Being a Christian is not only about what you believe, it's about what you're willing to do about it

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Being a Christian is not only about what you believe, it's about what you're willing to do about it.

Jesus Christ is not a God who is satisfied with believers who say their prayers on Sunday, and then go about their lives the rest of the week as if nothing has changed.

Jesus Christ is a God of action, and he wants men and women of action. He wants men and women who go out in the world and not only spread the Gospel with words, but with deeds.

And Christians have always known that, so they have built hospitals to tend to the sick, built schools to educate the young, built colleges and universities to expand people's horizons in science and history and every other kind of knowledge, and built all manner of other charities to translate faith into action.

Jesus Christ wants from each of us all we have, without holding anything back, all our skill, all our talent, all our resources, all our effort, because only in giving everything we have, and everything we are, are we building the Kingdom of God.

but i don't believe the law of the land ought to mandate everyone has to by insurance from sky merchants, so i'm not willing to vote for jesus christ no matter how awesome he is.

but i don't believe the law of the land ought to mandate everyone has to by insurance from sky merchants, so i'm not willing to vote for jesus christ no matter how awesome he is.
I was not talking about the law of this land was I? I was talking about what it means to be a Christian.

I certainly think all efforts by Christians in centuries past to impose their faith on people using the power of the state were badly misguided. Jesus Christ never taught Christians to spread their faith in that way.

What Christ said was that we should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto God what is God's.

Christians are taught to be good citizens of the state, even if the authority is a pagan Emperor, but that in our personal religious beliefs, we are accountable to God.

christians don't consider catholics real christians

Other than YOU who has said that? You ought to aim for the the truth about yourself then to tell a lie about what others think.

I was not talking about the law of this land was I? I was talking about what it means to be a Christian.

I certainly think all efforts by Christians in centuries past to impose their faith on people using the power of the state were badly misguided. Jesus Christ never taught Christians to spread their faith in that way.

What Christ said was that we should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto God what is God's.

Christians are taught to be good citizens of the state, even if the authority is a pagan Emperor, but that in our personal religious beliefs, we are accountable to God.

So you think a Christian is supposed to follow Jesus' teachings in all facets of his life?

Other than YOU who has said that? You ought to aim for the the truth about yourself then to tell a lie about what others think.
You're not aware of all the "feel good" denominations that branched off of Catholicism b/c their faith was weak and they wanted to believe in whatever they felt like?

guno, I put up with your nonsense this long because I was mildly entertained. But now I realize you are a moral reprobate, and you will never reform. You have a very sick soul, but I am not a doctor, so I do not know how to cure you. It does me no good to put with your constant viciousness, so I am putting you on "ignore." I hope some day you find your way out of the darkness you are wandering in, but if you do find your way out, I will not be here to greet you, because I've had enough. Goodbye.

So you think a Christian is supposed to follow Jesus' teachings in all facets of his life?
It sounds like you are setting a trap for me.

How could a simple question like that be a trap? Are you not sure about the answer?

How could a simple question like that be a trap? Are you not sure about the answer?
I've read the Gospels, so I know how questions can be traps, and what's more, you also know this also, so don't play dumb.

I've read the Gospels, so I know how questions can be traps, and what's more, you also know this also, so don't play dumb.

So you don't know the answer?

Being a Christian is not only about what you believe, it's about what you're willing to do about it.

Jesus Christ is not a God who is satisfied with believers who say their prayers on Sunday, and then go about their lives the rest of the week as if nothing has changed.

Jesus Christ is a God of action, and he wants men and women of action. He wants men and women who go out in the world and not only spread the Gospel with words, but with deeds.

And Christians have always known that, so they have built hospitals to tend to the sick, built schools to educate the young, built colleges and universities to expand people's horizons in science and history and every other kind of knowledge, and built all manner of other charities to translate faith into action.

Jesus Christ wants from each of us all we have, without holding anything back, all our skill, all our talent, all our resources, all our effort, because only in giving everything we have, and everything we are, are we building the Kingdom of God.
So any Christian not following your advice is going to hell?

Forum List

Back