Be an Atheist.

My statement is self explanatory.
It isn't, because you didn't define your terms. I just showed you two different definitions, and could no doubt find more.

You're really having a hard time with this , aren't you? Strange...someone of such strong belief and confidence should have an easier time.

So, what is "natural law", that God wrote into everyone's heart? And no, I am not asking for a re-statement of the term, "natural law". I am asking for its meaning and some delineation. For instance, how will I know if a "law" makes the "natural law" list?

My statement is self explanatory.
It isn't, because you didn't define your terms. I just showed you two different definitions, and could no doubt find more.

You're really having a hard time with this , aren't you? Strange...someone of such strong belief and confidence should have an easier time.

So, what is "natural law", that God wrote into everyone's heart? And no, I am not asking for a re-statement of the term, "natural law". I am asking for its meaning and some delineation. For instance, how will I know if a "law" makes the "natural law" list?
Believe whatever you wish. Don’t look any further.

So, it means whatever anyone wants it to mean, then.

Which, of course, to any rational person, makes it meaningless.

Surprise, ding said something meaningless. The list of all the people in the world shocked by this:

If that’s how you want to interpret what I wrote. Your call.
Well ding, since you are really, really terrible at explaining yourself and of making any clear statements, you're going to get that. Really, that's your fault.

Hey everyone! God wrote natural law into everyone's hearts! Ding said so!

What is natural law? Ding has no fucking idea whatsoever! But it sounded neat!

When I see what terrible crimes atheists have done historically, it makes me realize I'd prefer to be a Christian, even if atheists are right and Christians are wrong, I'd rather be wrong than be an atheist.
There have always been atheists in my family, from the day I was born. Grandfather, uncles, husband, in-laws--every single one of them are very fine people. When we think of what people (either believers or atheists) we see that the fall into a completely different category--that of Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

Every so often one of my family members will seek me out to talk with when they are feeling down or going through tough times. There are simply times they wish they could believe...and a person who believes is about as close as they can get. God works through us, but we humans are both the strongest, yet (being human) still a very weak form of transmission.

Anyway, cheer up. The world is blessed by truly good atheists. Just watch those in power, whether they be believers or non-believers.

When I see what terrible crimes atheists have done historically, it makes me realize I'd prefer to be a Christian, even if atheists are right and Christians are wrong, I'd rather be wrong than be an atheist.

don't worry, no rather for you is needed.

which century do you claim christianity was not at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent ...

images

the atheist simply practiced what christianity has taught their congregations from the very beginning.

If that’s how you want to interpret what I wrote. Your call.
Well ding, since you are really, really terrible at explaining yourself and of making any clear statements, you're going to get that. Really, that's your fault.

Hey everyone! God wrote natural law into everyone's hearts! Ding said so!

What is natural law? Ding has no fucking idea whatsoever! But it sounded neat!
If that's how you wish to see it, be my guest.

Yes, that's three times you have given me your permission to see the things I want. But, clearly, I was asking you to explain how you see things.

And really, ding, you poor sucker, I only asked to demonstrate that you're full of shit, because I knew you would never answer. You are nothing, if not reliable...

Yes, that's three times you have given me your permission to see the things I want. But, clearly, I was asking you to explain how you see things.

And really, ding, you poor sucker, I only asked to demonstrate that you're full of shit, because I knew you would never answer. You are nothing, if not reliable...
See it how you need to see it.

Yes, you already said that. 5 times.

I am asking how you see it, and to explain what you mean. But it is clear that what you said was nothing but flowery garbage that you thought sounded nice.

Anyway, cheer up. The world is blessed by truly good atheists. Just watch those in power, whether they be believers or non-believers.

You miss the points and there are many.
Yes not all atheists are the same, but then again, neither are people of faith. Unfortunately when atheists rant and rave against the faithful, I NEVER see an atheist rise up against his fellow atheists' hatefulness, arrogance, lies and slander. NEVER. Where is their "goodness" in such cases?

The history of atheism is horrific and inexcusable, and atheists try to dance around it and attribute it to something else. Reprehensible and ignorant. That's the whole of atheism.

Proof There Is No God

You miss the points and there are many.
Yes not all atheists are the same, but then again, neither are people of faith. Unfortunately when atheists rant and rave against the faithful, I NEVER see an atheist rise up against his fellow atheists' hatefulness, arrogance, lies and slander. NEVER. Where is their "goodness" in such cases?

The history of atheism is horrific and inexcusable, and atheists try to dance around it and attribute it to something else. Reprehensible and ignorant. That's the whole of atheism.

Proof There Is No God

Why is it that religious extremists use their beliefs to promote their fears, superstitions and hatreds?

Are you talking about atheists on discussion boards? First, they are a very small population. Second, people of faith seem well equipped to handle (or ignore) the rudeness of others (be they believers or non-believers) in discussion forums. If you haven't noticed good discussions involving atheists or atheists who present courteous and thoughtful discussions, then I am guessing you may frequent such discussions much less often than I.

If you haven't noticed good discussions involving atheists or atheists who present courteous and thoughtful discussions, then I am guessing you may frequent such discussions much less often than I.

Please show me one "courteous and thoughtful discussion." I have never seen such a thing.
You are welcome to present their best, most thoughtful and courteous argument.

Please show me one "courteous and thoughtful discussion." I have never seen such a thing.
You are welcome to present their best, most thoughtful and courteous argument.
I have been on these boards for over five years. If you think I am going to take the time go back and hunt through all the discussions to satisfy your request, you have another think coming. Take my word--or not--as you please. I am sure some of the 'other kind' of atheists here would be very pleased at one believer calling another a liar. ;)

I am sure some of the 'other kind' of atheists here would be very pleased at one believer calling another a liar. ;)

"Liar" is your word, not mine. I did NOT call you a "liar."
I said I have never seen what you described in defense of atheists.
I suggested that you present atheism's most convincing, most "courteous" argument and that was far too much for you to do.

If you're so smart about atheists and their conduct and tactics, show some proof, don't simply bow out after preaching on their behalf without producing a shred of evidence. After all, they're always claiming "rationality" and "science" and "evidence." It's hollow.

Already have. You pretended it wasn't there then, too.

So you got nothing. That was expected.
Your unwillingness to acknowledge it does not mean it doesn't exist.

If you are unwilling to state what you are talking about, I can't read your mind.
Okay. Forget it.

As I said. You got nothing.
If that makes you feel better, sure.

Yes, you already said that. 5 times.

I am asking how you see it, and to explain what you mean. But it is clear that what you said was nothing but flowery garbage that you thought sounded nice.
Its funny the way you pretend you want him to explain something as if you'd consider what he said for even a second before you dismissed it.

Forum List

Back