Barry-Care Invades Your BEDROOM...

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Remember doctor-patient confidentiality? Bye bye.

‘Are you sexually active? If so, with one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?”

Be ready to answer those questions and more the next time you go to the doctor, whether it’s the dermatologist or the cardiologist and no matter if the questions are unrelated to why you’re seeking medical help. And you can thank the Obama health law.

“This is nasty business,” says New York cardiologist Dr. Adam Budzikowski. He called the sex questions “insensitive, stupid and very intrusive.” He couldn’t think of an occasion when a cardiologist would need such information — but he knows he’ll be pushed to ask for it.

The president’s “reforms” aim to turn doctors into government agents, pressuring them financially to ask questions they consider inappropriate and unnecessary, and to violate their Hippocratic Oath to keep patients’ records confidential.

Embarrassing though it may be, you confide things to a doctor you wouldn’t tell anyone else. But this is entirely different.

Doctors and hospitals who don’t comply with the federal government’s electronic-health-records requirements forgo incentive payments now; starting in 2015, they’ll face financial penalties from Medicare and Medicaid. The Department of Health and Human Services has already paid out over $12.7 billion for these incentives.

Dr. Richard Amerling, a nephrologist and associate professor at Albert Einstein Medical College, explains that your medical record should be “a story created by you and your doctor solely for your treatment and benefit.” But the new requirements are turning it “into an interrogation, and the data will not be confidential.”

Lack of confidentiality is what concerned the New York Civil Liberties Union in a 2012 report. Electronic medical records have enormous benefits, but with one click of a mouse, every piece of information in a patient’s record, including the social history, is transmitted, disclosing too much.

The social-history questions also include whether you’ve ever used drugs, including IV drugs. As the NYCLU cautioned, revealing a patient’s past drug problem, even if it was a decade ago, risks stigma.

obama-scary.jpg

On the other end of the political spectrum is the Goldwater Institute, a free-market think tank. It argues that by requiring everyone to have health insurance and then imposing penalties on insurers, doctors and hospitals who don’t use the one-click electronic system, the law is violating Americans’ medical privacy.

The administration is ignoring these protests from privacy advocates. On Jan. 17, HHS announced patients who want to keep something out of their electronic record should pay cash. That’s impractical for most people.

There’s one question they can’t ask: Thanks to the NRA, Section 2716 of the ObamaCare law bars the federal government from compelling doctors and hospitals to ask you if you own a firearm.

But that’s the only question they can’t be told to
ask you.

Obamacare will question your sex life | New York Post

Last edited:
Oh my! A government intrusion into your personal life? Unthinkable!

Could you please direct me to the nearest family planning clinic? Or does that bit of government intrusion into one's personal life not really count?

• Banned
Oh my! A government intrusion into your personal life? Unthinkable!

Could you please direct me to the nearest family planning clinic? Or does that bit of government intrusion into one's personal life not really count?

Normal folks aren't interested in others' private medical conditions. But then the crafters of Barry-Care aren't normal are they? Their intention is to CONTROL the American citizen by either offering or withholding healthcare. Every aspect of your life will be taken into consideration; especially your political persuasion. This doesn't seem to bother you leading me to believe you ain't normal either. :eusa_eh:

Is this a joke? I haven't been on the board for several days and this is about the third thread I've seen so far on this subject. ObamaCare is going to start prying into people's sex lives??

Jesus Christ - I've been pissed off enough since my last checkup a couple months ago - and now I'm hearing about queries into our sex lives? This has to be some kind of vile rumor ... right?

Right?

Sheeples, this was posted and corrected earlier today.

Jeeeez, but you guys are gullible.

Well ... maybe I won't have a major stroke after all. I was pissed off that the doctor fed into her little computer that I needed to go on a fat-free diet. Hell, I've been on a fat-free diet for at least the last 40-45 years. I'm in damned good shape for the shape I'm in ... at my age.

Well ... maybe I won't have a major stroke after all. I was pissed off that the doctor fed into her little computer that I needed to go on a fat-free diet. Hell, I've been on a fat-free diet for at least the last 40-45 years. I'm in damned good shape for the shape I'm in ... at my age.

If it worked well for you, congrats. Generally speaking though, fat free diets are not healthy diets. I have always avoided fat free foods, and I make certain I eat plenty of healthy fats as part of a well balanced diet.

What would you think if the physician's assistant conducting your evaluation fed into her little computer that you had glaucoma, arthritis, acid reflux, emphysema, high blood pressure and diabetes and you didn't have any of these things? The only thing she missed was the fat free diet. I get calls every day from companies wanting to send me diabetes testing materials, free. A couple of them told me since the material was free, I should take it even if I didn't need it. After all, I'm not paying for these materials.

If it worked well for you, congrats. Generally speaking though, fat free diets are not healthy diets. I have always avoided fat free foods, and I make certain I eat plenty of healthy fats as part of a well balanced diet.

What would you think if the physician's assistant conducting your evaluation fed into her little computer that you had glaucoma, arthritis, acid reflux, emphysema, high blood pressure and diabetes and you didn't have any of these things? The only thing she missed was the fat free diet. I get calls every day from companies wanting to send me diabetes testing materials, free. A couple of them told me since the material was free, I should take it even if I didn't need it. After all, I'm not paying for these materials.

When I say "fat free diet" I mean I don't cook with lots of grease, lard, fatback, etc. I try to get lean mean, yes, but I basically grill or broil. My bitch (and it has been my bitch for the last couple of years) is that their damned scales are wrong. I've maintained my same weight for the last two or three years and when I go to the doctor I'm always about 18 pounds heavier than I was when I left my house ... I'm gaining about 1-1/2 pounds per minute between my house and the doctors' office!!!

I wear size 10 clothes, which may make me fat by Hollywod standards, but I don't live in Hollywood.

Barry-Care is nothing more than a brilliantly conceived and marketed plan to dictate how you will live or die by controlling your access to healthcare. Those who smirk at my OP can't refute it....they ridicule who wrote the story or where it appeared, but can't refute the facts. Take a look at who wrote this horrendous bill and you'll see their intentions...to profit personally from it, while leaving the rest of us dependent on them to survive injury or disease. They can tell you to stop riding a motorcycle or snow skiing...too dangerous to cover. They can tell you to stop eating red meat, drinking beer, or microwave popcorn....bad for your health. The NRA got the question about owning a firearm deleted but that won't stop that question from appearing in the futre and you being red-flagged for refusing to answer it. There is only one answer....SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DEBT CEILING DEBATE DOWN until Barry-Care is defunded and tossed into the dumpster along with their other attempts at castrating our Constitutional rights under the guise of "progress".

More lies about the ACA from the OP. That article is 100% bullshit.

Here is a critique for you. Read it and learn.

Doctors, not Obamacare, will ask you about your sex life | The Incidental Economist

No, the rebuttal in the link you provided is bullshit....a weak attempt to blame the doctor for asking you irrelevant questions that both violate the patient's privacy and open his medical history up to the entire federal government. If the doctor wants to get paid he'll knuckle under to the "one step" program....a wolf in sheeple clothing. We've seen enough of the "phony scandals" routine....own what your side is doing....you voting democrat doesn't make you exempt from what's going on here.

More lies about the ACA from the OP. That article is 100% bullshit.

Here is a critique for you. Read it and learn.

Doctors, not Obamacare, will ask you about your sex life | The Incidental Economist

No, the rebuttal in the link you provided is bullshit....a weak attempt to blame the doctor for asking you irrelevant questions that both violate the patient's privacy and open his medical history up to the entire federal government. If the doctor wants to get paid he'll knuckle under to the "one step" program....a wolf in sheeple clothing. We've seen enough of the "phony scandals" routine....own what your side is doing....you voting democrat doesn't make you exempt from what's going on here.

The link I provided contains accurate information. The one you provided is a pack of misinformation.

This is not a dispute. You are a gullible dupe. You have been duped.

Rinse, repeat.

Every doctor I've ever visited has asked me if I was sexually active.

It's a pretty important thing for your doctor to know.

What exactly am I supposed to be outraged about?

Forum List

Back