interview with the chairman of a county Right to Life organization in his home state.

“Title X clinics do important work in our inner cities,” Pence said. “They provide health services for women and children that might not otherwise have access to them.”

As a prominent and influential House Republican, Pence and his defense of Title X may be able to win over the program’s most voracious opponent: Mike Pence. Not only did he vote to “eliminate the entire Title X program” in February, he is the chief sponsor of the Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act — a bill that would ban those clinics that “do important work” from receiving any federal funds because they may provide abortions.

ThinkProgress » Mike Pence, Chief Sponsor Of Bill To Defund Title X, Says ‘I’ve Never Advocated Reducing Funding For Title X’

Family Planning

The Title X Family Planning program ["Population Research and Voluntary Family Planning Programs" (Public Law 91-572)], was enacted in 1970 as Title X of the Public Health Service Act. Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services. The Title X program is designed to provide access to contraceptive services, supplies and information to all who want and need them. By law, priority is given to persons from low-income families.

The Title X Family Planning program is administered within the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office of Population Affairs (OPA) by the Office of Family Planning (OFP). In fiscal year 2010, Congress appropriated approximately $317 million for family planning activities supported under Title X. At least 90 percent of the appropriation is used for clinical family planning services as described in the statute and regulations (45 CFR Part 59).

In calendar year 2008, 88 Title X grantees provided family planning services to approximately five million women and men through a network of more than 4,500 community-based clinics that include State and local health departments, tribal organizations, hospitals, university health centers, independent clinics, community health centers, faith-based organizations, and other public and private nonprofit agencies. In approximately 75% of U.S. counties, there is at least one clinic that receives Title X funds and provides services as required under the Title X statute.

Over the past 40 years, Title X family planning clinics have played a critical role in ensuring access to a broad range of family planning and related preventive health services for millions of low-income or uninsured individuals and others. In addition to contraceptive services and related counseling, Title X-supported clinics provide a number of related preventive health services such as: patient education and counseling; breast and pelvic examinations; breast and cervical cancer screening according to nationally recognized standards of care; sexually transmitted disease (STD) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) prevention education, counseling, testing and referral; and pregnancy diagnosis and counseling. By law, Title X funds may not be used in programs where abortion is a method of family planning.

The Title X program also supports three key functions, authorized under the Title X statute aimed at improving the quality of family planning services and assisting clinics with responding to client needs. These functions include: (1) training for family planning clinic personnel through ten regional general training programs and three national training programs that focus on clinical training, enhancing quality family planning services for males, and/or coordination of training activities on the national level; (2) data collection and family planning research aimed at improving the delivery of family planning services; and, (3) information dissemination and community based education and outreach activities. These functions help to ensure that family planning services are evidence-based and of high quality.

The Title X family planning program is intended to assist individuals in determining the number and spacing of their children. This promotes positive birth outcomes and healthy families. The education, counseling, and medical services available in Title X-funded clinic settings assist couples in achieving these goals.

Family Planning

Why is the government involved in family planning? Am I supposed to assume that women are so helpless that they need governmental assistance in family planning?

I mean, I'm just a dumb guy, but I knew not to have children until I was able to support them.

peace...

I suppose being a callous conservative and a dunderhead explain your need to post hateful 'hyperbole' and divisive dribble so often. Do you suppose you would be so kind as to explain the bills offered by the Republicans during the halcion days when they controlled both houses of congress and the White House to prevent unwanted pregnancy's?

"Just say NO" didn't work on the drug problem and abstinence education only was and remains a bad joke. Too many 'babies'' are 'murdered' because Republican leaders care more about being in power than actually governing.

Laugh if you want for teaching age appropriate kids the proper use of a condom in preventing pregnancy and the spread of disease; not knowing kills, even fools and some Republicans know this to be true. Sadly fundamentalist christians haven't yet figured it out.

Last edited:

peace...

I suppose being a callous conservative and a dunderhead explain your need to post hateful 'hyperbole' and divisive dribble so often. Do you suppose you would be so kind as to explain the bills offered by the Republicans during the halcion days when they controlled both houses of congress and the White House to prevent unwanted pregnancy's?

"Just say NO" didn't work on the drug problem and abstinence education only was and remains a bad joke. Too many 'babies'' are 'murdered' because Republican leaders care more about being in power than actually governing.

Laugh if you want for teaching age appropriate kids the proper use of a condom in preventing pregnancy and the spread of disease; not knowing kills, even fools and some Republicans know this to be true. Sadly fundamentalist christians haven't yet figured it out.

Once again.. please explain why the government needs to even be involved in this? Is your argument that people are really so dumb they need this level of institutionalized hand-holding?

peace...

Once again.. please explain why the government needs to even be involved in this? Is your argument that people are really so dumb they need this level of institutionalized hand-holding?

Yes, people are that dumb. You pointed out you're simply a dumb guy, no one disputes that. Some pregnancies are the result of rape, incest and domestic abuse, not ignorance. But some are, as well as some diseases which if left undiagnosed/untreated can become epidemic in a community or a nation.

Our naton has spent trillions defending us from communism and "Islamo Fascisim" with the support of those who whine about government. Yet disease is a threat which does not discriminate and personal responsibility didn't protect those who recieved blood and contracted AIDS. Government has a purpose, even dumb guys get it. (maybe NOLA overestimated himself?)

Yes, people are that dumb. You pointed out you're simply a dumb guy, no one disputes that. Some pregnancies are the result of rape, incest and domestic abuse, not ignorance. But some are, as well as some diseases which if left undiagnosed/untreated can become epidemic in a community or a nation.

Our naton has spent trillions defending us from communism and "Islamo Fascisim" with the support of those who whine about government. Yet disease is a threat which does not discriminate and personal responsibility didn't protect those who recieved blood and contracted AIDS. Government has a purpose, even dumb guys get it. (maybe NOLA overestimated himself?)

Nola you cant argue with that.....i seen a news type show were a Health Care worker said a woman who was pregnant said she was using birth Control.....but she thought they were Suppositories.....:eusa_eh:

If it did, I would say that because of the Fact that ALL of Unplanned Parenthood's "Services" other than Abortion are Available to the "Poor" via other Taxpayer Outlets like Medicaid/care...

And it appears that Unplanned Parenthood, like Sesame Street, can Survive on their own. :thup:

peace...

The Dishonest, piece of Shit, Cockhole Whores who are running from the Bill Press Show to ShithEaD Shultz claiming that if Unplanned Parenthood doesn't get Taxpayer $$$ that Women are going to Die from Cancer, can go Fuck themselves Gently with a Chainsaw. :thup:

peace...

Forum List

Back