Be Careful Everyone

Speaking of being careful.
We're helping our youngest son move this weekend.......he's transferring to Joplin Missouri, of all places, and 10 k for moving expenses, which may not be bad for assistant manager at a home/building supply company, but ..... it is Joplin, where only about 10 years ago the United States costliest tornado ever which killed 158 people happened. And they had 2 or 3 major tornadoes before that going back to 1971.

I would've talked them up to at least 30k.

I do believe there might possibly be a scammer here. If he (or she) starts asking for donations for Ukraine to his (or her) PayPal I wouldn't do it if I were you. I don't trust these people. Although I wish them luck if it's genuine, it's sickening if they're now using the war in Ukraine as sympathy just so they can get rich.
They're probably BLM members or supporters. Lol...

Thanks for the warning.

I saw that post and reported it as spam. Member's first post was asking for money.

I don't even reply to those types of posts, I report them as spam as soon as I notice them.

If people didn't report spam then messageboards like this one would be nothing but spam.
Software set up to catch spammers......doesn't always get everyone.

Oh and the reason that I posted this as a topic is you would be surprised how many people fall for scams out there so I just wanted to warn you.
Were you solicited for donations for Ukraine? I noticed you mentioned this twice (here and another thread)

Last edited:
Speaking of being careful.
We're helping our youngest son move this weekend.......he's transferring to Joplin Missouri, of all places, and 10 k for moving expenses, which may not be bad for assistant manager at a home/building supply company, but ..... it is Joplin, where only about 10 years ago the United States costliest tornado ever which killed 158 people happened. And they had 2 or 3 major tornadoes before that going back to 1971.

I would've talked them up to at least 30k.

Yep...
He's gonna need a little extra coin to build a storm shelter if the house doesnt already have one.
I know damn good and well I'd have one.

Yes, that's the whole entire point of this thread and I think the other one you're talking about was in the introductions forum.
They didn't ask for money in that introductions thread. I assume they're direct messaging some?

Actually, they might possibly be banned now. It's still good to keep in mind for the future though that there are people like this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back