Be Sure To Get Your Flu Shot?

I'm sick!!!!!! Feel really bad with a temp of 100.5 and a sore throat. So much for having mega dosage of Vitamin D in preventing me from getting sick. Flu shot? Fuck no.
um, i thought it was Vitamin C that was supposed to do that?
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsletter/vitamin-d-and-h1n1-swine-flu.shtmlhttp://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsletter/h1n1-flu-and-vitamin-d.shtml

was at a wedding and a doctor told me this but I was already on 50000 units of D by doctor's orders, and my last pill is next week before I go back for my follow up.
As long as your doc has ok'd it. I get nervous when I see people taking massive doses of fat-soluble vits.

I'm sick!!!!!! Feel really bad with a temp of 100.5 and a sore throat. So much for having mega dosage of Vitamin D in preventing me from getting sick. Flu shot? Fuck no.

They won't give you a flu shot while you're sick anyway.

You're not in the population that's at particular risk. Drink chicken soup.

Vitamin D Newsletter May 2009 | H1N1 Flu and Vitamin D

was at a wedding and a doctor told me this but I was already on 50000 units of D by doctor's orders, and my last pill is next week before I go back for my follow up.
As long as your doc has ok'd it. I get nervous when I see people taking massive doses of fat-soluble vits.
Yeah my doc said when she called that my test said I was really low at a 4. Whatever that means so she started me on mega dose of D. I have no idea why I was so low because well, I was in Fla for two weeks, I go in our boat every weekend and do a lot of yard work each week. I'm in the SUN a lot!

no chicken for me...I'm drinking water and eating only crackers for the first 48 hours. Give my body a chance to fight this off. I am not sure it is h1n1 but I'm not going to get tested because they won't test it. Cost too much for them to test if it is. I'll just be lumped into the national data of how many cases if I go see the doc.

no chicken for me...I'm drinking water and eating only crackers for the first 48 hours. Give my body a chance to fight this off. I am not sure it is h1n1 but I'm not going to get tested because they won't test it. Cost too much for them to test if it is. I'll just be lumped into the national data of how many cases if I go see the doc.
If it is the flu, it's no doubt H1N1. That's really the only one going about now.

If it is the flu, it's no doubt H1N1. That's really the only one going about now.
no telling what it is but someone was at that wedding that shouldn't have been!

The only purpose to test adults who aren't in risk groups is to keep data. Otherwise, it's just another flu. It doesn't get treated any differently, unless you become ill enough to go to the hospital. At THAT time they may test for it, or not, and the treatment is still the same as for regular flu gone bad.

the fever is what I cannot handle! My normal body temp is always low so a low grade fever to me is actually higher.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsletter/vitamin-d-and-h1n1-swine-flu.shtmlhttp://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsletter/h1n1-flu-and-vitamin-d.shtml

exactly

My headache isn't bad which is strange because with my thyroid sometimes I get wicked ones. Maybe that mega D is helping me after all.

My headache isn't bad which is strange because with my thyroid sometimes I get wicked ones. Maybe that mega D is helping me after all.
if your D is low, of course it will help
but i dont think D has any protective nature on sickness

I had a headache for about 24 hours. It wasn't a terrible one.

It wasn't until a couple of days later I felt like I was dying. It had nothing to do with headache, which was gone. It was a hideous sore throat and the worst overall body aches I've ever had.

I had a headache for about 24 hours. It wasn't a terrible one.

It wasn't until a couple of days later I felt like I was dying. It had nothing to do with headache, which was gone. It was a hideous sore throat and the worst overall body aches I've ever had.
The fever and yes the sore throat is just as bad. Wish there was a way to keep my throat wet 24/7

if your D is low, of course it will help
but i dont think D has any protective nature on sickness
I don't know studies are being done they think a lack of D could be the cause of many things. Of course more study is needed in this area. I'm baffled as to why mine was so low when I'm an outdoors person. Heck on our boat my hub will be under the canopy and me, in the full sun. He would say put sun screen on and I say NOPE. WTF...I dont' get it

YOu can be low on other things which cause you to not metabolize vitamin D. Or is that if you're low on vit d you can't metabolize calcium?

I don't sweat the vitamins much.

YOu can be low on other things which cause you to not metabolize vitamin D. Or is that if you're low on vit d you can't metabolize calcium?

I don't sweat the vitamins much.
I have no idea but will ask the doctor if I remember. Not having V-D in you makes you feel like you've been hit by a mac truck!

They started putting it into milk because kids weren't metabolizing the calcium of the milk they were drinking, and rickets were prevalent. At least that's my recollection.

yeah but you have to drink 40 glasses of Milk a day to get your so called daily dose. Back in the old days kids drank nothing but milk. They put a tiny bit in bread too. Most green veggies has Natural D in it but if you cook it...that D is gone.

I am sure she will do some more labs on my follow up. This time I'm going to get a copy of those labs so I can see what is going on.

Forum List

Back