Before anyone else says anything more about assault weapons

Nutters,

You are on the wrong side of this issue. How about breaking character and not digging your heels in this time around. I know it is hard for you.......as you are all so comfortable being on the wrong side of issues. But let's do the right thing. Gun violence is not good for business.

By all means, propose a measure that would actually prevent criminals from obtaining that which you hope to ban and that would NOT end up putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed thugs or crazy motherfuckers that couldn't care less about regulations.

The floor is yours.

i'm not blaming the nra, i simply state for the record the nra is immoral. Understand, they oppose every effort to protect innocent citizens from gun violence.

absolutely not true. What you can't seem to understand is your laws make the situation worse. really, do you have 20 live first graders to proof your point? we know you cannot deter criminals from obtaining that which you hope to ban. true. But if they cannot buy a weapon like an ar 15 the carnage they do may be mitigated! you are therefore putting law abiding citizens at a risk, unable to adequately protect themselves. i will everyday put law abiding adult at risk before i will put six and seven year olds at risk as they sit in a classroom. That you won't is disgusting the nra supports protecting innocents by increasing the likelihood that there's a good guy nearby that can stop the bad one. More importantly, we stand against the likes of you that would appear to support the idea that 120lb woman has the right to fistfight a 250lb rapist. bullshit. I ran my units domestic violence unit and put 250 pound rapists in cuffs and helped put them in prison. You're a child who lives in a fantasy world.

i think you should seriously reassess who's immoral here.

i don't believe you think.

Nutters,

You are on the wrong side of this issue. How about breaking character and not digging your heels in this time around. I know it is hard for you.......as you are all so comfortable being on the wrong side of issues. But let's do the right thing. Gun violence is not good for business.

By all means, propose a measure that would actually prevent criminals from obtaining that which you hope to ban and that would NOT end up putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed thugs or crazy motherfuckers that couldn't care less about regulations.

The floor is yours.

That has been done. Get on the right side of the issue. Those of us who are on the right side will not go away.....and we won't keep repeating ourselves to the point of tedium.

The floor is yours.

- Commit a gun crime without projecting force = hard labor .....Cool Hand Luke Style.

- Commit a gun crime while projecting force and/or resulting in injury = Cool Hand Luke for life.

- Commit a gun crime resulting in death = Drip, Drip, Drip. Night. Night.

All after full due process.

Any person filling a prescription for any drug which has suicidal and/or homicidal ideation as a FDA known side effect gets a NO-GO straight into the NCIS from the pharmacy. You can come out if cleared by an impartial MRO.

Til then they can back the fuck out of my life and gun safe.

Last edited:

The floor is yours.

- Commit a gun crime without projecting force = hard labor .....Cool Hand Luke Style.

- Commit a gun crime while projecting force and/or resulting in injury = Cool Hand Luke for life.

Any person filling a prescription for any drug which has suicidal and/or homicidal ideation as a FDA known side effect gets a NO-GO straight into the NCIS from the pharmacy. You can come out if cleared by an impartial MRO.

To do all that, we'd need more prisons, more prison guards. And do you know that to enter someone into NCIC, you must be NCIC certified, and thats restricted to law enforcement. Pharmacists cant do it. Meaning, you'd have to hire or create a LE division to partner with pharmacists to do all that.

Sounds like a lot of government spending.

And the govt is broke, remember?

YOu ready to raise taxes?

The floor is yours.

The more you and others defend the gun and not first graders the greater the likelihood you will lose that 2A right as normal Americans beocme fed up with fucked up pieces of shit who kill.

If putting you in the ground saved one first grader, I'd vote for that outcome every time.

To do all that, we'd need more prisons, more prison guards. And do you know that to enter someone into NCIC, you must be NCIC certified, and thats restricted to law enforcement. Pharmacists cant do it. Meaning, you'd have to hire or create a LE division to partner with pharmacists to do all that.

Yeah a pharmacist entering information into a computer is crazy talk.

Sounds like a lot of government spending.

And the govt is broke, remember?

YOu ready to raise taxes?

Can you promise the tax money will go solely and strictly towards the prosecution and punishment of gun crimes and preventing the mentally ill from obtaining weapons ?

And in return you will back the fuck out of my law abiding life and gun safe once and for all ?

Then certainly. I can venture most lawful gun owners would.

Last edited:
i'm not blaming the nra, i simply state for the record the nra is immoral. Understand, they oppose every effort to protect innocent citizens from gun violence.

absolutely not true. What you can't seem to understand is your laws make the situation worse. really, do you have 20 live first graders to proof your point? Non sequiter. Those children died, but not because the NRA stood in the way of laws that make no damn difference. we know you cannot deter criminals from obtaining that which you hope to ban. true. But if they cannot buy a weapon like an ar 15 the carnage they do may be mitigated! That's the point...you CANNOT stop them from acquiring the AR 15 or anything else you ban. Handguns were banned in DC and Chicago, yet lead in handgun deaths. Mexico virtually banned civilian gun ownership and yet AR15s are everywhere. Christ, even Norway had a mass shooting despite all their anti gun laws. YOU DON'T HAVE SOME MAGIC FORMULA TO GET CRIMINALS TO OBEY THE LAW! you are therefore putting law abiding citizens at a risk, unable to adequately protect themselves. i will everyday put law abiding adult at risk before i will put six and seven year olds at risk as they sit in a classroom. That you won't is disgusting You don't get to do that. And it's YOU that put them at risk with your gun free zones. How're those workin' out for ya?the nra supports protecting innocents by increasing the likelihood that there's a good guy nearby that can stop the bad one. More importantly, we stand against the likes of you that would appear to support the idea that 120lb woman has the right to fistfight a 250lb rapist. bullshit. I ran my units domestic violence unit and put 250 pound rapists in cuffs and helped put them in prison. You're a child who lives in a fantasy world. Right, cuz when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

The problem is you think your laws will make a damn bit of difference despite all previous attempts failing to do so. You are a living example of the definition of insanity.

Nutters,

The floor is yours.

That has been done. Get on the right side of the issue. Those of us who are on the right side will not go away.....and we won't keep repeating ourselves to the point of tedium.

Why that's a brilliant plan.

:cuckoo:

absolutely not true. What you can't seem to understand is your laws make the situation worse. really, do you have 20 live first graders to proof your point? Non sequiter. Those children died, but not because the NRA stood in the way of laws that make no damn difference. we know you cannot deter criminals from obtaining that which you hope to ban. true. But if they cannot buy a weapon like an ar 15 the carnage they do may be mitigated! That's the point...you CANNOT stop them from acquiring the AR 15 or anything else you ban. Handguns were banned in DC and Chicago, yet lead in handgun deaths. Mexico virtually banned civilian gun ownership and yet AR15s are everywhere. Christ, even Norway had a mass shooting despite all their anti gun laws. YOU DON'T HAVE SOME MAGIC FORMULA TO GET CRIMINALS TO OBEY THE LAW! you are therefore putting law abiding citizens at a risk, unable to adequately protect themselves. i will everyday put law abiding adult at risk before i will put six and seven year olds at risk as they sit in a classroom. That you won't is disgusting You don't get to do that. And it's YOU that put them at risk with your gun free zones. How're those workin' out for ya?the nra supports protecting innocents by increasing the likelihood that there's a good guy nearby that can stop the bad one. More importantly, we stand against the likes of you that would appear to support the idea that 120lb woman has the right to fistfight a 250lb rapist. bullshit. I ran my units domestic violence unit and put 250 pound rapists in cuffs and helped put them in prison. You're a child who lives in a fantasy world. Right, cuz when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

The problem is you think your laws will make a damn bit of difference despite all previous attempts failing to do so. You are a living example of the definition of insanity.

This: :eusa_eh:

Attachments

• $idea.jpg
    $idea.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 42
I am going to have to start bookmarking these things. Video is 11 seconds long by the way. He starts at 1 and done by 6.

AR15 30 round hipfire - YouTube

Hmmm, that is a very unusual occurrence. I suspect that he has modified the working parts on his weapon outside of spec. Either that, or maybe he has an abnormally rapid finger. In either event, you've done a good job of providing an extraordinary example, but fallacy of accident still applies.

Ok then. Explain. Im waiting. Because I KNOW FOR SURE, 100% sure, I can take the upper half of an M16 assault rifle, slap it on the lower half of an AR15, mix up the mags and ammo for both and pick a random mag and random 30 rounds, and it'll work like a charm and fire just fine. And vice versa with AR15 upper/M16 lower. I know because I've done it. Lots of people have.

So, what exactly is the difference?

I think what you're not understanding is the fact that it is the lower that defines an AR-15, and the lower that defines the M-16. The rest of the rifle is irrelevant. You take that M-16lower, put any stock and any upper on it, and it's an M-16. You take that AR-15 lower, put on whatever stock and upper, and you have an AR-15. The design of the lower is what makes the weapon semi automatic, or capable of automatic fire. So you're right, you can mix and match all those other parts interchangably. But the components that make the firearm an AR-15 are in the reciever, and THOSE parts cannot be changed out with the parts of an M-16 reciever.

An AR15 is a shorter, semi-auto version of the full-auto M16. Basically an M16 for civilians...but with a different name.

And for a bonus 10 points....who can tell us what the "AR" in AR-15 stands for????

Considering that Armalite is the original manufacturer of the AR-15, and they also make the AR-24 pictured below, I will go out on a limb and say Armalite.

Medium%20Images%5CRifles%5C2415MEDIUM350.jpg

Want to try and argue that that is an assault rifle?

Last edited:
An AR15 is a shorter, semi-auto version of the full-auto M16. Basically an M16 for civilians...but with a different name.

And for a bonus 10 points....who can tell us what the "AR" in AR-15 stands for????

It stands for Assault Rifle of course, However in it's civilian single fire version it does not meet the legal Definition of an Assault Rifle because the law requires it not be full auto Capable.

That is what we call an urban legend. It is a bit like the more realistic jackelope of western fame, but still nothing more than a tale to fool city slickers.

...things that can ( and do ) kill people...

Holly shit! There's a "thing" out there killing people? We must stop it! Silly me, I always assumed it was people killing other people. Now I learn there are rogue inanimate objects out there reeking havoc?!

Gosh, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll all be on the look out...

:cuckoo:

To be fair, volcanoes have been known to kill people.

The weird part is that these guys think that a tool works like a volcano and spontaneously starts doing what it is supposed to do without any human interaction, yet they think human interaction can prevent this spontaneous stuff from happening.

It stands for Assault Rifle of course, However in it's civilian single fire version it does not meet the legal Definition of an Assault Rifle because the law requires it not be full auto Capable.

This entire thread is nothing but an argument about semantics. You may call the gun used to kill 20 first graders anything you like and the result remains the same.

You really need to climb off the graves of those children, it is pathetic and demeaning to yourself and your alleged position. If you cannot come up with an argument that does not throw dead children around you really shouldn't involve yourself in intelligent conversation.

Nutters,

Look, I really don't understand what you're getting at in this gun control discussion. You keep making "oh pity, woe is us" statements. You want something to be done about gun violence, I get that. But you're not saying much of anything, otherwise.

As if defining an assault rifle as an automatic fire weapon will make us all feel better about the fact that Yidnar, Matthew, Warbler, LGS, Big Derp and Li'l Derp can get their fuck-all crazy hands on a machine that can shoot 30 bullets in 15 seconds.

And what machine is that? Like I said, please know what you're talking about. An AR-15 has no such rate of fire.

I am going to have to start bookmarking these things. Video is 11 seconds long by the way. He starts at 1 and done by 6.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAv_hWWgfPk"]AR15 30 round hipfire - YouTube[/ame]

Kinda slow.

This guy is almost is using single action weapons that require cocking before they can fire, does not start with a weapon in his hand, and has to change weapons every six shots, he still gets off 24 aimed shots at multiple targets in the time it takes the guy with that magazine you are afraid of to empty it wildly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuiy3-hFpys]Single Action Speed Shooting - Spencer Hoglund - Stage World Record (Sweeps) - YouTube[/ame]

1) You couldn't be more wrong.

2) Armalite Rifle.

Hmm. Thats funny.

Because when I worked at APD, we had "patrol rifles", which were from the Deptartment of Defense surplus program, and they were M16's with full auto (APD disabled the full auto and made them semi only) that were Vietnam era issue.

AND, I own a personal AR15. Rock River to be exact. 16".

And I could take my Rock River, undo the top and bottom half, and do the same with the M16, and switch the top half of the M16 and AR15, and guess what? Both guns still fired.

They are the exact same fucking thing, with various lengths, barrels, stocks, etc.

I can take every part out of that M16, and AR15, and they are interchangable. They use the same damn ammo (5.56 or .223, although its recommended not to shoot 5.56 through a designated .223 chamber just because the pressure is a bit more). They use the same damn magazines.

You are the one who is wrong here. I can make any M16 semiauto. And any AR15 full auto.

Read up before you spew nonsense.

Should we explain that the M in M-16 stands for Model, not Military?

Forum List

Back