Beck says to abolish public schools.

It's not like you're leaving impoverished kids in the dust. Like I said, thanks to taxes, each child between 5-18 would be allocated a sum of money that "follows" him or her. Schools, either public or private DO NOT get money unless THEY can make their programs attractive enough to compete for these kids and this money.

1. Aren't kids in public schools being left in the dust (impoverished or not)?
2. Why do parents have to meet some government bureaucrats requirement to get a chunk of their own money back to pay for their own child's education?

1. Um not they aren't. How did you derive that? All I said is that instead of schools getting money automatically no matter what, that public schools will get their money based on the kids they can attract to their school. Each child is allocated some sum of money and then based off of that, it pays for them to go to school.

2. There is no bureaucratic requirements and they don't get their money back. It really has nothing to do with the parents, it has to do with how schools are funded. Parents wouldn't see any money. I think it would be really efficient if it was done at a state level or lower. Instead of saying, "I live in xyz school district so I have to go here" the state says "we are not funding schools based on their vague needs and budget, we're funding them based on how many students want to go to that school." So if your school sucks, no one will want to go there and because no one goes there, you don't get funding that comes with each student and because you're stupid, you're "pushed out" because you cannot compete.

Last edited:
The teachers union would never bite. You are asking a bunch of them to lose their job security, benefits and wages if they can't do their job. They don't want to be treated like private sector employees, they like the government force they have now...

The teachers union would never bite. You are asking a bunch of them to lose their job security, benefits and wages if they can't do their job. They don't want to be treated like private sector employees, they like the government force they have now...

That honestly sucks for the teachers' union. I never said these ideas wouldn't take balls, but unions would have to adapt. They don't pass the laws that control the funding of the schools. Their hands would be tied under this funding system and they'd be forced to adapt.

Ol' Tex doesn't really care whether it was one time, or two hundred. The point is that it is a good handle for his hatred of education, and all those who have worked to obtain one. Especially those of the wrong color.
Wanting to get gubmint out of running schools ≠ "hatred of education", schmuck.

Yeah it does. Because to them education isn't actually learning the truth. It's learning the propaganda.

Can't imagine what makes the suggestion drive the lefties over the edge.

It's not like gubmint schools have improved since the creation of the Department of Edumacation.

I guess failure really is an option for some.

Seems what was in the curriculum at high school 100 years ago is pushed beyond graduate school now .
Its pathetic.

No kidding. I see the stuff they learned back them and im like why the heck didnt i learn any of that stuff in school? Like the classics. I dont know enough Greek and Roman stuff. Fascinating stuff too.

To everyone who agree's with Beck, we SHOULD CLOSE DOWN PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Really?

Most certainly. Many of them should be shut down. We dont help our children by sending them to places that don't teach them anything.

So why do it? Especially when there are alternatives. Private schools. Home schooling. Etc. We can create better education options for people.

Throwing money at a system that is failing us and our children will only destroy our future and make us broke.

I wonder how this country got the way it is today, and then I read certain comments in these threads like these and I no longer wonder.

notice zona has totally wussed out on providing the full text of glenn beck's comment as he said he would do

:eusa_liar:

That's because he was saying something completely different. He was saying that we need to actually educate people instead of pretending we are.

I agreeef with Beck. Get the Feds out of our schools. Let the local municipalities run their schools with the parents.

Washington is indoctrinating our kids. They teach them that queers are normal and that the earth is being destroyed by global warming. How many parents do you think agree with that shit?

do you think they should instead teach them to hate and ridicule "queers" to the point of suicide like churches teach?

oh shut up blu. Can you provide a list of churches that do that and prove examples of it?
Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

Glenn Beck is just uh, well, he works for Fox.

The King of Conspiracy is attempting to peddle the piddle that school kids are indoctrinated 24/7 by Washington in the form of the far-reaching liberal media, and by extension what they are taught in school.

Video Ed Show: Glenn Beck says the U.S. should Abolish public schools - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy
As opposed to Texas, where they're indoctrinated by right wingers.

I was unaware that learning about what really happened in the world around them is indoctrination by right wingers.

I mean how dare we actually inform people.

I wonder how this country got the way it is today, and then I read certain comments in these threads like these and I no longer wonder.

No offense, but when read comments like yours and see what our educational system has done to young bright minds, we have no choice but to lament the sad state of education in our country.

The best scam is 90% of college degrees (other 10% includes engineering, accounting, medical). Most leave school with $50,000 debt and absolutely no real world skills or knowledge.

Glenn Beck is just uh, well, he works for Fox.

The King of Conspiracy is attempting to peddle the piddle that school kids are indoctrinated 24/7 by Washington in the form of the far-reaching liberal media, and by extension what they are taught in school.

Video Ed Show: Glenn Beck says the U.S. should Abolish public schools - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy

I was unaware that learning about what really happened in the world around them is indoctrination by right wingers.

inform that all founders were Christians and that evolution isn't proven like texas wants to do? sounds like a great way to quickly bring the christian created dark ages and lose another 1000 years of scientific and artistic advancement

inform that all founders were Christians and that evolution isn't proven like texas wants to do? sounds like a great way to quickly bring the christian created dark ages and lose another 1000 years of scientific and artistic advancement

The Founders were Christian. Don't like it? Tough. You can't do anything about it. It's a fact.

And Evolution isn't proven. It's a theory. What the heck is wrong with informing people that there are more than one theory and letting them decide for themselves what to accept and reject? Heaven forbid people think for themselves.

No offense, but when read comments like yours and see what our educational system has done to young bright minds, we have no choice but to lament the sad state of education in our country.

Huh uh. Why? Because I don't worship a talking head like Glenn Beck? Yeah, no thanks. The guy is there for nothing but ratings and to garner a audience. Goodness knows if half the stuff he said was true, this country would of been destroyed by now.

Seriously, abolishing the public school system? Is he truly that stupid? I think he isn't, but he certainly plays such a role for his audience who are.

do you think they should instead teach them to hate and ridicule "queers" to the point of suicide like churches teach?

oh shut up blu. Can you provide a list of churches that do that and prove examples of it?
Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

That's it? ONE extremist whacko church?

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it...
Westboro Baptist Church
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Changes must be reviewed before being displayed on this page.(+)
This is the latest accepted revision, accepted on 24 June 2010.
Jump to: navigation, search
Fred Phelps, founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, at his pulpit in 2002

The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an Independent Baptist church and hate group[1] known for its hatred of homosexuals[2] and its protest activities, which include picketing funerals and desecrating the American flag.[3] It is headed by Fred Phelps and consists mostly of members of his large family.[4] Located in Topeka, Kansas, United States, its first public service was held on the afternoon of Sunday, November 27, 1955.[5]

The WBC is not affiliated with any known Baptist conventions or associations. The church describes itself as following Primitive Baptist and Calvinist principles, though mainstream Primitive Baptists reject the WBC and Phelps.[6]

There's more that affirms that WBC is not a legitimate church...but rather a cult of crazed followers whose hatred is looked down on by the entire religious community.

So, you'll have to either retract or do better. Besides, you said "CHURCHES". Plural. Got any more with some credibility?

Last edited:

The Founders were Christian. Don't like it? Tough. You can't do anything about it. It's a fact.

And Evolution isn't proven. It's a theory. What the heck is wrong with informing people that there are more than one theory and letting them decide for themselves what to accept and reject? Heaven forbid people think for themselves.

really? all of them? and all of them accepted everything in the bible? and not one of them rewrote the entire new testament to take all the miracles na other bullshit out?

and what other theory would you propose?

Forum List

Back