#BeckyWithTheBadGrades - Blames Affirmative Action

153868727.jpg

On Thursday the Supreme Court upheld the University of Texas’ affirmative action policies and shot down claims by Abigail Fisher that the policy was unconstitutional. Although Fisher claimed that she was denied entry to the University of Texas because she was white; obviously her spot had been taken by some student of color who was less qualified than she was. :2up:

However, during the case, it was revealed that Fisher had lower grades than all but 47 students who were admitted to UT that year. Of the students who were admitted to Texas with grades lower than Fisher’s, 42 of the 47 were white. :badgrin: Instead of Kanye-shrugging her shoulders and resigning herself to another school, she decided to sue.

As a legacy student whose parents had attended the school, she felt she should have been afforded the opportunity of hopscotching past the more qualified candidates because … well … white privilege.

I agree that there was no case here but you don't understand what "legacy student" means. There is no white privilege anywhere here. Quite the opposite.

Legacy student policies do tend to favor whites disproportionately. That's pretty obvious.

No, it isn't obvious when you factor in the population numbers.

The population numbers? What?! The University of Texas was once segregated. So legacy enrollment will naturally be disproportionately white. That's like 5th Grade arithmetic we're dealing with :rolleyes:

You don't really understand how any of that works do you? UT was integrated 40 years ago. Right there is possibly two legacy generations for blacks in that time. The Legacy Program won't be disproportionately white, it will be proportionally white unless there actually is some racism going on there, but that isn't what the article was saying any way.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand what you are arguing.

153868727.jpg

On Thursday the Supreme Court upheld the University of Texas’ affirmative action policies and shot down claims by Abigail Fisher that the policy was unconstitutional. Although Fisher claimed that she was denied entry to the University of Texas because she was white; obviously her spot had been taken by some student of color who was less qualified than she was. :2up:

However, during the case, it was revealed that Fisher had lower grades than all but 47 students who were admitted to UT that year. Of the students who were admitted to Texas with grades lower than Fisher’s, 42 of the 47 were white. :badgrin: Instead of Kanye-shrugging her shoulders and resigning herself to another school, she decided to sue.

As a legacy student whose parents had attended the school, she felt she should have been afforded the opportunity of hopscotching past the more qualified candidates because … well … white privilege.

I agree that there was no case here but you don't understand what "legacy student" means. There is no white privilege anywhere here. Quite the opposite.
"Legacy" is affirmative action.

153868727.jpg

Legacy student policies do tend to favor whites disproportionately. That's pretty obvious.
Link

and with a comparrison to the general population numbers.

60 Minutes did a special on the Texas plan; White kids with 4.0 gpas can't get in but minorities with 3.0 do get in.

so while she probably should not have gotten in, many are left out b/c they are white.
Black privilege. Anti-white RACIST discrimination. This racist SCOTUS should be ashamed of itself.
Please tell us why you think this whiny girl should have gotten in over 168 minorities with higher scores than her who were rejected. Please tell us why of the 47 people who were accepted wih worse scores than hers, 42 of them being white makes the school racist.
so no wondering why minorities with much lower scores than other white kids do get in.

I'm not surprised

60 Minutes did a special on the Texas plan; White kids with 4.0 gpas can't get in but minorities with 3.0 do get in.

so while she probably should not have gotten in, many are left out b/c they are white.
Black privilege. Anti-white RACIST discrimination. This racist SCOTUS should be ashamed of itself.
Please tell us why you think this whiny girl should have gotten in over 168 minorities with higher scores than her who were rejected. Please tell us why of the 47 people who were accepted wih worse scores than hers, 42 of them being white makes the school racist.
so no wondering why minorities with much lower scores than other white kids do get in.

I'm not surprised
That did not happen in this case. Not even close.

The U of TEx
153868727.jpg

It's more complex than that. The U of T polices do indeed discriminate; getting 4.0's in a crappy public school in no way compares to even a 2.5-3.0 in a private school or even the better public schools. So, yeah, they are indeed making race and income a factor, they go about it more sneakily.

And, rather than do what it takes to bring the crappy schools up to speed, the faux 'left' would rather keep them stupid and inadequate and just avoid all the work, and just rely on social promotion and crying about 'raycism n stuff'. It's much easier, and any dumbass can do that. Black and latino pols love it, their parents love it, everybody's happy, because as long as it some white or Asian being screwed it's fine with them.
The show showed a group of white kids competing with every test, doing the math after each test to see their rankings then showed a mexican girl that bragged about how little she had to study, had no idea what her ranking was.

considering that it was uber leftist 60 Mins, you know the problem is much worse.

I'm not surprised
In this case, as I was clear about that, but you ignore the obvious racism twards hard working white kids getting passed over

I'm not surprised
In this case, as I was clear about that, but you ignore the obvious racism twards hard working white kids getting passed over
No I don't. Maybe you should make a thread about it.

I'm not surprised
So it's ok with you for a company, that gets tax money, to commit the crime of discrimination, but it's not ok for a private company to deny service.

blatant hypocrassy and proud of it.

you are whats wrong with the country

I'm not surprised

It's deliberately set up that way, via self-segregated schools and 'top ten percent' students getting a free walk into UT, despite a miserably inadequate education and grossly inflated grades.

I'm not surprised
So it's ok with you for a company, that gets tax money, to commit the crime of discrimination, but it's not ok for a private company to deny service.

AA was created to protect against discrimination. If you want to argue its time is over then go ahead. But don't presume to speak for me asshole.

I'm not surprised

AA was created to protect against discrimination. If you want to argue its time is over then go ahead. But don't presume to speak for me asshole.
I'm not speaking for you, I'm calling a racist bag of hypocritical shit what it is.

don't like it? stop being one and demand equal treatment under the law.

but that won't happen, there's no hoping leftist will stop hating.

I'm not speaking for you, I'm calling a racist bag of hypocritical shit what it is.

don't like it? stop being one and demand equal treatment under the law.

but that won't happen, there's no hoping leftist will stop hating.
So you choose a thread about a butthurt little girl who didn't earn anything instead of making your own thread

153868727.jpg

Link

George W. Bush would never have gotten into college without being a legacy.

I'm not surprised

What in the wide world of fuck are you talking about? This girl wasn't discriminated against. Do you need a tissue?

Affirmative action is unconstitutional. It rewards skin color. I wonder what of Martin Luther King Jr. would have thought of affirmative action ? I don't need to post a quote everyone should know what I'm talking about and he was 100% correct.
Martin Luther King Jr. explicitly supported what's now called affirmative action: Jarvis DeBerry
Did not know that so I guess he was a hypocrite in that area.

. AA was not about quotas, it was about equal opportunity, equal education, and equal rights. Racial quotas were explicitly rejected by most real liberals. So, they're just being clever with semantics . Supporting AA is not the same thing as supporting racial quotas; that's a media fiction.

Those serious about studying the Civil Rights era and its legislation need to get a copy of Hugh Davis Graham's The Civil Rights Era; it goes into great detail on where and how the implementations of AA and other legislation failed and what it was morphed into by special interest groups on both the Right and the 'Left'.

Last edited:
Myths of Martin Luther King - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

King was no hero, and not even particularly honest. The Establishment picked him out to be the 'Great Black Leader', out of fear of some real black leadership arising, because he was malleable to the needs and wants of wealthy white elites in the northeast, unlike Malcolm X and similar leadership, who supported policies that would genuinely elevate blacks via real education and self-respect, and warring against the thug culture and drug gangs.

Last edited:
153868727.jpg

"Legacy" is affirmative action.

How do you figure that?

153868727.jpg

Link

George W. Bush would never have gotten into college without being a legacy.

Quite possibly true.

153868727.jpg

Not white Privilege, her parents were alumni right? its about that.

Forum List

Back