Bailout Deal Reached Before McCain Steps Foot in Washington

sorry, i thought you actually were trying to relay some information or news but got overly excited and couldnt put it together cohesively. guess not

which word do you not comprehend. looks pretty simple to me.

My goodness does McCain look like an idiot now.

He looks like he was willing to put the nation before his own personal ambition.

It also appears as though his decision to go back to Washington sped the process along. Yesterday at this time they were still squabbling.

He looks like he was willing to put the nation before his own personal ambition.

It also appears as though his decision to go back to Washington sped the process along. Yesterday at this time they were still squabbling.

not really, last night all the 24 hr news showed clips of barney frank saying they were very close in their compromise for the money to bail the crooks out.... he's saying the same today, all but minutia is done....

wish they would take their time and debate this on the floor instead of this rushed judgement.... :(

they spent weeks discussing steroid use among athletes for goodness sakes.... :confused:

not really, last night all the 24 hr news showed clips of barney frank saying they were very close in their compromise for the money to bail the crooks out.... he's saying the same today, all but minutia is done....

wish they would take their time and debate this on the floor instead of this rushed judgement.... :(

they spent weeks discussing steroid use among athletes for goodness sakes.... :confused:

Barney Frank may think they're close to an agreement, but the Republicans apparently don't believe so.

Barney Frank may think they're close to an agreement, but the Republicans apparently don't believe so.

Looks like the Democrats rushed to say they "agreed to make an agreement" in order to make John McCain's input seem less relevant, and his decision to not debate tomorrow look foolish. Seems like it worked.

well well, here we are late into the afternoon and the title of this thread still has not come true...

Bohner was correct.. my oh my

You REALLY believe a guy who has no positions on any banking or monetary committees in congress, and who has admitted to a lack of knowledge regarding economics, was somehow responsible for the process being sped up?

There's nothing special about McCain or Obama when it comes to economics, least of all this "crisis". Neither one of them possesses the kind of education on this subject that would be required to have any relevance to the process.

When there's a floor debate, or a roll call, then it's time for them to show up. Right now, they're showboating to the nation to make it look like they're being pro-active in the process, when in all actuality they are contributing NOTHING.

Forum List

Back