Princeton: The US Government is Now an Oligarchy.

It was never a country meant for the pitchforks. Now it's just a poorly run country, sold to the highest bidder, that was never meant for the pitchforks.

Many people understand it, but not many people actually label it.
Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business.

"Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence. "

Cambridge Journals Online - Perspectives on Politics - Abstract - Testing Theories of American Politics Elites Interest Groups and Average Citizens

My alma mater noticed that a liberal government is doing something wrong?

That is a first.

The govt must REALLY suck if they noticed it.

My alma mater noticed that a liberal government is doing something wrong?

That is a first.

The govt must REALLY suck if they noticed it.

All those college degrees and they notice this first now?

Seems a bit slow to me.

Many people understand it, but not many people actually label it.
Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business.

"Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence. "

Cambridge Journals Online - Perspectives on Politics - Abstract - Testing Theories of American Politics Elites Interest Groups and Average Citizens

You forgot labor unions (especially public employees), whose impact dwarfs all others.

Neither Business nor Unions be allowed to donate to campaigns, all donations have to be regulated and made transparent.

You forgot labor unions (especially public employees), whose impact dwarfs all others.

It is really helpful to our plutocrats that people like you believe that unions are acting in the interests of huge money interests instead of working on behalf of working people. They do appreciate your help

But everything is clear enough. Politicians trade votes for money, and their policy shows that. Policy is now written with only the rich in mind, not the people and the country's best interests.
We need a policy of publicly funded elections to get the buying and selling of votes out of the system. Given the amount of time politicians spend raising campaign funds, if it were eliminated, they might have time to read a bill or two.

But everything is clear enough. Politicians trade votes for money, and their policy shows that. Policy is now written with only the rich in mind, not the people and the country's best interests.
We need a policy of publicly funded elections to get the buying and selling of votes out of the system. Given the amount of time politicians spend raising campaign funds, if it were eliminated, they might have time to read a bill or two.
The rich pay most of the taxes. How is that going to get money out of politics? You think politicians are going to cut off their cash flow? That would make it far worse.

You think just publicly funding elections will do away with vote buying? Seriously? Wow, you're naive.

You think just publicly funding elections will do away with vote buying? Seriously? Wow, you're naive.

How so? Unless you're talking out and out bribery, which I'm not. I'm talking about soliciting campaign funds and making expensive promises to get the money.

The rich pay most of the taxes. How is that going to get money out of politics? You think politicians are going to cut off their cash flow? That would make it far worse.

I don't see how who pays the taxes effects what I have to say. I'm talking about money being given out evenly to candidates meeting a certain threshold of votes in preliminary elections. Candidates would get their positions out through publicly sponsored open-mike events and televised debates . All of this may take several rounds of votes, but would eliminate the need to go hat-in-hand to make expensive promises to special interests, whether they be business, labor, racial, ethnic, etc.

It is really helpful to our plutocrats that people like you believe that unions are acting in the interests of huge money interests instead of working on behalf of working people. They do appreciate your help

Interestingly, you don't dispute my point.

Forum List

Back