Beck says to abolish public schools.

I don't think we should abolish the concept of public schools, that's extreme. But let's be real here, these days, public schools in the United States are nothing more than a day care center for adolescents: a place to go during the day. I went to probably the most financially and academically questionable private school in my entire city. My high school was honestly a complete joke, by other private school standards. Yet I can only think of one public school in the area (suburbs and inner city) potentially better than my private high school.

So...Let me understand this. The righties want to do away with public education. Grand idea! Limit knowledge to those with means! As for the rest of the great unwashed, let them matriculate at home where Mom is the ideal font of knowledge!

That way we can produce generations of children who fear and loathe science the same way the righties do! Because, after all, the kitchen can serve as chemistry and biology laboratory and the Holy Bible can serve as the universal textbook! Didn't those ancient philosophers have everything right? From the complexities of the universe to the origin of the species, we can certainly afford to put the brakes on any further curiosity. The Bible tells me so.

So...Let me understand this. The righties want to do away with public education. Grand idea! Limit knowledge to those with means! As for the rest of the great unwashed, let them matriculate at home where Mom is the ideal font of knowledge!

That way we can produce generations of children who fear and loathe science the same way the righties do! Because, after all, the kitchen can serve as chemistry and biology laboratory and the Holy Bible can serve as the universal textbook! Didn't those ancient philosophers have everything right? From the complexities of the universe to the origin of the species, we can certainly afford to put the brakes on any further curiosity. The Bible tells me so.

Your sarcasm rests on the premise that you actually learn something in public schools.

Your sarcasm rests on the premise that you actually learn something in public schools.
Not only public schools, but....wait for it....a state university as well!

Not only public schools, but....wait for it....a state university as well!

Those two aren't even comparable. We have the worst primary and secondary schools in the west but the best universities. Why? Because of tuition, or, applied to primary and secondary students, vouchers. At the end of the day universities compete for tuition dollars because they aren't fully funded which gives incentives.

I'm not saying that we should abolish public schools, I'm saying that the status quo places us last in the industrialized world and throwing money at it does absolutely nothing.

Seems to be a bunch of sheep in here who only think this is a good idea because Beck said it. I don't remember all of you posting how we should abolish public schools until Glen Beck said it.

"I don't know what to think, so I'll wait for Glenn Beck to tell me"

your the shit, please don't leave their are way more rightwing tools here than limosine liberals to crush

Seems to be a bunch of sheep in here who only think this is a good idea because Beck said it. I don't remember all of you posting how we should abolish public schools until Glen Beck said it.

Nobody can control what Beck thinks or says.

I don't think these guys can either: Alliance for Separation of School and State Home

I don't think these guys can either: Alliance for Separation of School and State Home

I never said anyone controls what Beck thinks, I did say he controls what the sheep on this site think and feel is important.

Nice strawman.

Target, K-Mart and Wal-Mart seem to service their customers with halfway decent products at affordable prices every day...The same model would work just fine for education.

Nice strawbigfoot! :rofl:

I never said anyone controls what Beck thinks, I did say he controls what the sheep on this site think and feel is important.
The people who seem to find it most important to comment on what Beck says are those who hate him the most.

Witness this and every other thread on this and other board where his name comes up.

wow losers love bashing education in place for thier failure. We have the best colleges in the world. Oh wait the crybabies probably don't know that.

don't think any educated person would say that isn't so. That itself as a reason to eliminate public education is moronic.

Yes, are most libtards not economic duffasses.
I prob agree with libertarians on more things than not.
On this one, How does you get what you pay for not apply. Private hs are better, but not every family can afford to send thier kids to one.

Well, your opinion in this area flies straight in the face of economic common sense.

You're talking more like the librul ignoramus that you otherwise rightly deride, than anyone who has a firm grasp on the economic principles involved.

Go figure.

fuck you dude, only a complet moron wants to get rid of public education because private is better. Do you seriously say this shit in public. I mean to some no slacker like yourself.

Forum List

Back