Bachmann’s Husband Tied To ‘Pray Away The Gay Therapy’

Dont know what DSM IV is,

Then I would argue that you aren't in any position to argue about psychiatric medicine.

To inform you: The DSM is the "bible" of psychiatric conditions and diagnosis.

this quack was treating a drunk.

Ever hear of "Korsakoff Syndrome"? I doubt it. Have you ever seen an alcoholic that has drank themself to dementia at an early age? Again, I doubt it. I've seen people so bad that they can't remember anything past a few hours. So maybe trying to start them on a simple task like coloring inside the lines isn't as "far out" as you think it is if you truly understood what was going on.

I dont give a shit what was acceptable 40 years ago I could give a fuck less what an adult man or Woman do in there bedroom as long as its between consenting adults. And Money you say ? I say duh, they are all in it for money. but if he broke the law or something, why is it not all over the news ? I google the guy and get nothing.

Most people in it for "the money" actually want to treat their patient's and help them too. It's a nice dual benefit. Get paid to help people. That implies such a person would be interested in the evidenced based medicine and professional consensus so that they were actually helping and not harming their subjects.

I don't think M. Bachmann broke the law due to Minnesota's bizarrely lax standards for mental health providers.

He's still a quack that set up a sweet racket to scrape in some of that government cheese while his wife ironically attacks medicaid.

You see where this is going?

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

My my, evidently there is some people who believe in what he is doing, if they ARE GOING to him for therapy.

so what business is it of you people.

Dont know what DSM IV is,

Then I would argue that you aren't in any position to argue about psychiatric medicine.

To inform you: The DSM is the "bible" of psychiatric conditions and diagnosis.

this quack was treating a drunk.

Ever hear of "Korsakoff Syndrome"? I doubt it. Have you ever seen an alcoholic that has drank themself to dementia at an early age? Again, I doubt it. I've seen people so bad that they can't remember anything past a few hours. So maybe trying to start them on a simple task like coloring inside the lines isn't as "far out" as you think it is if you truly understood what was going on.

I dont give a shit what was acceptable 40 years ago I could give a fuck less what an adult man or Woman do in there bedroom as long as its between consenting adults. And Money you say ? I say duh, they are all in it for money. but if he broke the law or something, why is it not all over the news ? I google the guy and get nothing.

Most people in it for "the money" actually want to treat their patient's and help them too. It's a nice dual benefit. Get paid to help people. That implies such a person would be interested in the evidenced based medicine and professional consensus so that they were actually helping and not harming their subjects.

I don't think M. Bachmann broke the law due to Minnesota's bizarrely lax standards for mental health providers.

He's still a quack that set up a sweet racket to scrape in some of that government cheese while his wife ironically attacks medicaid.

You see where this is going?

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

I will say and comment on what I want so, fuck you. Don't like it dont read it. Second, the drunk was my brother. He was a drunk and the Dr. was ripping the insurance off for $125.00 an hour to have the twerp draw stick figures that he (the Dr.) does not even look at is bilking the system. The Dr. was out side smoking with me during this "therapy". There is still the matter of the source. It is a Pro gay life style magazine. No sources were quoted. And yes, I do see ware its going, this is ware you whip out the song and dance that you are a doctor, and you are superior. I doubt that you are a doctor, Maybe a nurse or phlebotomist but that is my opinion, just like what you post is yours. If you dont like what I say, then use your ignore feature. You see ware this is going ?

Last edited:
Here is his credentials, and a link to his website.

Dr. Bachmann

Dr. Marcus Bachmann, president of Bachmann & Associates, has been a clinical therapist in the Twin Cities for more than 20 years. Marcus is a popular conference speaker with practical insights, biblical principles, and humor interwoven in his messages.

I believe my call is to minister to the needs of people in a practical, caring and sensitive way.

Dr. Bachmann received his Masters degree in education/counseling from Regent University located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He received his Doctorate degree in clinical psychology from Union Graduate Institute located in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Marcus and his wife, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann are the parents of five children and have been foster parents to more than 20 children. The family lives in the St. Croix Valley.

Meet Dr. Bachmann | Bachmann & Associates | St. Paul MN Counseling Clinic | Burnsville MN Therapist | Woodbury MN CounselorBachmann and Associates

good grief..:cuckoo:

If it was just 3 girls, it wouldn't seem strange. By the time it gets to 10 girls, without any boys, it's an oddity. But it's not as if the Bachmanns didn't have a choice, as if the only place to get foster kids was from an all girl orphanage. By the time the number of foster kids (all girls with not one boy) gets over twenty, it IS strange, pure and simple. Then when you hear about Bachmann's reparative "therapy," it's the first time there seems to be a rationale to it.

Considering the number of closeted conservatives who have been outed in recent years (especially the ones who have some kind of vocal and public anti-gay pronouncements), it's not as if that kind of revelation would be an unprecedented event.

what business is of yours if they adopt girls or boys?
And you people ever think that some people don't care to share their sexual preference with the whole world? we know that doesn't seem to bother Liberals and some homosexuals.

I don't care if someone is gay. I also don't care if someone wants to keep their sexual preference under wraps. As a general rule, I can't say that it's anyone's business (outside of immediate friends and family) if someone is "in the closet." With that said, Marcus Bachmann has apparently been engaging in reparative therapy, which has been widely discredited for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it causes psychological damage to many people. And if he's doing this kind of therapy on others as a way of building up his own psychological defenses, I think he's using other people for his own benefit which is pretty pathetic if it does more harm than good.

If it was just 3 girls, it wouldn't seem strange. By the time it gets to 10 girls, without any boys, it's an oddity. But it's not as if the Bachmanns didn't have a choice, as if the only place to get foster kids was from an all girl orphanage. By the time the number of foster kids (all girls with not one boy) gets over twenty, it IS strange, pure and simple. Then when you hear about Bachmann's reparative "therapy," it's the first time there seems to be a rationale to it.

Considering the number of closeted conservatives who have been outed in recent years (especially the ones who have some kind of vocal and public anti-gay pronouncements), it's not as if that kind of revelation would be an unprecedented event.

And you people ever think that some people don't care to share their sexual preference with the whole world? we know that doesn't seem to bother Liberals and some homosexuals.

I don't care if someone is gay. I also don't care if someone wants to keep their sexual preference under wraps. As a general rule, I can't say that it's anyone's business (outside of immediate friends and family) if someone is "in the closet." With that said, Marcus Bachmann has apparently been engaging in reparative therapy, which has been widely discredited for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it causes psychological damage to many people. And if he's doing this kind of therapy on others as a way of building up his own psychological defenses, I think he's using other people for his own benefit which is pretty pathetic if it does more harm than good.

well like I said, SOME people evidently don't FIND IT HARMFUL if they are going to him for therapy. so it really is none of you peoples business.

You seem to be perpetuating the lie that they only provide ungaying services. Got anything that says that he received all that money for those services ?

My my, evidently there is some people who believe in what he is doing, if they ARE GOING to him for therapy.

so what business is it of you people.

That's like saying what business is it of someone if a charlatan is defrauding someone else.

Aside from that, I had a very good friend who I came to suspect was in the closet. He eventually killed himself in 2003 by hanging himself in his beautiful new home. He wasn't sick, or poor, and he didn't have any financial problems. We speculate that he couldn't deal with sexuality. So, for a lot of people who have family or friends who have grasped at a straw in the hope (false hope, actually) to change one's nature, we know that it could/would be a crushing emotional and psychological defeat to believe that the only reason(s) you can't change is because you're not praying hard enough or that God isn't answering your prayers.

You seem to be perpetuating the lie that they only provide ungaying services. Got anything that says that he received all that money for those services ?

I never made any such assertion.

I never made any such assertion.

Cool, I was asking the others as well. Not just you. I apologize for coming off the way I did.

I will say and comment on what I want so, fuck you.

I never said you "couldn't" comment on anything. I simply said you look like an ignorant asshole if you don't even know the basics (DSM IV).

Second, the drunk was my brother. He was a drunk and the Dr. ripping the insurance off for $125.00 an hour to have the twerp draw stick figures that he (the Dr.) does not even look at is bilking the system. The Dr. was out side smoking with me during this "therapy".

Heavens! If your brother wasn't receiving adequate care, I hope you got him to someone that could treat him adequately in your estimation.

There is still the matter of the source. It is a Pro gay life style magazine. No sources were quoted.

You haven't looked hard enough. People have gone undercover and exposed their goofy tactics. The "Bachmann Center" makes no secret about it's unique treatment approach.

And yes, I do see ware its going, this is ware you whip out the song and dance that you are a doctor, and you are superior. I doubt that you are a doctor, Maybe a nurse or phlebotomist but that is my opinion, just like what you post is yours. If you dont like what I say, then use your ignore feature. You see ware this is going ?

I am not a doctor. Just, obviously, more knowledgeable than you on the matter.

I never said you "couldn't" comment on anything. I simply said you look like an ignorant asshole if you don't even know the basics (DSM IV).

Second, the drunk was my brother. He was a drunk and the Dr. ripping the insurance off for $125.00 an hour to have the twerp draw stick figures that he (the Dr.) does not even look at is bilking the system. The Dr. was out side smoking with me during this "therapy".

Heavens! If your brother wasn't receiving adequate care, I hope you got him to someone that could treat him adequately in your estimation.

There is still the matter of the source. It is a Pro gay life style magazine. No sources were quoted.

You haven't looked hard enough. People have gone undercover and exposed their goofy tactics. The "Bachmann Center" makes no secret about it's unique treatment approach.

And yes, I do see ware its going, this is ware you whip out the song and dance that you are a doctor, and you are superior. I doubt that you are a doctor, Maybe a nurse or phlebotomist but that is my opinion, just like what you post is yours. If you dont like what I say, then use your ignore feature. You see ware this is going ?

The pinnacle of my brothers life was to be incarcerated at Pelican Bay in California. That is a super Max prison. he had his chance, he blew it so fuck him. He is also 16 years my senior, thus, not my problem.

So cool, if people have gone under cover, post it up, lets see it. I also assume you have a source showing he charged medicare for the unqueering services ? And you say more knowledgeable ? or you just google faster ? Lets see those under cover reports.

It matters to the right wing.

If they can prove it's a "choice", they think that gives them an "out" from their nasty, disgusting bigotry.

Even if homosexuality is a choice, I don't see that it matters. Christianity is a choice. Smoking cigarettes is a choice. Wearing a swimsuit in winter or wearing a jacket in summer is a choice.

It matters because if it's a choice, then there is no discrimination component to denying people equal rights/benefits.

If it's genetic, then there is.

I'm reminded of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Religion is a choice. Who would advocate the removal or amendment of the Civil Rights Act so that businesses may discriminate against people of a particular religion?

Guess not.

The pinnacle of my brothers life was to be incarcerated at Pelican Bay in California. That is a super Max prison. he had his chance, he blew it so fuck him. He is also 16 years my senior, thus, not my problem.

So cool, if people have gone under cover, post it up, lets see it. I also assume you have a source showing he charged medicare for the unqueering services ? And you say more knowledgeable ? or you just google faster ? Lets see those under cover reports.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOJukrfSYh0&feature=player_embedded]‪Chris Matthews On Bachmann's Clinic: No One Wants A Pres. Not Living In The Real World‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Or you can listen to the man himself:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwP4vHEc-I]‪Marcus Bachmann Talks About Homosexuality‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

As for the DSM IV:

PsychiatryOnline - Home

Forum List

Back