Pray away the gay with Mittens.........

I'm sure Republicans will be mortified to hear Romney is against homosexuality.

Yeah.

He just bought priceless buzz for lunch money. The Romney campaign thanks you for spreading the word.

Yep, the far right will 'love' him. The center right will love his arrest record. He's rockin'. :eusa_angel:

sailorboy logic:

romney gives to one charity, who then gives to another charity and romney knows full well

obama attends church for 20 years and doesn't know full well the views of his pastor, despite being close friends

I just wish he'd decide what he thinks... one way or another... in another thread, GayBikerBoy clearly states that Mitt's 'charitable donations' were all to the Mormon Church. Despite a plethora of evidence that that is not true.

What can we learn from this? That drugs are harmful.

Go back and re-read the post, I stated that the Mormon Church received the LION'S SHARE (meaning more than half) of his charitable donations.

Or........do you not know the difference between "all" and "lion's share"?

sailorboy logic:

romney gives to one charity, who then gives to another charity and romney knows full well

obama attends church for 20 years and doesn't know full well the views of his pastor, despite being close friends

Nominated for post of the day

sailorboy logic:

I just wish he'd decide what he thinks... one way or another... in another thread, GayBikerBoy clearly states that Mitt's 'charitable donations' were all to the Mormon Church. Despite a plethora of evidence that that is not true.

What can we learn from this? That drugs are harmful.

Go back and re-read the post, I stated that the Mormon Church received the LION'S SHARE (meaning more than half) of his charitable donations.

Or........do you not know the difference between "all" and "lion's share"?

So? This is relevent... why? For absolutely no reason. He's a Mormon, he tithes. I'm a Catholic... we are also under a duty to donate... and I do. That does not stop me donating to charity as well.... both Catholic and non Catholic.

How the fuck you can criticize the man for giving to charity is beyond pathetic. It is whining - pure and simple. You don't like him. Fine, criticize him on fucking policies, or his ideas, or his party.... but his charity donations? Fuck you. Sad bastard.

Looks like Romney has more problems...........

Wayne Besen of Truth Wins Out appeared on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show on Thursday night to discuss how former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney indirectly helped fund so-called “pray away the gay” therapy.

The Tyler Charitable Foundation, set up and funded by the Romneys, donated $10,000 in 2006 to the Massachusetts Family Institute, which promotes the ex-gay therapy. The charity also donated $25,000 to the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, which opposes same sex marriage and has compared LGBT activists to the terrorist group al Qaeda.

Besen noted that one of the ex-gay organizations promoted by the Massachusetts Family Institute claims that gay men can become more masculine “by drinking Gatorade and calling their friends ‘dude.’”

“There is nothing scientific about these groups,” he said. “They’re rejected by every respected medical and mental health organization in the world.”

“Basically anybody with credibility rejects attempts to change sexual orientation.”

Romney charity money went to ‘pray away the gay’ group | The Raw Story

Discuss............

who cares? Not independents. Not anybody on the right. Politically, it is apolitical except to the k00ks.

Hey.......he did contribute to this, knowing full well what the organization was about.

He's also stated he wants to bring back DADT and kick all the openly serving gays out.

Nope, he's gonna have a hard row to hoe.

So you think a Gay was going to vote for any Republican?

Btw, where did you get the idea that Romney hated Gays? Aren't you just assuming that?

Someone who hates Gays hangs them.......like your friends in the Muslim community.

You just don't seem to understand what praying for someone is all about.

Log Cabin Republicans do NOT exist.

Hey.......he did contribute to this, knowing full well what the organization was about.

He's also stated he wants to bring back DADT and kick all the openly serving gays out.

Btw, where did you get the idea that Romney hated Gays? Aren't you just assuming that?

Someone who hates Gays hangs them.......like your friends in the Muslim community.

Log Cabin Republicans do NOT exist.

:lol:

notice sailorboy responds to cali about some other thread and IGNORES the bullshit he got called on in this thread

LOL

why wouldn't gay people vote for a republican? do the republicans not support the right for americans to do what they want in their own house?

:razz:

You really think there are no gay Republicans? Seriously? I know a few.

You self centered lying ass morons make me sick.

When you gave money to a street peddler who later committed a crime did you turn yourself in for such a heinous action?

When you mow your yard o bet you cry for all the dead grasshoppers don't you?

as do i.

the left has this misconception that all gays are democrats.

Republicans decide that someone they don't like is a "liar" and that's that!

Liar? Hmmm. Like when Mitt said all his money is in a "blind trust" when it isn't?

Or when he accused one of his opponents of saying "Spanish" is a "ghetto language" and then denies he said it?

Or that our Navy today is smaller than it was in 1917?

and so on.

Liar? Hmmm. Like when Mitt said all his money is in a "blind trust" when it isn't?

Or when he accused one of his opponents of saying "Spanish" is a "ghetto language" and then denies he said it?

and so on.

Actually, it was one of his ads that made that accusation about 'spanish'. Ad has been withdrawn.

And, you are aware that the claim about the Navy being smaller is, technically, accurate - despite the bullshit on factcheck.org. Try checking with US Ship Force Levels and use the standard Navy metric (ships, not personnel). And, hey presto, Romney is right.

Seems to me that the same people who screamed like banshees about Obama's misspeaks are now holding the GOP to the standard that they, themselves, failed to meet.

Curious.

Last edited:

and so on.

You're the biggest fraud on here as far as I'm concerned. I don't take ANYTHING you say seriously. Your threads and posts have a certain 8th grade mentality to them. Fun to read and laugh but that's about it.

as do i.

the left has this misconception that all gays are democrats.

The left? :rofl:

and so on.

You're the biggest fraud on here as far as I'm concerned. I don't take ANYTHING you say seriously. Your threads and posts have a certain 8th grade mentality to them. Fun to read and laugh but that's about it.

And, Romney was right about the Navy. The Navy confirms it. :lol:

I didn't say that.

I asked him, essentially, if telling some lie about Romney was going to change anyone's vote with respect to the issue in question.

Last edited:

Link?

“By adding a definitive victory in New Hampshire to his win in Iowa, Governor Mitt Romney has established himself as a candidate who can unite Republicans and a clear threat to Barack Obama in November,” said R. Clarke Cooper, Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director. “Governor Romney was consistently clear in the debates that he opposes discrimination based on sexual orientation. While he continues to support a constitutional amendment banning marriage equality – a position Log Cabin strongly opposes – he is also on record saying that such an amendment has been tried, rejected, and is unlikely to ever succeed.

Romney has also taken a position that the repeal of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ has been settled, and he would not seek to reinstitute the ban on open service."

Log Cabin Republicans on Mitt Romney's New Hampshire Win

Last edited:

Forum List

Back