BCS is BS -- GARBAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
GET A FREAKING PLAYOFF - 16 TEAMS WOULD BE IDEAL - but I could tolorate an 8 -team playoff.

GET IT RIGHT FOR CHRISSAKES.

LIKE IN EVERY OTHER SPORT AT ANY LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Domer. NDs National Championships were slam-dunks by any format -BCS -the old bowl systems -whatever.

1966 - slam-dunk. 1973 - slam dunk. 1977-slam-dunk. 1988- slam dunk.

Could argue for 1964, 1970, 1989 and ESP 1993!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A playoff system would still require the current BCS rankings to come up with enough teams to put together a tournament bracket. So, either way, it will be political.

THE SEC OWNS the BCS.

WHATEVER SEC TEAM wins their title game -will be one of the 2 Champ game finalists.

Gross dishonesty.....................

They COULDN NOT STAND a MICHIGAN STATE - OREGON title game.

OBTW - ALABAMA WAS A COMPLETELY MEDIOCRE TEAM IN 2009 - so was their HEISMAN winner -who was a totatly ordinary running back

I'd get rid of the BCS, keep the bowls and just ad 1 more game. Make 2 of the bowls semis, and add a new real national championship game. Determine the Top 4 teams using the coaches and AP polls (which I know are problematic).

It's not a perfect solution, but there are very rarely more than 4 teams that should be in national championship talk (seriously, if both polls don't concede you are top 4 you probably have a crap schedule) , it would keep the bowls (which I have no issues with), and it would NOT create a long drawn out playoff system.

I think this is realistic and would be good. Other people's thoughts?

No matter what system is created, people will still bitch and moan because their team or conference got screwed, or some other team received preferential treatment. So pick teams at random, have a poll of people in a mental institution, draw names out of a hat, or have mascots fight to the death. It doesn't really matter to me.

The bowl system/BCS is so entrenched it is impossible to get rid off. Goes back to the 1920s or before

(Like - 16 teams in the playoff selection - the 17th will be left out)

Happens in the March Maddness Big- Dance in basketball. The 65th team may have won the whole thing.

That's kind of what I don't like about the college basketball tournament to be honest. It shouldn't come down to what team goes on a hot run and avoids injuries just over that period.

The thing I love about college football is that every regular season game matters. In basketball it really doesn't matter. I'd rather see the basketball tournament go to 32 teams.

Bcs works perfect. SEC dominates regular season would suck with a tournament over 4 teams.

Who was bamas QB - McEnroes or somethining in 2009?

And their Heisman RB - completely ordinary...................dont recal name

Lousy team..................

Boise will get screwed by the BCS....just like every other year

first things first, pradon me but- FUCK the NCAA, do away wiht them.

start over... ....they are a money machine set up to half exploit athletes and half to line the pockets of their chosen....

You wan't to see a slam-dunk NC.

Try ND of 1977. PunkedTexas 38-10.

QB was Joe Montana......

best qb who has ever playedtheposition

Boise will get screwed by the BCS....just like every other year

No, the BCS treates Boise State exactly as Boise State deserves to be treated. They are lucky to get a BCS bid at all, but to think they are worthy of playing in the National Championship...give me a fucking break.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
#3 Joe Montana from Monagahekia , PA - on ND radio broadcasts

Last edited:
When was the last time a BCS title game (LOL) didn't have an SEC team in it? (if ever) since the con-game replaced the old bowl system.

The last BCS title game: Colt MCoy of Texas gets injured on the first series, his replacement Gilbert (who is getting better this season - give him his due) seems totally lost - and Alabama builds a lead in the first half - which Texas makes sort of a semi-comeback on. But the winner was never really in doubt.

THAT IS YOUR IDEA TO DECIDE A NATIONAL CHAMPION????

NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back