Schumer makes a great suggestion, what will the Repubs do?

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Schumer questions GOP sincerity on job creation - CBS News

The New York Democrat said his colleagues in the Senate would be introducing a number of measures aimed at creating jobs, including one that provides tax breaks to companies that hire new workers.

"That is aimed at sort of bringing our Republican colleagues along to do something" about the struggling U.S. economy, which created just 54,000 jobs in May, Schumer said on CBS News' "Face the Nation."

"If they are against a business tax cut to help employment, they have always been for business tax cuts in the past, you gotta wonder, maybe they don't want the economy to grow," said Schumer, the number three Democrat in the Senate.

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) earlier on the program said policymakers in Washington "need to quit doing what we have been doing" and said massive government spending programs to aid the economy over the past few years "didn't do any good."

Schumer countered that the $830 billion spending program approved in 2009 prevented what would have been a second Great Depression.

The sparring between Democrats and Republicans over how to reduce unemployment is likely to intensify in coming weeks a statutory deadline for Congress to raise its self-imposed borrowing limit approaches.

Simple and as plain as day right facking there, hire the people you earn your business tax cut, if trickle down tax cuts would create jobs why aren't the Repubs jumping up and down all over this?

Of course they won't go for it...The Corporate world doesn't want to hire AMERICANS. There are always excuses from the right wingers on why Big Business isn't hiring from within the country.

Unfortunately....none of those excuses have anything to do with greed and always seem to push the blame on the workforce... you know, regular people trying to make ends meet?

The New York Democrat said his colleagues in the Senate would be introducing a number of measures aimed at creating jobs, including one that provides tax breaks to companies that hire new workers.

"That is aimed at sort of bringing our Republican colleagues along to do something" about the struggling U.S. economy, which created just 54,000 jobs in May, Schumer said on CBS News' "Face the Nation."

"If they are against a business tax cut to help employment, they have always been for business tax cuts in the past, you gotta wonder, maybe they don't want the economy to grow," said Schumer, the number three Democrat in the Senate.

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) earlier on the program said policymakers in Washington "need to quit doing what we have been doing" and said massive government spending programs to aid the economy over the past few years "didn't do any good."

Schumer countered that the $830 billion spending program approved in 2009 prevented what would have been a second Great Depression.

The sparring between Democrats and Republicans over how to reduce unemployment is likely to intensify in coming weeks a statutory deadline for Congress to raise its self-imposed borrowing limit approaches.

Simple and as plain as day right facking there, hire the people you earn your business tax cut, if trickle down tax cuts would create jobs why aren't the Repubs jumping up and down all over this?

you gotta be Facking Shating me.....

So is it a bad plan people?

For every hire you get a tax cut.

Sounds right up the republican alley.

Do you disapprove?

Because, as we all know, raising the debt ceiling is a sign of failed leadership.

Yeah... failed leadership since Reagan... you're right. But you refuse to see that, don't you? You want to pin everything on Obama. Which I have no problem saying that Obama is just another cog in the wheel, but he most certainly isn't the only one.

Because, as we all know, raising the debt ceiling is a sign of failed leadership.

Try a different topic C.O.G. and quit trying to derail the thread. Schumer put a great suggestion out their, one that gives businesses an incentive for hiring new workers, so what's it going to be, a reasonable discussion or a duck-your-head-in-the-sand reply?

Do you disapprove?

Rightwingers are always short on answers to simple questions, look at Harry and COG's response.

Better to be short on answers than to not understand the fucking question, which is your basic problem, idiot. I'm not paid to provide you with solutions. Pray to your Messiah. He'll save you.

you gotta be Facking Shating me.....

They don't allow hydraulic facking in NY.

why are the peopel on the right failing to answer the question?

do they need to wait for their marching orders?

Do you disapprove?

Rightwingers are always short on answers to simple questions, look at Harry and COG's response.

Better to be short on answers than to not understand the fucking question, which is your basic problem, idiot. I'm not paid to provide you with solutions. Pray to your Messiah. He'll save you.

What fack are you talking about? The question is as simple as apple pie, if you can't answer you have the facking problem, better yet you haven't even commented on Schumer's proposal.

What fack are you talking about? The question is as simple as apple pie, if you can't answer you have the facking problem, better yet you haven't even commented on Schumer's proposal.

I don't overly care aabout it. I don't actually read your bullshit, or waste my time giving any thought to it.... but mocking your stupidity is vaguely entertaining.

Few workers are going to be hired just because some corporation is going to get a tax cut.

Hell! folks., half the corporations in the USA already have so many tax breaks that they don't pay ANY taxes anyway.

Wealthy corporations will not be encentivized to hire more workers until they are encentivized by something REAL.

End foolish free trade and just watch how quickly there'ld be new hires in THIS nation.

Try it and see if the unemploymment rate doesn't drop and stay low within just a few years.

Or alternatively continue to encentivize corporations to make stuff offshore to sell it here and we'll continue to witness as more and more Americans are unable to find a job.

Additionally, as more and more Ameircans go back to work, watch as the national debt starts to go back to something less alarming.

I'm telling yas, most of what is wrong with our economy is founded on the mistaken notion that FREE TRADE means STUPID trade policies that only help the STAGGERINGLY RICH.

Last edited:
why are the peopel on the right failing to answer the question?

do they need to wait for their marching orders?

They're waiting for the Teabastards to weigh in, come to think of it, the original Tea Party said no taxation without representation, well the Teabastards have more than enough representation so why are they against taxation??? :confused:

I don't overly care aabout it. I don't actually read your bullshit, or waste my time giving any thought to it.... but mocking your stupidity is vaguely entertaining.

So why are you posting in the thread? Satisfying your insatiable need to troll me?

I sometimes wonder how a person like yourself, that is supposed to be intelligent, thinks that another multi-billion dollar spending program that is intended to raise taxes is going to solve the debt problems.

And cutting taxes isn't the answer right now ether.

That's the problem with folks on they left. They just don't listen.

Last edited:
Its very telling they woint weight in.

They cant answer until someone on the top desides what they are supposed to think about this.

What a bunch of puppets

Try a different topic C.O.G. and quit trying to derail the thread. Schumer put a great suggestion out their, one that gives businesses an incentive for hiring new workers, so what's it going to be, a reasonable discussion or a duck-your-head-in-the-sand reply?

If giving a tax cut for hiring new workers if the only thing in the bill I'll say it's a good idea. I've got a feeling there is a lot more to the bill than that one clause.

Forum List

Back