Before anyone else says anything more about assault weapons

Which shows that the tiny parts differences in the two are hard to even notice, BUT, one must be careful because you can interchange the parts and they'll work in each other.

Can't put (or at least drop in) a M16 full auto sear in an AR15.

It is the small part that makes it an M16 and determines its legal standing.

You physically/technically can't, or just legally can't?

Physically can't.

At least not drop it in.

And they're the same fucking gun. A legal or illegal AK47 is still an AK47. Do you know the difference?

Legal in terms of the NFA ? One has a full auto sear, disconnect and the requisite pin geometry.

Legal as in how many Russian for US parts. You do know that an AK in America must have no more than a certain % of Russian parts...right? Damn. Now you do, I just told you.

But Im not talking NRA country club on a Saturday night redneck talk.

In pure street talk, a legal AK and an illegal AK are the same fucking gun when its throwing 7.62 rounds at you. An AR and an M16 are the same fucking gun throwing 5.56 at you.

You know the problem with the DoD surplus M16s? They were so long, they were hard to fit in the Crown Vic mounts, and, too long for efficient building clearing. So...since the were LEO owned, and already full-auto stamped and owned by APD, we could put short barrell uppers on it. So, we bought civilian AR15 short barrell uppers, swapped them out on top of the M16 lowers, after changing the full auto to semi, and guess what??? IT WORKED!! Imagine that. An M16, with a swapped out AR trigger and upper, and the darn thing still fired.

How could that be?

Can't put (or at least drop in) a M16 full auto sear in an AR15.

It is the small part that makes it an M16 and determines its legal standing.

You physically/technically can't, or just legally can't?

Physically can't.

At least not drop it in.

Of course not. There are some minor adjustments. Just like putting a new facemask on a football helmet may take some minor adjustements. But the helmet is still the same damn thing.

Your argument is kinda like saying a Glock with night sights isn't the same as a Glock without them. Or a Mossberg shotgun with a plug isnt the same as one with it.

Well, time for bed. We'll have to just agree to disagree on this. But seeing as I've done exactly what Im saying is possible...and the Colt company teaches an armorer class on that premise...I feel good with it.

Legal as in how many Russian for US parts. You do know that an AK in America must have no more than a certain % of Russian parts...right? Damn. Now you do, I just told you.

Wrong again. 922r imported parts count dont apply to an AK47 only its semi-clones lacking the requiste full auto parts.

So...since the were LEO owned, and already full-auto stamped and owned by APD, we could put short barrell uppers on it. So, we bought civilian AR15 short barrell uppers, swapped them out on top of the M16 lowers, after changing the full auto to semi, and guess what??? IT WORKED!! Imagine that. An M16, with a swapped out AR trigger and upper, and the darn thing still fired.

How could that be?

The registered (Form 5 I think) lower recievers were and always will be full auto
M16 or F/CAR variants. You can put any upper on it.

Glad to see you apply the same lofty thought to the man as the gun.

Bravo.

I don't. A gun is amoral, the person who fired the gun is immoral as is the NRA.

Yes I know it is the NRA's fault. Bravo again. You're on a roll of higher thought.

I'm not blaming the NRA, I simply state for the record the NRA is immoral. Understand, they oppose every effort to protect innocent citizens from gun violence. The cause of the carnage at Sandy Hook was the shooter. There are many other 'causes' but the primary or proximate cause is the shooter.

Secondary causes include the first victim who did not properly secure her guns; the failure of the state of Connecticut to fund a proactive mental health system and probably dozens of others. The NRA is one of the others. The NRA does so to support the gun industry and in recent statements have made it clear the gun industry is the what they will protect over any future first graders. Of this there is no doubt. That is (sadly) only one of the too many examples of why the NRA is an Immoral organization.

Last edited:
Well, time for bed. We'll have to just agree to disagree on this. But seeing as I've done exactly what Im saying is possible...and the Colt company teaches an armorer class on that premise...I feel good with it.

There is no disagreement. You're wrong. Multiples times in this thread.

You lack fundamental understanding of MG function and law.

Ask around your HSLD orbit. Door kicker.

On top of it you're smarmy and condescending when you could learn something.

This indicative of many failed cops.

Sleep tight.

Make sure you know what the Hell you are talking about.

This is an assault rifle.

m16-rifle.jpg

However, this is not an assault rifle.

AR-15_2-111973_630x210.jpg

If you aren't able to tell the difference, then you're right about one thing. These pictures won't show the difference. Because the difference is not distinguishable from the outer cosmetic qualities of each weapon. If you think the second one should be called an assault rifle, then you have to call this an assault rifle too.

Mini14GB.jpg

Now, you see a difference between the two, right? WRONG! There is no difference in operation of either one, other than cosmetics. Here, meet the AR-15

579624_01_lower_receiver_for_ar_15_strip_640.jpg

That's it! That's an AR-15. For the most part, everything else that you see in the above pictures are cosmetic additions. An AR-15 is a SEMIautomatic firing weapon. That is distinctly different than automatic fire, and is NOT an assault weapon. While using different technology, the trigger pull of an AR-15 has the same overall affect as pulling the trigger of this.

5765.jpg

So, if you're going to babble on about banning "assault" weapons, then know what you're talking about. Because the vast majority of people who want assault weapons bans don't even know the first thing about guns in the first place. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk in the first place.

So what the fuck is the differance between a weopon that can fire 30 shots in under ten seconds, and one that fires the same amount in 2 or 3 seconds? None, in a crowded mall or a classroom. These war weapons are the prefered instrument of the crazies in these situations.

Personally, I am for labeling any weapon that is semi-automatic and can fire more than 6 times without reloading an assault weapon.

Wrong again. 922r imported parts count dont apply to an AK47 only its semi-clones lacking the requiste full auto parts.

So...since the were LEO owned, and already full-auto stamped and owned by APD, we could put short barrell uppers on it. So, we bought civilian AR15 short barrell uppers, swapped them out on top of the M16 lowers, after changing the full auto to semi, and guess what??? IT WORKED!! Imagine that. An M16, with a swapped out AR trigger and upper, and the darn thing still fired.

How could that be?

The registered (Form 5 I think) lower recievers were and always will be full auto
M16 or F/CAR variants. You can put any upper on it.

Its obvious we're looking at this from different viewpoints.

Im saying a Ford Mustand with a 4 cylinder, and a Ford Mustang with a V8 are both still Ford Mustangs. You are telling me about all the differences in the 4 cylinder vs the V8.

We can go on and on in circles, but wont agree.

Colt's armorer school is called "M16/AR15". Not "M16" and then a separate "AR15" class. There is a reason they teach both guns in the same class. Because....well, like I said, we could go on and on.

Colt's armorer school is called "M16/AR15". Not "M16" and then a separate "AR15" class. There is a reason they teach both guns in the same class. Because....well, like I said, we could go on and on.

Every part is the same except those parts and construction that make them different in function and and legality.

Understand, they oppose every effort to protect innocent citizens from gun violence.

Not really. See NCIS and Project Exile for starters.

I don't need to see anything beyond their response to Sandy Hook. Your are free to petend the NRA is something other than a special interest. It's obvious they're not.

I fnd your effort disgusting and immoral.

So what the fuck is the differance between a weopon that can fire 30 shots in under ten seconds, and one that fires the same amount in 2 or 3 seconds? None, in a crowded mall or a classroom. These war weapons are the prefered instrument of the crazies in these situations.

Not according to FBI crime data.

Understand, they oppose every effort to protect innocent citizens from gun violence.

Not really. See NCIS and Project Exile for starters.

I don't need to see anything beyond their response to Sandy Hook. Your are free to petend the NRA is something other than a special interest. It's obvious they're not.

I fnd your effort disgusting and immoral.

What was thier response to Sandy Hook ?

i really don't give a shit what you own, i care about about how you go about owning it.

Awesome then.

Lawful owner and daily CCW for over 26 years. I get what I can bear and afford.

I'm not the droid your looking for. See convicted released felons and mental whack jobs.

I'm not blaming the NRA, I simply state for the record the NRA is immoral. Understand, they oppose every effort to protect innocent citizens from gun violence.

Absolutely not true. What you can't seem to understand is YOUR LAWS MAKE THE SITUATION WORSE. We know you cannot deter criminals from obtaining that which you hope to ban. You are therefore putting law abiding citizens at a risk, unable to adequately protect themselves. The NRA supports protecting innocents by increasing the likelihood that there's a good guy nearby that can stop the bad one. More importantly, we stand against the likes of you that would appear to support the idea that 120lb woman has the right to fistfight a 250lb rapist.

I think you should seriously reassess who's immoral here.

Nutters,

You are on the wrong side of this issue. How about breaking character and not digging your heels in this time around. I know it is hard for you.......as you are all so comfortable being on the wrong side of issues. But let's do the right thing. Gun violence is not good for business.

Nutters,

You are on the wrong side of this issue. How about breaking character and not digging your heels in this time around. I know it is hard for you.......as you are all so comfortable being on the wrong side of issues. But let's do the right thing. Gun violence is not good for business.

Keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill.

i really don't give a shit what you own, i care about about how you go about owning it.

Awesome then.

Lawful owner and daily CCW for over 26 years. I get what I can bear and afford.

I'm not the droid your looking for. See convicted released felons and mental whack jobs.

true. So long as you have the proper paperwork, buy what you want. Buy a tank for all i care.

Paperwork ?

Just the 4473 if from a Federal Licensee. Dealer keeps that.

Forum List

Back