Barack Obama, Troll

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
He's worse than a troll. I've never seen a President act in the ugly way this one has. Intentionally goes out of his way to bring CHOAS into our lives. And that Party of his is no frikken better

SNIP:
The president’s real goal with his immigration executive order was to enrage Republicans.

Comments
Jonah Goldberg
Maybe President Obama is just trolling?

For those who don’t know, in Internet parlance, trolling is an effort to elicit outrage from a specific group or the public generally. As the always useful — but not always G-rated, or spell-checked — Urban Dictionary explains, “Trolling requires deceiving [sic]; any trolling that doesn’t involve decieving [sic] someone isn’t trolling at all; it’s just stupid.” (Pro tip: When spelling “deceiving,” remember it’s “i before e except after c.”) The definition continues: “As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful [sic] troll.”

I don’t like the president’s executive action on immigration. I think it’s constitutionally dubious — for exactly the reasons Obama has insisted more than 20 times in the past. “I’m not a king. My job as the head of the executive branch ultimately is to carry out the law,” Obama told Telemundo in 2013. “When it comes to enforcement of our immigration laws, we’ve got some discretion. We can prioritize what we do. But we can’t simply ignore the law.”

If all King Obama was doing was opting not to deport some immigrants here illegally, he’d be on safer ground. But his new proposal would allow an estimated 3.5 million “undocumented Americans” to get all sorts of documents — Social Security numbers, work permits, drivers licenses, etc. That’s not prosecutorial discretion, that’s a rewrite of existing law.

Still, the fine print of what Obama is doing is far less dramatic than many of his defenders and critics claim. Some are comparing it to the Emancipation Proclamation, which is ridiculous. People who voluntarily come to America illegally are in no way comparable to poor souls kidnapped abroad and forced into eternal bondage. Moreover, the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t have a two-year time limit or require slaves to fill out paperwork and pay back taxes.

Others claim it’s no big deal and perfectly consistent with executive orders taken by Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush. This goes too far the other way. Reagan and Bush were mostly cleaning up problems with laws passed by Congress. In the other instances, they were responding to specific foreign crises.

Meanwhile, the only “crisis” Obama claims he is responding to is Congress’s “failure to act.” This is a dangerous standard. We all know there is an entitlement crisis in America. Should the next Republican president, for example, unilaterally privatize Social Security because Congress refuses to fix it?

ALL of it here:
Barack Obama Troll National Review Online

One of the comments with this article from the site:

snip:
President's Obama utter lack of principles never ceases to amaze. After clearly stating that such use of executive authority would defy our constitutional process, he just says, "Ah what the heck! Changed my mind." Constitution? Meh.
The only thing this President seems to care about is the politics of the moment. As Jonah Goldberg suggests, riling up the GOP is a political strategy. The democrats received a political butt-kicking at the polls, so clearly Mr. Obama figured he could goad the GOP into another government shut down or an impeachment effort. These actions have been unpopular in the past and might turn public opinion against the GOP. In the bargain, Obama could give the democrats a needed boost with the Latino community. All politics, no principle.
What does all this say about this man? He just threw our constitutional process overboard because the political gains of the moment demanded that he do something to help his deflated party?
Sure, other presidents have made policy reversals or broken promises. But Obama is in a completely different category when it comes to mendacity and lack of integrity. He called soaring debt under his predecessor "unpatriotic." Then he nearly doubled the national debt? "If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it," is a lie that should be engraved over the door to his presidential library.
Yet the media just lets these repeated breaks of faith with the public slide. This is why President Obama's poll numbers are so lousy, while coverage from the shamelessly partisan press continues be favorable. They don't care that the President is an unrepentant and incorrigible liar at the NYT or the networks. But a sizable chunk of the American electorate cares a great deal. Obama's promises regarding Obamacare are so egregious that he will never recover the standing he once had with the public. Never.
I don't know if Obama understands this. He maintains a delusional and inflated view of himself, and his relationship with the public. But his once high-minded sounding speeches elicit eye-rolling now. So the politics of the moment is all that's left for him - Why let the constitution or the oaths he swore to get in the way of that?

What part of the Constitution did Oblama break?
It was kinda late to help his deflated party with this move, since the elections were already over,,,derp...

14bklj6.gif

You'd think an Emperor would have "people" to tend his makeup and hairdo before appearing on TV as a shambling, verbally stumbling, early-Alzheimer's victim.

But maybe we should just be appreciative that there was a small budget saving on the omission.

Your party was warned, do something or I will. They didn't so he did. Just deal with it.
Yep, and I hope the next president says, regulate abortion, or I will sign an eo and outlaw it. Obama has give the presidency more power than they should have.

they go after abortion (the killing of ones own offspring) and you will see heads exploding from the left/libs/dems. But I say tough. we had to put up with ObamaCare, this bs on illegal immigration, . Trayvon Martin, the Mike Browns and the shit went on and on

The far right has realized, to its collective horror, it has no influence on GOP leaderships' policy and decision making. Yay for the leaders.

Forum List

Back