AZ Sheriff hires 400-person posse to hunt down Hispanics suspected to be illegals!

You know people, CNN showed a tape last night that was taken over the weekend of an Arizona sheriff on patrol when the forward looking radar on his patrol car clocked a car going in the opposite direction going well over the speed limit. He flipped a bitch, cuaght up with the car and pulled it over. There were at least six people in the cab of the car. The driver took off running. The cop stayed with the car and did the routine check of all passengers. While doing so, he heard noises coming from the truck. It was opened and three more people came crawling out. The officer was asking for ID, none of them could produce any so, they were hauled off for further investigation. Turns out they had crossed the border illegally. The law worked as it was designed too. There was no profiling, It was a simple routine traffic stop of a speeder violating the law, with the officer professionally following the rule of law. And that is exactly how the law will be handled despite the bullshit you loons want to spew.

And coincidentally, a perfect example for those wondering what "behaving like an illegal imimigrant" looks like.

Here is the difference between the fed law and this unconstittional law in Arizona. They are now allowed to stop anyone they deem "suspicious"ly brown.

That is nazi like.

Can you quote a specific para in the Law or are you merely running your mouth with stale leftwing asshole media blathering points, eh.

Yeah, I'd love to see this hidden paragraph in the law he found that has the phrase "suspiciously brown".

THATS THE REAL STORY HERE not some made up article by a newspaper endorsing our new version of Mexican slavery.

You're not helping: The Spin is all that counts

How many urban New Yorkers know what a Posse really does?

If I write that they Lynch Mexicans, then they'll believe me.

Do you know how many of these urban New York dipshits think we're still out here, playing cowboys and Indians and are surprised to find out that we have large, modern cities? MORE modern than theirs, in some respects, since OUR streets weren't originally designed for horse-drawn carriages.

Yes, really. Do you even read the links you post? The law is quite clear, and the person who wrote that "article" for PolitiFact is injecting his own understanding (which is incorrect) into his writing.

The bill clearly says

Which means that when an officer makes any "lawful contact" with someone he may ask for proof of citizenship. That's what the law says, it's really not that difficult to understand.

I'm telling you the FACTS that the law spells out. Your link deals with OPINIONS which are not FACTS, and neither are these opinions part of the law.

I know you don't like to deal with facts, but they are right there, and really aren't to difficult to understand.

Rick

A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON
IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED
ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

This means, if a person is suspiciously brown, they can do what they want.

Still dont get it?

You might try putting that in the context of the bill. The bill clearly says that the law enforcement officer has to come into contact with that person in a lawful way. There is no "that person looks Mexican, let's stop them and ask them for papers" scenario allowed by this bill.

Still don't get it?

Rick

I'm still trying to figure out why these leftists seem to think all our cops are white.

Why do you insist on making this about race (which mexican isn't a race but why bore you with facts)? Nowhere does it mention skin color in the paragraph you cited.

Where in this bill does it say they have a provision to stop Illegal Canadians,Dutch, Italian, Polish etc?

How will they be able to spot them? Stop skirting around it, the only way to tell an illegal by sight is by skin color, period. Dont be childish.

The bill doesn't specify any particular race, ethnicity or country of origin. But you would have known that, had you read the bill.

"the only way to tell an illegal by sight is by skin color"

That would be racial profiling which is illegal and says so in the bill, you know the bill that you haven't read.

You do know there are currently about 50 thousand illegal immigrants in this country from Ireland, so how is your criteria (racial profiling) going to aid in capturing and deporting those people?

In a state where 30-40% of the LEGAL residents claim Hispanic/Mexican/Latino heritage, what kind of insane dumbass would be trying to "tell illegals by sight", anyway? Might as well try to find them by blindfolding yourself and pointing at people at random.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, have any of these leftists ever stopped to THINK about what life and people in Arizona are actually LIKE?!

And, to illustrate everything that I've been talking about concerning potential abuses of this law we have:

Sheriff Joe Arpario, who has hired 400 deputies in a sort of permanent posse to search for and arrest Hispanics suspected of being illegal immigrants.

Here's an interesting read on the Sheriff's other abuses:

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US - Americas, World - The Independent

Excerpts from Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US, By David Usborne:

****Note: this thread replaces the previous one that was rightly deleted for copyrighted content - Vast.

ROFLMNAO!

GO JOE!

Well, if Joe has driven 50% of the Illegals out of Pheonix, then he's halfway done.

Let's not lose site of the fact that Illegals do not have a right to go to church in Pheonix.

Sheriff Joe is the truest essence of an American. He dismisses entirely, the 'feelings' of the Ideological Left... He rejects the specious rationalizations by the Progressives that Illegals have RIGHTS...

ILLEGALS HAVE NO RIGHTS, beyond the basic human rights common to ALL human beings... NOT ONE OF WHICH ENTITLES THEM TO COME TO THE UNITED STATES AND DEMAND THAT THEIR EXISTENCE BE SUBSIDIZED BY SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course, NO ONE has such a right... thus the reason that the Moderate Centrist Mainstream Progressives (AKA: Anti-Americans) HATE HIS ASS!

Yeah ignore all the allegations that he abuses power he hunts down dem brown people he must be a true American.

I'm certainly ignoring them until someone produces something more than allegations, something sane people like to call "hard evidence". It's that whole pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing. Maybe you've heard of it?

Depends on how many American citizens of Hispanic decent that are participating in suspicious behavior.

By suspicious behavior, you mean by being brown of course.

No, I don't, and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Illegals come in all races and colors just like Americans. IMO, they should ALL be deported, every last one of them. To allow them to stay is a slap in the face to every legal immigrant in this nation, not to mention the millions of people who were denied entry into this country and didn't break our laws and come anyway.

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Zona that, in a state where (as I've noted before) 30-40% of the legal population claims Hispanic heritage, there's not actually anything "suspicious" about being "brown", which I find an incredibly racist terminology, by the way. Being Mexican is actually just about as normal and UNsuspicious as can be around here.

ROFLMNAO!

GO JOE!

Well, if Joe has driven 50% of the Illegals out of Pheonix, then he's halfway done.

Let's not lose site of the fact that Illegals do not have a right to go to church in Pheonix.

Sheriff Joe is the truest essence of an American. He dismisses entirely, the 'feelings' of the Ideological Left... He rejects the specious rationalizations by the Progressives that Illegals have RIGHTS...

ILLEGALS HAVE NO RIGHTS, beyond the basic human rights common to ALL human beings... NOT ONE OF WHICH ENTITLES THEM TO COME TO THE UNITED STATES AND DEMAND THAT THEIR EXISTENCE BE SUBSIDIZED BY SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course, NO ONE has such a right... thus the reason that the Moderate Centrist Mainstream Progressives (AKA: Anti-Americans) HATE HIS ASS!

Yeah ignore all the allegations that he abuses power he hunts down dem brown people he must be a true American.

I'm certainly ignoring them until someone produces something more than allegations, something sane people like to call "hard evidence". It's that whole pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing. Maybe you've heard of it?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Wants to Know What Websites You've Visited - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

If that's not abuse it's very close.

It's also worth mentioning he's under investigation by the FBI, the department of justice and federal attorney general for abuse of power.

I'm sure it's all one big misunderstanding.

Last edited:
What really bothers me is that we've been down this path before out here. At least Chandler, Arizona has when in July 1997 the local police teamed up with the Border Patrol and were stopping cars occupied by Hispanics to snare illegals. To summarized how that went, Chandler settled out-of-court for $500,000 and instituted a bunch of Mexican cultural events to repair relations with the community. Speaking of which, Chandler tomorrow is holding its annual Cinco de Mayo Celebration that features the popular Chihuahua Races and the crowning of the King and Queen Chihuahua. I have to admit I've enjoyed Cinco de Mayo out here much more than I ever did St. Patricks Day - the Mexicans have way better food.

Last edited:
They may not care about my "200 bucks", but they'll certainly care about the "200 Bucks" of millions of potential tourists.

And Arizona has a MASSIVE tourism industry. My firm retreat was in Scottsdale last year. I bet it won't be again this year.

And when the AZ economy goes belly-up, maybe Arizonians will take a good look at themselves and realize that there's a reason no-one likes them.

You are forgetting one thing. 70% of the people in Arizona are in favor of this new law, if that carries over nationally, they will be getting more income from more tourists as a lot of people will want to support them for that law, myself included.

If you are supportive of Arizona's right to defend and protect itself when the federal government refuses to, we would LOVE to have you visit.

Visit? If it were a few years later, I might actually move there. :D

Got to wait until hubby retires.

A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON
IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED
ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

This means, if a person is suspiciously brown, they can do what they want.

Still dont get it?

You might try putting that in the context of the bill. The bill clearly says that the law enforcement officer has to come into contact with that person in a lawful way. There is no "that person looks Mexican, let's stop them and ask them for papers" scenario allowed by this bill.

Still don't get it?

Rick

I'm still trying to figure out why these leftists seem to think all our cops are white.

Same reason they didn't jump to the defense of Ramos and Compean.

They seem to defend those breaking the law, not those that obey it or enforce it.

By suspicious behavior, you mean by being brown of course.

No, I don't, and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Illegals come in all races and colors just like Americans. IMO, they should ALL be deported, every last one of them. To allow them to stay is a slap in the face to every legal immigrant in this nation, not to mention the millions of people who were denied entry into this country and didn't break our laws and come anyway.

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Zona that, in a state where (as I've noted before) 30-40% of the legal population claims Hispanic heritage, there's not actually anything "suspicious" about being "brown", which I find an incredibly racist terminology, by the way. Being Mexican is actually just about as normal and UNsuspicious as can be around here.

Mexico is also a country that was created by immigrants. They aren't all brown. Unfortunately, they are ruled pretty much by the white decedents of the Spanish rulers so it's the "brown" Mexicans that end up coming here illegal, encouraged by their government who want them gone. And then they claim we are racist when we want the illegals out of our country.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Wants to Know What Websites You've Visited - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

It's also worth mentioning he's under investigation by the FBI, the department of justice and federal attorney general for abuse of power.

Of course he is, because as I said before, the dems want the illegals here for votes, the reps want them here for cheap labor. This sherriff is actually doing something our federal government refuses to do, so they have to stop him.

What really bothers me is that we've been down this path before out here. At least Chandler, Arizona has when in July 1997 the local police teamed up with the Border Patrol and were stopping cars occupied by Hispanics to snare illegals. To summarized how that went, Chandler settled out-of-court for $500,000 and instituted a bunch of Mexican cultural events to repair relations with the community. Speaking of which, Chandler tomorrow is holding its annual Cinco de Mayo Celebration that features the popular Chihuahua Races and the crowning of the King and Queen Chihuahua. I have to admit I've enjoyed Cinco de Mayo out here much more than I ever did St. Patricks Day - the Mexicans have way better food.

Won't get an argument from my, and my ancestors are Irish. :D

Which of course is why the ended up here. They were starving in Ireland. The Mexicans coming here aren't starving.

Of course he is, because as I said before, the dems want the illegals here for votes, the reps want them here for cheap labor. This sherriff is actually doing something our federal government refuses to do, so they have to stop him.

One man abusing power, no can't be true, 3 different entities being involved in a conspiracy against one man, now that's plausible :cuckoo:

Although please share with us your evidence that all of 3 of them are doing it purely for political gain.

Last edited:

The only thing being abused here is my patience when I ask you for proof and you give me leftwing opinion pieces and propaganda. Stop wasting my time.

The only thing being abused here is my patience when I ask you for proof and you give me leftwing opinion pieces and propaganda. Stop wasting my time.

Reason isn't left wing try again.

Attacking the source isn't a valid argument, try again.

And if you're too lazy too follow links

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-10-18/news/breathtaking-abuse-of-the-constitution/

Last edited:

Reason isn't left wing try again.

Attacking the source isn't a valid argument, try again.

And if you're too lazy too follow links

Breathtaking Abuse of the Constitution - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times

Maybe it isn't leftwing to YOU, but what's that worth? They're writing a story based on a story by the Phoenix New Times, AND contradicting themselves in the first two paragraphs. Color me unimpressed, and take your ass back to the drawing board to find a source I don't laugh at even more than I do you.

Attacking the source IS a valid argument when the source is a steaming pile of shit. Memo to the thinking-impaired: just because you can find it on the Internet doesn't mean it deserves respect. After all, YOU are on the Internet.

You have not offered any proof that the Phoenix New Times is wrong you're just insisting they're wrong, because you think they are. Now run along and show us how that newspaper is an invalid source.

You have not offered any proof that the Phoenix New Times is wrong you're just insisting they're wrong, because you think they are. Now run along and show us how that newspaper is an invalid source.

I'm also not offering you proof that the guy with the Internet blog insisting that he was kidnapped and anally probed by aliens is wrong, for exactly the same reason: it's a redundant waste of time, because only jackasses would believe it.

I live in Arizona. I'm intimately familiar with the "work" of the Phoenix New Times. I not only think they're an inferior source of news, I also think they're an inferior cat box liner. One really need only look as far as the phrase "alternative weekly" to know that we are not talking about a real newspaper, but a biased propaganda rag. On the other hand, I don't really expect that you bothered to truly read your own link. I'm pretty sure you just went, "Whoo hoo! Someone who agrees with me!" Which, by the way, isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of their trustworthiness, either.

Now run along and find a REAL source of substantiation, and don't waste any more of my time expecting me to validate your shitty research skills.

Forum List

Back