Bain-gate: What Do Romney's Tax Returns Say?

Obama's campaign staff are crawling all over this Romney stuff. I predict a bad ending for Romney.

Like people here understand SEC filings. :lol: most along with FOX News and CNN couldn't understand a simple SCOTUS ruling.

another mindless Belle-curve

So you DIDN'T read the report.

I see what you did there, btw.

freedom? wtf r u talkin bout? :eusa_whistle: in relation to the SEC filings abortion is a side issue.

gawd.... outta here

the document Romney signed related to the Stericycle deal did identify him as a participant in that particular deal and the person in charge of several Bain entities. (Did Bain and Romney file a document with the SEC that was not accurate?) Moreover, in 1999, Bain and Romney both described his departure from Bain not as a resignation and far from absolute. On February 12, 1999, the Boston Herald reported, "Romney said he will stay on as a part-timer with Bain, providing input on investment and key personnel decisions." And a Bain press release issued on July 19, 1999, noted that Romney was "currently on a part-time leave of absence"—and quoted Romney speaking for Bain Capital. In 2001 and 2002, Romney filed Massachusetts state disclosure forms noting he was the 100 percent owner of Bain Capital NY, Inc.—a Bain outfit that was incorporated in Delaware on April 13, 1999—two months after Romney's supposed retirement from the firm. A May 2001 filing with the SEC identified Romney as "a member of the Management Committee" of two Bain entities. And in 2007, the Washington Post reported that R. Bradford Malt, a Bain lawyer, said Romney took a "leave of absence" when he assumed the Olympics post and retained sole ownership of the firm for two more years.

All of this undermines Bain's contention that Romney, though he maintained an ownership interest in the firm and its funds, had nothing to do with the firm's activities after February 1999.

freedom? wtf r u talkin bout? :eusa_whistle: in relation to the SEC filings abortion is a side issue.

gawd.... outta here

the document Romney signed related to the Stericycle deal did identify him as a participant in that particular deal and the person in charge of several Bain entities. (Did Bain and Romney file a document with the SEC that was not accurate?) Moreover, in 1999, Bain and Romney both described his departure from Bain not as a resignation and far from absolute. On February 12, 1999, the Boston Herald reported, "Romney said he will stay on as a part-timer with Bain, providing input on investment and key personnel decisions." And a Bain press release issued on July 19, 1999, noted that Romney was "currently on a part-time leave of absence"—and quoted Romney speaking for Bain Capital. In 2001 and 2002, Romney filed Massachusetts state disclosure forms noting he was the 100 percent owner of Bain Capital NY, Inc.—a Bain outfit that was incorporated in Delaware on April 13, 1999—two months after Romney's supposed retirement from the firm. A May 2001 filing with the SEC identified Romney as "a member of the Management Committee" of two Bain entities. And in 2007, the Washington Post reported that R. Bradford Malt, a Bain lawyer, said Romney took a "leave of absence" when he assumed the Olympics post and retained sole ownership of the firm for two more years.

All of this undermines Bain's contention that Romney, though he maintained an ownership interest in the firm and its funds, had nothing to do with the firm's activities after February 1999.

Sorry Dante.
YOU threw the story line in. I responded.

You are correct that they have nothing to do with each other.

I found me a new verb :D

Obama's campaign staff are crawling all over this Romney stuff. I predict a bad ending for Romney.

Like people here understand SEC filings. :lol: most along with FOX News and CNN couldn't understand a simple SCOTUS ruling.

there is NO report. there are filings. anything here is incomplete. you're trying playing an old game of gotcha. you offer nothing and fish. it's boring. and you're as dumb as dirt

go away

you're a light weight imbecile.

ignore Belle-curve rantings. focus on timelines of claims in filings, Bain press releases and Campaign statements. inconsistencies will show.

there is more. mo imbecile on a message board has all the skills and time to sift through it all forget about digest it all adequately.

these Belle-curves hijack most every thread here.

but...this time a story has legs. Romney has spent far too much energy and time attempting to kill the story. he has fed it.

It's still summer. a very long and nasty campaign is on the horizon....hundreds of millions of dollars are yet to be spent.

define Romney now. Do NOT allow side issues and gotcha games to detract.

do not allow personal pissing contests to flood threads and kill threads.

do not allow wingnuts to bury the good stuff.

ltr
:cool:
dD

ignore Belle-curve rantings. focus on timelines of claims in filings, Bain press releases and Campaign statements. inconsistencies will show.

there is more. mo imbecile on a message board has all the skills and time to sift through it all forget about digest it all adequately.

but...this time a story has legs. Romney has spent far too much energy and time attempting to kill the story. he has fed it.

It's still summer. a very long and nasty campaign is on the horizon....hundreds of millions of dollars are yet to be spent.

ltr
dD

Amen! This Romney/Bain story has very long legs. I look forward to the debates.

Bain-gate: What Do Romney's Tax Returns Say?

Romney can settle the dispute over his tenure at Bain by releasing the tax returns.

What did Romney claim on his tax returns?

Democrats say Romney tax returns could clarify Bain departure date - latimes.com

""Either Mitt Romney misrepresented his tenure at Bain to the SEC or he misrepresented it to the voters of Massachusetts," said Ben LaBolt, an Obama campaign spokesman, on Fox News. "If he released more documents, like further tax returns, we would know the extent of his involvement at Bain during this period. If he released board minutes, we'd know the extent of his involvement at Bain.""

Again dude? Holy shit man.
tax return story.

"If he released more documents, like further tax returns, we would know the extent of his involvement at Bain during this period. If he released board minutes, we'd know the extent of his involvement at Bain."
The opening statement delivered by Romney's lawyer in 2002 as part of a hearing to determine whether he had sufficient residency status in Massachusetts to run for governor said Romney "continued to serve on the board of directors of a significant Massachusetts company and to return here for most of its board meetings."

ltr
dD

Amen! This Romney/Bain story has very long legs. I look forward to the debates.

Well, you think a little fib is going to save your open border globalist turkey? :eusa_shifty: You must of lost it.:confused:

Do you care about keeping this nation a super power?

there is NO report. there are filings. anything here is incomplete. you're trying playing an old game of gotcha. you offer nothing and fish. it's boring. and you're as dumb as dirt

go away

you're a light weight imbecile.

Report/filings, whichever word makes you feel better.
I don't rant, I ask questions.
I also don't insult.
Play nice now or I'll start to believe all the things I've been told about you.

ltr
dD

Yes please focus on timeline of filings. SEC filing in 2000 to begin with.

Let's have a real 'air out' party! Romney and Obama release all their taxes, school transcripts, applications for SS numbers, etc. Real sunshine!

Do you care about keeping this nation a super power?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes I do! and that's another reason why lefties believe we should rebuild our formerly world class infrastructure, and reduce our debt via high paying jobs which generate lots-o-revenue and keep our citizens secure and our children healthy and---and teach the next generation, and the next generation, and the next generation to be not only star warriors but inventors, information analysts, and that---that vision thing that Republicans love to mock---anything less is, is well, less---less than we're capable of. Why Republicans choose to not leverage our greatest asset, our people, is a mystery.

The Army advertises "be all you can be", Republican party policy is making us less than we're capable of.

Romney's Bain and other vulture's do nothing to strengthen America's middle class---a weak middle class makes for a weak America.

Do you care about keeping this nation a super power?

Yes, yes I do! and that's another reason why lefties believe we should rebuild our formerly world class infrastructure, and reduce our debt via high paying jobs which generate lots-o-revenue and keep our citizens secure and our children healthy and---and teach the next generation, and the next generation, and the next generation to be not ony star warriors but inventors, information analysts, and that---that vision thing that Republicans love to mock---anything less is, is well, less---less than we're capable of. Why Republicans choose to not leverage our greatest asset, our people, is a mystery.

The Army advertises "be all you can be", Republican party policy is making us less than we're capable of.

Romney's Bain and other vulture's do nothing to strengthen America's middle class---a weak middle class makes for a weak America.[/QUOTE]
Tell me Star, do you give points for honesty? If so, you really need to fact check before posting.

Again dude? Holy shit man.
tax return story.

"If he released more documents, like further tax returns, we would know the extent of his involvement at Bain during this period. If he released board minutes, we'd know the extent of his involvement at Bain."
The opening statement delivered by Romney's lawyer in 2002 as part of a hearing to determine whether he had sufficient residency status in Massachusetts to run for governor said Romney "continued to serve on the board of directors of a significant Massachusetts company and to return here for most of its board meetings."
:eusa_whistle:

ltr
dD

Yes please focus on timeline of filings. SEC filing in 2000 to begin with.

Start with what we all know: What We Know About Romney and Bain, Explained

So where does that leave us?

Bain and Romney's claim that he had "absolutely no involvement with the management or investment activities of the firm or any of its portfolio companies" is deeply implausible, given the SEC filings and Romney's role on the boards of LifeLike and Staples. Lifelike, in particular, was a Bain portfolio company by any definition, and Romney was on its board—perhaps a passive management role, but indisputably a management role. As Brad DeLong writes, "It would be very unusual for somebody to have the titles of not just 'CEO' but 'President,' 'Chairman of the Board' and be 'sole stockholder' and to have no responsibilities whatsoever." As a factual matter, Romney's claim of zero involvement is contradicted by what we currently know.

That said, none of the documents uncovered so far disprove Romney's claim that he had no direct, day-to-day managerial role at Bain after February 1999. The Romney campaign seems to believe that inoculates the candidate from responsibility for Bain's investment decisions during that time, despite the fact that Romney continued as CEO, president, and chairman of the board and benefited financially from Bain's investments.

But even if Romney wasn't involved in Bain after 1999 (a claim contradicted by the documentary evidence), he's still not off the hook for outsourcing. As my Mother Jones colleague David Corn has reported, there's at least one example of Bain investing in outsourcing prior to the date Romney says he left.

What We Know About Romney and Bain, Explained

Maybe Romney is special. Maybe when he is part time, h's not part time. Maybe when he's wrong he's right, when he says left he says right...when he is for mandates he is not for mandates?

But I smell a Willard Rat. Willlard Mitt Romney

Forum List

Back