you will be told how to live

Fatality

SunCrackedSoul
Jul 15, 2009
By more than doubling the maximum rewards and penalties that companies can apply to employees who flunk medical evaluations, the bills could put workers under intense financial pressure to lose weight, stop smoking or even lower their cholesterol.

i know liberals love government telling them how to live, but for those of you who dont need the governmnet holding your hand and making your boo boos feel good this should get your attention

Overweight? Smoker? Health bills hit hard - Washington Post- msnbc.com

Don't you know the politicians only care about us and want us to be healthy. They are the parents and we are the children... that's just the way it is. You must have not gone to public school talking like that. ;)

Let's see, they want to allow insurance companies to artificially jack op their rates 50% because somebody is fat or smokes.
Once those rates go up, it will force people onto the "government option".
Then the government will with hold medical treatment because they are fat or smoke.
The government will restrict them from getting needed medical attention and use whatever means it can to do so.
Think it can't happen? Read this, Plumber with shattered arm left horrifically bent out of shape has operation 'cancelled four times' | Mail Online from government run health care. That's right, he's a smoker.
The same sort of thing will happen here as soon as the government gets its paws on your health care.

Last edited:
yeah did you check to see if he can handle going under? If you are smoker your chances of going into cardiac arrest during an operation are much greater. It has nothing to do with being on government health care in most cases.

Let's see, they want to allow insurance companies to artificially jack of their rates 50% because somebody is fat or smokes.
Then the government will with hold medical treatment because they are fat or smoke.
The government will restrict them from getting needed medical attention and use whatever means it can to do so.
Think it can't happen? Read this, Plumber with shattered arm left horrifically bent out of shape has operation 'cancelled four times' | Mail Online from government run health care. That's right, he's a smoker.
The same sort of thing will happen here as soon as the government gets its paws on your health care.

Deadly Accurate. Thing is for the Statists? It's a POWER GRAB over their subjects...

They're too stupid to know what they want so govenment will take care of it...

What we have here are Leeches...Parasites that are too ignorant to shop around in the Free market system...they complain to the LOOTERS [Government], by Law, by FIAT Dictate to the Producers of Society, and STEAL that which the producers have.

Back In the 1990's we stopped The Hidebeast and the Power Grab that happened then...

WOMB TO THE TOMB <EIB PARODY

Last edited:
Let's see, they want to allow insurance companies to artificially jack of their rates 50% because somebody is fat or smokes.

exactly..congratulations you figured out the secret plan..of those that control are lives and seek to control it even more

My son is on state medical, never been denied care and it doesn't take an md to know the risks smoking causes. When I went in for a c section they had to take extra precautions because I had been a smoker before getting pregnant.

I called my son's doctor's office because I was concerned about him having a fever again, and guess what I got to talk directly to my doctor and wasn't put on hold for an hour. WOW!

"His third operation in February was postponed after he was found to have high blood pressure, while the fourth, scheduled for May, was abandoned because of concerns about his smoking."

Read more: Plumber with shattered arm left horrifically bent out of shape has operation 'cancelled four times' | Mail Online

Wow the operation was cancelled twice because of health rated conditions caused by smoking and because the doctors were worried about his smoking.

That's the excuse, and they are sticking to it.

My son is on state medical, never been denied care and it doesn't take an md to know the risks smoking causes. When I went in for a c section they had to take extra precautions because I had been a smoker before getting pregnant.

Big surprise that since you get free medical care for your son that you want more of it. And by "free", I mean you aren't paying for it, somebody else is.

"His third operation in February was postponed after he was found to have high blood pressure, while the fourth, scheduled for May, was abandoned because of concerns about his smoking."

Read more: Plumber with shattered arm left horrifically bent out of shape has operation 'cancelled four times' | Mail Online

Wow the operation was cancelled twice because of health rated conditions caused by smoking and because the doctors were worried about his smoking.

That's the excuse, and they are sticking to it.
It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me. My dad still smokes and he has been through three majorly technical surgeries in the last ten years.

There are several issues here and each must be considered to reform a system to the best advantage of everybody.

While I don't defend all the policies and practices of some insurance companies, it is no more reasonable to require health insurance companies to volunteer to insure people that are almost certain to cost them a lot of money than it is to require work comp carriers or general liability carriers or auto insurers or homeowner insurers to insure risks that are almost certain to create large losses.

But there are ways for states to form mutual companies who can take the higher risks at higher rates. There are ways for states and governments to form catastophic risk pools as they do with earthquake and flood insurance.

There are many ways to address and constructively reform the system without the government taking it over in a one-size-fits-all program or forcing people to participate in a government mandated system which is an unacceptable intrustion on individual liberties.

Big surprise that since you get free medical care for your son that you want more of it. And by "free", I mean you aren't paying for it, somebody else is.
I have worked and paid taxes for years, I have paid for other people to recieve medical but I guess since I can't cover him right now I should be shit out of luck.

There are several issues here and each must be considered to reform a system to the best advantage of everybody.

While I don't defend all the policies and practices of some insurance companies, it is no more reasonable to require health insurance companies to volunteer to insure people that are almost certain to cost them a lot of money than it is to require work comp carriers or general liability carriers or auto insurers or homeowner insurers to insure risks that are almost certain to create large losses.

But there are ways for states to form mutual companies who can take the higher risks at higher rates. There are ways for states and governments to form catastophic risk pools as they do with earthquake and flood insurance.

There are many ways to address and constructively reform the system without the government taking it over in a one-size-fits-all program or forcing people to participate in a government mandated system which is an unacceptable intrustion on individual liberties.

Why not include Auto Insurance in this mix too? Belive me? They will be targeted too...

Forum List

Back