Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds

You can't say something needs to be ended and is illegal...then turn around and use it. WTF.

The two are separate issues. We're talking about Bachmann's hypocrisy. I'm all for discussing the merits/evils of the other...but let's stick to one discussion at a time and not deflect, shall we?

Jeez you are silly.

A doctor or medical facility does not "use" an isurance company.
A doctor or medical facility treats a patient and someone pays them for it...either the patient or an insurance company REPRESENTING the patient.

Yopu just want to jump on the "bash Bacjmann" bandwagon.

You are way to childish to debate anything with

please explain what Backmann or Bachmanns husband did wrong.

Easy. She yelled about the evils of Medicare and how bad it is for the country, while at the same time her family was benefiting from it. That's like saying you morally object to capital punishment, but "Hey, as long as we can kill people, line 'em up!"

Someone already wrote in this thread that this would be a great opportunity for Bachman to talk about the REALITY of Medicare, which is that some people really need and some smaller clinics really benefit from it. It's not evil, it's a good thing for this country.

shows you how naive you are damimstupid....

How does her family benefit from it?

If medicaid doesnt pay him, then the patient will.....or should he turn away any patient that is poor andneeds to use medicaid?

And what about you...are you a hypocrite?

I have seen you rally against major corporations on here...do you drink coca cola....do you use Windows to get on this site?

You can't say something needs to be ended and is illegal...then turn around and use it. WTF.
Sure you can. Drives the point home faster.

Yeah, because during Prohibition, everyone who was screaming about banning alcohol was also running out to get drunk every night to "drive the point home faster".

Don't be a fool.
Huh... Tell me. How long did it take to end Prohibition despite the outcry from the crazed and powerful Temperance movements? Oh that's right... under 13 years.

please explain what Backmann or Bachmanns husband did wrong.

Easy. She yelled about the evils of Medicare and how bad it is for the country, while at the same time her family was benefiting from it. That's like saying you morally object to capital punishment, but "Hey, as long as we can kill people, line 'em up!"

Someone already wrote in this thread that this would be a great opportunity for Bachman to talk about the REALITY of Medicare, which is that some people really need and some smaller clinics really benefit from it. It's not evil, it's a good thing for this country.

I don't know of anybody that ever had to deal with Medicaid who would say the benefited from it.

You're missing the point. It's not that she used them or her husband did. It's the hypocrisy of saying all that stuff is bad...then her actions saying the opposite.

Seeing as how she doesn't run the clinic or work in the clinic nor does she have any say in how the clients will pay for the services I'm curious What "actions" did she do that the left finds so absolutely horrible.

Lets check out your honesty and integrity Dontbestupid and Vanquish...

If Bachmanns husbands facility was found to be turning away patients becuase they could only afford medicaid...

1) do you think there would be a posting on this forum wriotten by someone on the left criticizing Bachmann for making her husband apply her political ideology ahead of the needs of the patients..

2) If the were such a posting..... would you be heralding Bachmann for practicing what she preaches or criticizing her for allowing her politics to come ahead of the needs of the public.

I would like to see your answer....but I bet both of you will ignore this post.

Making BOTH of you the hypocrites.....not Bachmann.

You're missing the point. It's not that she used them or her husband did. It's the hypocrisy of saying all that stuff is bad...then her actions saying the opposite.

Seeing as how she doesn't run the clinic or work in the clinic nor does she have any say in how the clients will pay for the services I'm curious What "actions" did she do that the left finds so absolutely horrible.
Oh that's just crazy talk. She exists, therefore she's guilty of something. We just have to allege till something sticks.

None.

THe docotors dont "use" insurance companies.

The patients do.

If medicaid doesnt pay him, then the patient will

Seriously? Or if the patient can't pay then maybe the patient doesn't even go to the clinic and then the clinic has less money to pay bills so it lays off workers or closes.

Face it, her family benefited from Medicare.

Seriously? Or if the patient can't pay then maybe the patient doesn't even go to the clinic and then the clinic has less money to pay bills so it lays off workers or closes.

Really?

Or maybe they turn the pateint away making room for other patients with commercial insurance?

You ARE aware that medicaid reimburses a lot less than commercial carriers...

Do you know anything about the medical industry?

Or only the fact that pediatricians take out tonsils for the money...even if the kid doesnt need them out.

LMAO...your naevity is pathetic.

Asked and answered. But I will again.

As a liberal, clearly I am in favour of the patients using Medicare and the clinics accepting the money. That's not the issue and has never been the issue.

The issue, is that her husband's clinic is benefiting from Medicare and therefore she is and her family is too. At the same time, Bachman has been drooling at the mouth over the prospect of eliminating the program. Of course, lately she has backed off that a bit due it being politically unpopular, but still.

As a liberal, clearly I am in favour of the patients using Medicare and the clinics accepting the money. That's not the issue and has never been the issue.

The issue, is that her husband's clinic is benefiting from Medicare and therefore she is and her family is too. At the same time, Bachman has been drooling at the mouth over the prospect of eliminating the program. Of course, lately she has backed off that a bit due it being politically unpopular, but still.

So by extension her Foster children are also guilty of the heinous crime of association by the mere fact that they also take medicaid...Right?

uhhhh huh. Throwing your own ethics under the bus I see. It's bad for HER family to get what you demand that all other take and use but anyone else is a fucking saint.

Secondly, you're going to have to prove that the money did not go to the therapists and other employee support and facilities. Do you complain about the patients that pay the difference that support the practice fully out of their own pockets? No. In fact! You want to take away from these patients their ability to pay for it themselves all for your self righteous desire to force others to obey your ethics.

Sodamnstupid, you really need to stop now.

Then by your own ethics and beliefs, Bachmann is a saint for doing precisely what you want.

I don't work in the medical industry and have never claimed to be an expert. I do know a thing or two about economics. Namely, if a consumer can't pay for a product, that consumer won't consume that product. You are falling in to the supply-side trap by assuming that if a product is made or offered, it will be consumed, always. That's simply not true.

If all her husband's clients with Medicare lost their Medicare tomorrow, it is dishonest to say that every single spot would be filled with a client with commercial insurance. It wouldn't happen.

Face it. She's preaching against something her family benefits from. It's pretty obvious.

So by extension her Foster children are also guilty of the heinous crime of association by the mere fact that they also take medicaid...Right?

No. Obviously not. Why are you guys so fixated on the accepting Medicare part of this? While you refuse to acknowledge that Bachman voted to eliminate Medicare? Did her foster children vote to end Medicare? No.

Seriously, stay on topic.

I don't work in the medical industry and have never claimed to be an expert. I do know a thing or two about economics. Namely, if a consumer can't pay for a product, that consumer won't consume that product. You are falling in to the supply-side trap by assuming that if a product is made or offered, it will be consumed, always. That's simply not true.

If all her husband's clients with Medicare lost their Medicare tomorrow, it is dishonest to say that every single spot would be filled with a client with commercial insurance. It wouldn't happen.

Face it. She's preaching against something her family benefits from. It's pretty obvious.
You are falling in to the supply-side trap
If it's a trap, please let me step into such a nice one. I'll be stuck in there with truth.

Straw man. If Medicare and Medicaid ended tomorrow, that would be about 30% of the entire US budget that would be refunded in taxes. That's a whole lot that can end up in investment and charitable giving. The business wouldn't come back fast, but it WOULD come back. The problem still remains that government mandated coverage and restricted markets would still keep insurance prices high, but once those barriers are removed, much as they are for auto insurance, the price of medical insurance would PLUMMET, PLUS the market could float to it's appropriate level and therefore become affordable with those who suddenly gained a big bump to their income by less tax being collected.

How about a little fire, scarecrow?

While you refuse to acknowledge that Bachman voted to eliminate Medicare?

Nope. I'm not running from it at all. It is the right thing to do. But her husband obeying the laws and following appropriate avenues to help the poor in which government left us to use, does not change the fact that she's right. It needs to end. By your logic, every union member is a supporter of the union instead of coerced captive members.

Last edited:

Let me explain something to you....learn something here.....THIS IS IMPORTANT AND ACURATE

The medical industry does not have an issue with "generating business"...
Their number one issue is insurance reimbursement...
The biggest issue is Medicare as they reimburse the least...and take the longets to reimburse...and "deny" more often than they should.

Truth is....most doctors, hospitals and medical facilities would LOVE to deny patients on Medicare...but they dont becuase it is the wrong thing to do...

The fact that Bachmanns husbands facility accepts medicare is not an indication if his greed...he can easily refuse the patients and replace them with commercial insurance users.....he does it becuase it is the right thing to do....it is unfair to turn away the poor for political reasons.

But the left has found a way to critiicize him for it....and they know people like you will jump on the bandwagon.

Stop it...it makes you look silly and naive.

That is sad.

No. Obviously not. Why are you guys so fixated on the accepting Medicare part of this? While you refuse to acknowledge that Bachman voted to eliminate Medicare? Did her foster children vote to end Medicare? No.

Seriously, stay on topic.

Then how do you explain that she and her Husband "benefited" yet her Husband didn't have any say in the vote but he is guiltily by association but not her foster children who equally benefited from this truly horrible action. Just how does that work?

The Topic is illustrating the insanity of the left and its need to display its extreme agenda.

Forum List

Back