Bain-gate: What Do Romney's Tax Returns Say?

Honestly, I don't really care about Mitt Romney's taxes or Bain and I don't think most Democrats truly care either, except for those that are using this for political posturing...the every day laborer Democrat, most likely does not spend hours on message boards posting about politics as those of us here seem to do.

What are Mitts plans on Healthcare reform since he said he would revoke the Obamacare plan which was very similar in structure to the Massachusetts health care law he signed...?

So, what are his ideas on how to reduce and control health care costs for Americans? It's absolutely OUT OF CONTROL with nearly 10% increases in health insurance plans each year for the past 15 years for Matt and I....What are ya gonna do about it Mitt? Now that you have flip flopped about a hundred times on the issue...I want to know where you stand now and what you think YOU can do....

How would he work with a Republican Congress? Will he be a "patsy" to their every whim, or a Man? will he sign on to all the crud that they believe in and ram it down America's throats or will he use common sense and look out for ALL of Americans, not just the wealthiest of Americans or not just the far right wingers?

and what is his plan to get our middle class on healthy grounds again? Does he believe in class warfare? Does he think trickle down is the answer to all, taking from those with less, and giving to those with more in the private sector, so they can choose what money of our own will "trickle back down" to us?

Is that really the answer to all ills in America...?

Will he abolish welfare, food stamps and all safety nets for the underprivileged as Republicans would like to do?

will he raise our taxes through higher fees and licenses like he Did in Massachusetts?

What's his thoughts on the Federal Reserve? On TARP? On bailing out the very wealthiest when then screw up?

How about regulation for the banking/mortgage industry? Is he going to deregulate even MORE so that we can be dicked from here to kingdom come by those who are too big to fail?

Who does he blame for the Great recession? What are his thoughts on what caused it? Does he blame only the poorest among us like the majority of Republicans do for the housing crisis instead of the ponzi schemers on wall street? You know, his buddies?

What kind of charities has he supported over the years? Have they been ONLY charities affecting Mormons or does he spread his wealth around to all of the needy?

What about the deficit? What are his financial plans for our budget?
How's he going to get the deficit in line?

And what are his stands on sending our troops to war? Is he one to constantly beat the war drums like other Republicans? Will he send our men and women to their deaths just for middle eastern oil? Does he believe in Preemptive war like Bush? What are his stands on Israel intervention by the usa? Does he stand by them?

And lots and lots and lots of other questions...but Bain ain't one of them....not for me.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't really care about Mitt Romney's taxes or Bain and I don't think most Democrats truly care either, except for those that are using this for political posturing...the every day laborer Democrat, most likely does not spend hours on message boards posting about politics as those of us here seem to do.

What are Mitts plans on Healthcare reform since he said he would revoke the Obamacare plan which was very similar in structure to the Massachusetts health care law he signed...?

So, what are his ideas on how to reduce and control health care costs for Americans? It's absolutely OUT OF CONTROL with nearly 10% increases in health insurance plans each year for the past 15 years for Matt and I....What are ya gonna do about it Mitt? Now that you have flip flopped about a hundred times on the issue...I want to know where you stand now and what you think YOU can do....

How would he work with a Republican Congress? Will he be a "patsy" to their every whim, or a Man? will he sign on to all the crud that they believe in and ram it down America's throats or will he use common sense and look out for ALL of Americans, not just the wealthiest of Americans or not just the far right wingers?

and what is his plan to get our middle class on healthy grounds again? Does he believe in class warfare? Does he think trickle down is the answer to all, taking from those with less, and giving to those with more in the private sector, so they can choose what money of our own will "trickle back down" to us?

Will he abolish welfare, food stamps and all safety nets for the underprivileged as Republicans would like to do?

will he raise our taxes through higher fees and licenses like he Did in Massachusetts?

What's his thoughts on the Federal Reserve? On TARP? On bailing out the very wealthiest when then screw up?

How about regulation for the banking/mortgage industry? Is he going to deregulate even MORE so that we can be dicked from here to kingdom come by those who are too big to fail?

Who does he blame for the Great recession? What are his thoughts on what caused it? Does he blame only the poorest among us like the majority of Republicans do for the housing crisis instead of the ponzi schemers on wall street? You know, his buddies?

What kind of charities has he supported over the years? Have they been ONLY charities affecting Mormons or does he spread his wealth around to all of the needy?

And what are his stands on sending our troops to war? Is he one to constantly beat the war drums like other Republicans? Will he send our men and women to their deaths just for middle eastern oil? Does he believe in Preemptive war like Bush? What are his stands on Israel intervention by the usa? Does he stand by them?

And lots and lots and lots of other questions...but Bain ain't one of them....not for me.

Bain's workings are important to me. Another thing that is important to me is why he met with Dick Cheney in secret at a $30,000.00 a plate fund raiser this week. This, while he is "supposedly" not going to be another bush/shrub. Ya right!!

Safe to say that no working joe/jane was there except the reporters TRYING to get some pix or better. I'm sick of the elite MINORITY running the show/govt which is which is a huge reason why I voted Obama last time and will this round as I've yet to see, read, hear anything coming from these con candidates that I would take part in personally. I would never vote for anyone who is richer than the previous 8 presidents COMBINED. I do not suffer from selective amnesia as many con's DO. I'm one of those who learns from past mistakes or outright crooked bs whether dem or con.

I agree, many "working joes" like myself don't have the privilege to spend hours on these boards, and I can easily see that many if not most on the right do have plenty of time to waste spewing nothing of value or morals for that matter. They're either wealthy and have nothing better to do except to defend their own or one of their own, OR are just plain ignorant or racist. Maybe they're being paid to spout the endless nonsense I read here coming from the right/wrong side that is spewed endlessly without grounds in many cases?

I put in 12 hours yesterday voluntarily in my own business at 53 years old and worked and sweated my ass off. Just another day that I cannot find a job in the field I hold a bachelor degree and have experience in. When I do find time like now, I try not to waste it like many on the right seem to love to do. Many, many folks are spending there time online looking for work where there really is none and haven't the time to waste with brain dead and brainwashed con lovers.

If this election weren't so serious, as every election should be, it would be laughable to read this endless tripe, bs, etc. coming from the blind, deaf, and apparently dumb con's - but elections are not funny, they're serious. As far as this Bain news, it all strikes me as interesting and relevant in every way to anyone who chooses to run for pres.

What isn't, or hasn't been discussed in this thread so far unless I missed something in my reading, is that romney DID make >$100,000.00/yr (could be $1,000,000/yr who knows for sure?)from bain until 2002 for doing NOTHING, IF one even believes what he is claiming!?! Releasing as many tax returns as his father did would go a long way in dispelling or confirming this.

I for one do not believe what comes out of that trap of his after seeing from my research that he is in fact lying on many if not most issues/topics. Makes me wonder if the evangelical christian's and mormon's have the license to lie and give it out freely to those of their ilk? Seems to be the case seeing as I've read of no religion or denomination denouncing the endless lies coming out of romney and his blind followers mouths. I have read how he is now claiming that obama is lying.:eusa_boohoo: Too funny!!

This whole pile of shit clarifies what I've thought all along, is that the rich are really lazy ass gluttonous fucks who can afford to have a others do their work for them while they claim to work hard for their money whenever asked. He was either working with or for bain for >$100k/yr, or he was being paid >$100k/yr for doing nothing. One in the same to me!

Bain's workings are important to me. Another thing that is important to me is why he met with Dick Cheney in secret at a $30,000.00 a plate fund raiser this week. This, while he is "supposedly" not going to be another bush/shrub. Ya right!!

Safe to say that no working joe/jane was there except the reporters TRYING to get some pix or better. I'm sick of the elite MINORITY running the show/govt which is which is a huge reason why I voted Obama last time and will this round as I've yet to see, read, hear anything coming from these con candidates that I would take part in personally. I would never vote for anyone who is richer than the previous 8 presidents COMBINED. I do not suffer from selective amnesia as many con's DO. I'm one of those who learns from past mistakes or outright crooked bs whether dem or con.

I agree, many "working joes" like myself don't have the privilege to spend hours on these boards, and I can easily see that many if not most on the right do have plenty of time to waste spewing nothing of value or morals for that matter. They're either wealthy and have nothing better to do except to defend their own or one of their own, OR are just plain ignorant or racist. Maybe they're being paid to spout the endless nonsense I read here coming from the right/wrong side that is spewed endlessly without grounds in many cases?

I put in 12 hours yesterday voluntarily in my own business at 53 years old and worked and sweated my ass off. Just another day that I cannot find a job in the field I hold a bachelor degree and have experience in. When I do find time like now, I try not to waste it like many on the right seem to love to do. Many, many folks are spending there time online looking for work where there really is none and haven't the time to waste with brain dead and brainwashed con lovers.

If this election weren't so serious, as every election should be, it would be laughable to read this endless tripe, bs, etc. coming from the blind, deaf, and apparently dumb con's - but elections are not funny, they're serious. As far as this Bain news, it all strikes me as interesting and relevant in every way to anyone who chooses to run for pres.

What isn't, or hasn't been discussed in this thread so far unless I missed something in my reading, is that romney DID make >$100,000.00/yr (could be $1,000,000/yr who knows for sure?)from bain until 2002 for doing NOTHING, IF one even believes what he is claiming!?! Releasing as many tax returns as his father did would go a long way in dispelling or confirming this.

I for one do not believe what comes out of that trap of his after seeing from my research that he is in fact lying on many if not most issues/topics. Makes me wonder if the evangelical christian's and mormon's have the license to lie and give it out freely to those of their ilk? Seems to be the case seeing as I've read of no religion or denomination denouncing the endless lies coming out of romney and his blind followers mouths. I have read how he is now claiming that obama is lying.:eusa_boohoo: Too funny!!

This whole pile of shit clarifies what I've thought all along, is that the rich are really lazy ass gluttonous fucks who can afford to have a others do their work for them while they claim to work hard for their money whenever asked. He was either working with or for bain for >$100k/yr, or he was being paid >$100k/yr for doing nothing. One in the same to me!
I just don't want to see Democrats entire time being spent on this Bain thing or on him having secretive money in a Swiss bank and Cayman Islands bank, when those things are not things truly involved with being President. I want to know where he stands on issues and what his answers are to all the woes of this country....how will he be different than Bush?

I'm certain his flip flopping on near every issue could be the poison pill that kills his run for office....

Out side of that, he was my governor of Massachusetts...I lived there under his reign and he did okay as a governor with the Dems controlling both houses of congress....he just did, pretty much what they wanted... a quasi Dem.

but with Republicans owning the house, and romney in office....my fear is that he will become way too far right for my taste or comfort and could be disastrous for the future of this country's middle class.

Romney can settle the dispute over his tenure at Bain by releasing the tax returns.

What did Romney claim on his tax returns?

Democrats say Romney tax returns could clarify Bain departure date - latimes.com

""Either Mitt Romney misrepresented his tenure at Bain to the SEC or he misrepresented it to the voters of Massachusetts," said Ben LaBolt, an Obama campaign spokesman, on Fox News. "If he released more documents, like further tax returns, we would know the extent of his involvement at Bain during this period. If he released board minutes, we'd know the extent of his involvement at Bain.""

I'd like to answer your questions but-----but it's all a big secret, Romney can't recall and the trustees of the "blind (haha) trust(s)" don't speak American.

Win-win for Obama, either they caught Romney committing a felony or-----or Romney has to disclose
his 'secret' business dealings, and-----and Romney's character is being questioned, even by his fellow Republicans.

If the Republicans actually end up nominating this guy, history will record it as one the monumental screw-ups in American political history.

Committed a felony? Where is the Obama Justice department? Don't you think Romney should be indicted and face a trial? Or, is someone just making sheeit up?

Bain's workings are important to me. Another thing that is important to me is why he met with Dick Cheney in secret at a $30,000.00 a plate fund raiser this week. This, while he is "supposedly" not going to be another bush/shrub...

If it was so fucking secret, why does everyone know about it?

Dumb ass.

And if Obama'd release his college transcripts we could see what kind of bullshit he was spoon-fed during his time there.

Afraid we might see "Love of Lenin 101" in there?

Here is the problem. Obama didn't run or govern as the "education president.". So I could care less what his grades from college look like.

Now mitt on the other hand is running as the "MAN" that knows how to bring back the jobs. Proof of his ability to do this lies in his tax returns. Seeing as how they will show the activites that made him his millions of dollars, that would be useful info. Don't you think? No.

Wouldn't you like to be like Mitt? You know. Follow the course of his success through the study of his tax returns and you to could be a multi millioniare.

But then, I am sure you already are.

But the rest of us would like to see how Mitt did it. As evidenced by his tax returns.

Seeing as how you must of been there, what topics were on the agenda and who were the guest speakers?

Or where you not there and don't know wtf you are talking about?

One or the other.

I just don't want to see Democrats entire time being spent on this Bain thing or on him having secretive money in a Swiss bank and Cayman Islands bank, when those things are not things truly involved with being President. I want to know where he stands on issues and what his answers are to all the woes of this country....how will he be different than Bush?

I'm certain his flip flopping on near every issue could be the poison pill that kills his run for office....

Out side of that, he was my governor of Massachusetts...I lived there under his reign and he did okay as a governor with the Dems controlling both houses of congress....he just did, pretty much what they wanted... a quasi Dem.

but with Republicans owning the house, and romney in office....my fear is that he will become way too far right for my taste or comfort and could be disastrous for the future of this country's middle class.

Good luck! Hell, I can't tell which side of an issue really is....or isn't. I think it changes whichever way the political winds are blowing.

Bain's workings are important to me. Another thing that is important to me is why he met with Dick Cheney in secret at a $30,000.00 a plate fund raiser this week. This, while he is "supposedly" not going to be another bush/shrub...

Dumb ass.

You answer your own question then call me the dumb ass? Again, you take the low-road with personal insults based on nothing.:confused: Per as usual! Not only here but in the reputation bs.

As far as your "supposed" substance, "WAS a secret" is thee clue. Hey guess what, some secrets come out, and worse some/many are proven to be damaging. I understand you're likely upset seein as the looney tune party you align yourself with doesn't have a candidate worth two dead flies, and that'd be on a good day.

Last edited:
You know it's one thing to disagree based on something legit, quite another to be disagreeable just to be an ass - after being kicked in the head more than once and not learning to stand behind an ass. You fit the bill:cool:

And if Obama'd release his college transcripts we could see what kind of bullshit he was spoon-fed during his time there.

Here is the problem. Obama didn't run or govern as the "education president.". So I could care less what his grades from college look like.

Now mitt on the other hand is running as the "MAN" that knows how to bring back the jobs. Proof of his ability to do this lies in his tax returns. Seeing as how they will show the activites that made him his millions of dollars, that would be useful info. Don't you think? No.

Wouldn't you like to be like Mitt? You know. Follow the course of his success through the study of his tax returns and you to could be a multi millioniare.

But the rest of us would like to see how Mitt did it. As evidenced by his tax returns.

How would how much money I made last year give you a clue as to how I did my job?

Are we going to ask for Performance Reviews next?

Ya know? As much time and effort was put into Care's posts about what's important about Romney, nowhere did I hear mention of JOBS.

We've hovered above 8% for 40 months.

I have seen how Obama is at handling unemployment.
He's had his chance.....

How would how much money I made last year give you a clue as to how I did my job?

Ya know? As much time and effort was put into Care's posts about what's important about Romney, nowhere did I hear mention of JOBS.

He's had his chance.....

Unfortunately you left out that just about everything this Pres has done has been shot down. So, how do you blame him if most everything he's tried has been blocked? I, on the other hand, have seen how the con party in the house and senate and how they handle it too. It's either record filibusters or doing nothing except allowing the US's credit rating at risk AND downgraded below AAA.

If you were running for pres, I'd want to see your income taxes too.

Last edited:

If Romney's flip-flopping were a poison pill, he'd have never gotten the Republican nomination.

The republicans have made a Faustian bargain. Pick a man with no principles as long as he pretends to support what you want, because polls show that he's just enough of a blank slate that people who are concerned with Obama's lack of performance can vote for.

I think he's be a weak president, your point is valid, because he'd always be afraid of losing his base. But I think he'd also open the candy store to all the looters and crooks who wrecked the economy during the Oughts.

He's had his chance.....

Unfortunately you left out that just about everything this Pres has done has been shot down. So, how do you blame him if most everything he's tried has been blocked? I, on the other hand, have seen how the con party in the house and senate and how they handle it too. It's either record filibusters or doing nothing except allowing the US's credit rating at risk AND downgraded below AAA.

You can't honestly hang that on one party.

The House passes a Bill and the Senate tables it.
The Senate passes a Bill and the House kills it.

Obama has taken the stance of leading from behind.

At least Clinton got things done. He was constantly addressing Congress and calling for bi-partisanship.

The only time I've seen Obama in front of Congress is during his Look-At-Me...... I mean, State of the Union Address.

Romney can settle the dispute over his tenure at Bain by releasing the tax returns.

Democrats say Romney tax returns could clarify Bain departure date - latimes.com

""Either Mitt Romney misrepresented his tenure at Bain to the SEC or he misrepresented it to the voters of Massachusetts," said Ben LaBolt, an Obama campaign spokesman, on Fox News. "If he released more documents, like further tax returns, we would know the extent of his involvement at Bain during this period. If he released board minutes, we'd know the extent of his involvement at Bain.""

"Baingate". What a dick !

But go ahead and flail away libs, flail away.

He's had his chance.....

You can't honestly hang that on one party.

The House passes a Bill and the Senate tables it.
The Senate passes a Bill and the House kills it.

Obama has taken the stance of leading from behind.

At least Clinton got things done. He was constantly addressing Congress and calling for bi-partisanship.

The only time I've seen Obama in front of Congress is during his Look-At-Me...... I mean, State of the Union Address.

When one party says that their goal is to make him a one-term president, and they shoot down every suggestion for improving the economy, even threaten to get us to default on our loans, then, yes, one party CAN be blamed for a lot of the problems.

Distrazione-anteprima-400x225-276722.jpg

Forum List

Back