Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds

Gawd.

Can you imagine if a Rep beats Barry Boy??

TDM will probably have a meltdown of USMB.

I can hardly wait. LOL
I believe suicide watch and possibly a coronary is in the cards if such a thing happens..

SHE AND HER FAMILY ARE BENEFITING FROM.

Source of proof that she is? I want to see numbers. Mediaid money going into her pocket, and not being used to pay HIS staff, associates and facility costs.

Fact...he does not benefit from medicare

Utterly false.

Actually, 100% true.
You say false ignoring the facts.

And I thought you said your livlihood revolves around your economics education.

If it did, then you would know that it is deemed a detriment when you make a business decision that you know will make you less money than an alternative decision....not a benefit.

And you admit you are not involved in the medical industry. My larget client is a medical equipment supplier.

Medicare has the worst reimbursement program. He waits 6 months to get paid and only gets an average of 62% of what he bills....whereas he gets an average of 76% from his commercial carriers.

He takes medicare patients anyway becuase it is wrong to deny them.

He is overloaded with business and would make more moeny if he did not take medicarew patients as he would be able to service other commerical patients.

You are wrong....learn something.

Lets check out your honesty and integrity Dontbestupid and Vanquish...

If Bachmanns husbands facility was found to be turning away patients becuase they could only afford medicaid...

1) do you think there would be a posting on this forum wriotten by someone on the left criticizing Bachmann for making her husband apply her political ideology ahead of the needs of the patients..

2) If the were such a posting..... would you be heralding Bachmann for practicing what she preaches or criticizing her for allowing her politics to come ahead of the needs of the public.

I would like to see your answer....but I bet both of you will ignore this post.

Making BOTH of you the hypocrites.....not Bachmann.

Bullshit. Im at work or in court all day so if you float a post by me and I miss it, that doesnt make me a hypocrite, ass muncher.

The answer to your first question is "sure, such a post exists"...did I write it? No. I didn't. Next question.

The answer to your second question is "Id rather she practice what she preaches."

See, quite easily done.

the fact that she is doing the right thing by trying to shut down a MASSIVE waste of money for an unconstitutional program.

A massive waste of money from an unconstitutional program that SHE AND HER FAMILY ARE BENEFITING FROM.

i melt yer face

viagifcat38490534.gif

you are acting like a child.
You are wrong.

Medicare is a service to the people.
Doctors that accept medicare patients are not benefitting from it....they are giving back to the community by accepting them.

You are a very naive person....you are the iedeal tool for the democratic party.

I pity you...you are being used.

You refuse to learn...you just want the left talking heads to be right.

Lets check out your honesty and integrity Dontbestupid and Vanquish...

If Bachmanns husbands facility was found to be turning away patients becuase they could only afford medicaid...

1) do you think there would be a posting on this forum wriotten by someone on the left criticizing Bachmann for making her husband apply her political ideology ahead of the needs of the patients..

2) If the were such a posting..... would you be heralding Bachmann for practicing what she preaches or criticizing her for allowing her politics to come ahead of the needs of the public.

I would like to see your answer....but I bet both of you will ignore this post.

Making BOTH of you the hypocrites.....not Bachmann.

Bullshit. Im at work or in court all day so if you float a post by me and I miss it, that doesnt make me a hypocrite, ass muncher.

The answer to your first question is "sure, such a post exists"...did I write it? No. I didn't. Next question.

The answer to your second question is "Id rather she practice what she preaches."

See, quite easily done.

learn to read...then re-read my post...then get back to me with an answer that makes sense.

the fact that she is doing the right thing by trying to shut down a MASSIVE waste of money for an unconstitutional program.

A massive waste of money from an unconstitutional program that SHE AND HER FAMILY ARE BENEFITING FROM.

i melt yer face

viagifcat38490534.gif

you are acting like a child.
You are wrong.

Medicare is a service to the people.
Doctors that accept medicare patients are not benefitting from it....they are giving back to the community by accepting them.

You are a very naive person....you are the iedeal tool for the democratic party.

I pity you...you are being used.

You refuse to learn...you just want the left talking heads to be right.
The fact that Medicaid also pays only about 55 cents on the dollar for care doesn't make the gubmint look to saintly either.

Bachmann is a piker.

Columbia/HCA, current FL Governor Rick Scott's old company cheated, bilked, defrauded (use whatever word works best for you) Medicare back in the 90's and ended up paying over $600 Million in fines after being charged with 14 felony counts.
Columbia/HCA fraud case detailsOn March 19, 1997, investigators from the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Health and Human Services served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso and on dozens of doctors with suspected ties to the company.[19]

Following the raids, the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO.[20] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[21][22][23]

In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.
In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space. They also admitted fraudulently billing Medicare and other health programs by inflating the seriousness of diagnoses and to giving doctors partnerships in company hospitals as a kickback for the doctors referring patients to HCA. They filed false cost reports, fraudulently billing Medicare for home health care workers, and paid kickbacks in the sale of home health agencies and to doctors to refer patients. In addition, they gave doctors "loans" never intending to be repaid, free rent, free office furniture, and free drugs from hospital pharmacies.[3][4][5][6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott

Last edited:
This story is the equivalent of the Republicans in Congress who voted against the stimulus in 2009 and then got caught posing with the big stimulus checks their districts received...

...IOW...one more tediously familiar story of petty rightwing hypocrisy.

This story is the equivalent of the Republicans in Congress who voted against the stimulus in 2009 and then got caught posing with the big stimulus checks their districts received...

Ahhhh the mud is thrown in the water to say that all conservatives are unethical! A little late, but not surprising.

SHE AND HER FAMILY ARE BENEFITING FROM.
Source of proof that she is? I want to see numbers. Mediaid money going into her pocket, and not being used to pay HIS staff, associates and facility costs.

She has no financial interest in the operation?

Is a hausfrau at fault for her husband's actions?

He who asserts must also prove.

And your proof is..... where?

Yeah...how dare they vote against the stiumulus...lose the vote.....have their consituants be forced to pay their fair share...and not prevent their consituatns from getting something in return.

How dare they.

You are a farce NYCarbineer.

A pathetic misguided partisan charleton.

I see right through you.

As usual, fitzee is full of lies, and full of shit

another person whoi cries "liar" without saying what or disproving anything.

Sort of like those that say fox news lies.
UYou ask them for proof and they cite two things:

1) A lawsuit from a disgruntled employee of years ago
2) a picture that is of a location, but not on the day it was alleged to have been taken.

Of course....the results of the study of the non partisan Pew research Center is irrelevant

Yeah...how dare they vote against the stiumulus...lose the vote.....have their consituants be forced to pay their fair share...and not prevent their consituatns from getting something in return.

How dare they.

You are a farce NYCarbineer.

A pathetic misguided partisan charleton.

I see right through you.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

seems bachman has more trouble than stealing petty's music

While Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., has forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the "welfare rolls," the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005, according to new figures obtained by NBC News.

blah blah blah

"She's giving hypocrisy a bad name," said Ron Pollock, executive director of Families USA, a consumer health care advocacy group, when asked about the Medicaid payments to Bachmann & Associates. "It's clear when it feathers her nest she's happy for Medicaid expenditures. But people that really need it — folks with disabilities and seniors — she's turning their backs on them."

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

It would be helpful to know what those 'forcefully denouncing' statements against Medicaid were? They should be included in context to make more sense of the op, otherwise, big deal? Find one clinic or doctor's office in the US who hasn't accepted Medicaid payments?

You should have read the article.

The 'blah blah blah' that the poster conveniently cut out of the article included:

When Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton signed an executive order earlier this year expanding the state's Medicaid program for more than 95,000 state residents, Bachmann was joined state Republican lawmakers in denouncing the move.

"Right now, Governor Dayton is wanting to commit Minnesota taxpayers to add even more welfare recipients on the welfare rolls at a very great cost," Bachmann said at a news conference in St. Paul in January.

As usual, fitzee is full of lies, and full of shit

another person whoi cries "liar" without saying what or disproving anything.

Sort of like those that say fox news lies.
UYou ask them for proof and they cite two things:

1) A lawsuit from a disgruntled employee of years ago
2) a picture that is of a location, but not on the day it was alleged to have been taken.

Of course....the results of the study of the non partisan Pew research Center is irrelevant
Same old playbook. It's the severity of the charge, not the veracity of the charge that matters. "OldSalt" isn't fooling anyone but the terminally stupid and his socks.

seems bachman has more trouble than stealing petty's music

While Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., has forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the "welfare rolls," the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005, according to new figures obtained by NBC News.

blah blah blah

"She's giving hypocrisy a bad name," said Ron Pollock, executive director of Families USA, a consumer health care advocacy group, when asked about the Medicaid payments to Bachmann & Associates. "It's clear when it feathers her nest she's happy for Medicaid expenditures. But people that really need it — folks with disabilities and seniors — she's turning their backs on them."

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

It would be helpful to know what those 'forcefully denouncing' statements against Medicaid were? They should be included in context to make more sense of the op, otherwise, big deal? Find one clinic or doctor's office in the US who hasn't accepted Medicaid payments?

You should have read the article.

The 'blah blah blah' that the poster conveniently cut out of the article included:

When Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton signed an executive order earlier this year expanding the state's Medicaid program for more than 95,000 state residents, Bachmann was joined state Republican lawmakers in denouncing the move.

"Right now, Governor Dayton is wanting to commit Minnesota taxpayers to add even more welfare recipients on the welfare rolls at a very great cost," Bachmann said at a news conference in St. Paul in January.
I read the article. It's a farce. The real scandal is that MSLSD is not being sued.

Forum List

Back