Awesome to Be Catholic

Great homily by a great priest today in our parish.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

Maybe the Atheists and Muslims will give you a little boost.

We're not.

The most pro-war poster on this entire board playing the holier than thou card, GREAT WORK:clap2:!!!

Oh no, now I'm going to get a neg rep with misspelled curse words!!!!!!

The most pro-war poster on this entire board playing the holier than thou card, GREAT WORK:clap2:!!!

Where did you ever get the idea I am "pro war?" I've been shot at. You haven't It ain't pretty. Why don't you enlist and serve your country once and for all, you freeloading inbred knuckle-dragging asswipe.

Where did you ever get the idea I am "pro war?" I've been shot at. You haven't It ain't pretty. Why don't you enlist and serve your country once and for all, you freeloading inbred knuckle-dragging asswipe.

All the posts you make about wanting to blow up parts of the middle east.

Then you come on here, pretending you take the new testament and the teachings of Jesus seriously, really is a great thing to put on display.

Like I said, keep up the great work friend! You take the one hour a week christian to a new level.

Then you come on here, pretending you take the new testament and the teachings of Jesus seriously, really is a great thing to put on display.

Like I said, keep up the great work friend! You take the one hour a week christian to a new level.

Parts of the Middle East SHOULD be blown up. In the meantime, people of your ilk should be drafted to be sent in advance to serve as cannon fodder.

Great homily by a great priest today in our parish.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

Maybe the Atheists and Muslims will give you a little boost.

We're not.

Jesus was not a big backer of "let him die" and "if you feed the poor, they'll breed". And I wonder if JFK would have made Jesus "throw up"? Funny, Jesus probably looked way more like Obama than Romney or Santorum. Just sayin'.

Still going with the fallacies of 'let him die' and 'if you feed the poor, they'll breed'? Really?

:lol::lol::lol:

The DP is not a doctrinal issue. It is a policy of the Church. Individual Catholics are free to either support or not support the Church's official policy. You really need to learn the difference between our religious doctrine and the Church's official policies on issues.

Contraception isn't religious doctrine either. Try again!

Yes, it is.

Idiot.

CalGirl I'll ask you this since I know the OP can't give a rational response, but how can catholics approve of a war? Even if they view the war is just, all wars have innocent civilians including children killed in them, which breaks one of the 10 commandments, so shouldn't that mean all catholics should oppose all wars?

CalGirl I'll ask you this since I know the OP can't give a rational response, but how can catholics approve of a war? Even if they view the war is just, all wars have innocent civilians including children killed in them, which breaks one of the 10 commandments, so shouldn't that mean all catholics should oppose all wars?

More ignorance from a non-Catholic.
Get back to your Burka and Koran.

Parts of the Middle East SHOULD be blown up. In the meantime, people of your ilk should be drafted to be sent in advance to serve as cannon fodder.

You've got it all figured out internet tough guy, how could I forget all those times Jesus preached genocide and spoke fondly of mass murder.

You belong right up on the pedestal you've placed yourself where you are condemning others to hell, oh righteous one.

:udaman:

That's why he is asking the question. He doesn't understand and is trying to do so.

Me, I don't understand it either. But, because I don't, it seems that the Church will have little to do with me.

I'm not crushed about that, though.

I wonder how contraception trumps "Thou shalt not kill", when it comes to doctrine?!?! One is definitely in the 10 commandments, while the other isn't. You're just as much a "cafeteria Catholic" as anyone.

Hence the Church disapproves of the DP. I personally don't have a major issue with the DP - I have issues as to how it is used in the US. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics are usually quite capable of thinking for themselves.... on any and every issue. The fact remains, the DP is not a doctrinal issue.... therefore, Catholics are not obliged to follow the Church's policy.... we are required to follow it's doctrines.... otherwise, there really is no point in calling oneself a Catholic.

I can understand that this may be above your intellectual pay grade, but there is jack shit I can do about your intellect.

:lol:

I do it all the time, but it's still funny in the context of telling another poster they are stupid.

So Catholics are able to think for themselves, except when it comes to birth control, then it's ver boten?

Nice..

Depends on the 'birth control', contraception is a doctrinal issue... but it is a venial sin (or forgivable if you prefer).... abortion is a mortal sin.... it's a big, big, big no no to Catholics.

With contraception.... the Church leaves the decision to the individual. Many Catholics use birth control... the Church is aware of, and accepts that. It's not a huge issue - unless you expect the Church to pay for the birth control.... that, it cannot do. Because it is against our religion.

Contraception isn't religious doctrine either. Try again!

Yes, it is.

Idiot.

No, it's a question of conscience. Vast numbers of Catholics serve in our military and do so without condemnation from the Church. Certainly, Catholics take the commandment 'thou shalt not kill' very seriously. For example, the Irish Republican Army (the IRA) were excommunicated en mass from the Church. You cannot be a member of the IRA and a Catholic. Why? Because the IRA deliberately murdered civilians. However, as I said, Catholics serve in the military without any issue. It is context. We cannot - as a matter of faith - murder others... including unborn children - hence our belief that abortion is a mortal sin. Mortal sins are not forgivable.... only God can forgive.... there is no dispensation from the Church for murder. One cannot atone for it on earth.

You've got it all figured out internet tough guy, how could I forget all those times Jesus preached genocide and spoke fondly of mass murder.

You belong right up on the pedestal you've placed yourself where you are condemning others to hell, oh righteous one.

Sometimes filth has to be eradicated, asslips.

That's why he is asking the question. He doesn't understand and is trying to do so.

Me, I don't understand it either. But, because I don't, it seems that the Church will have little to do with me.

We'll take you back... no worries.

Yes, it is.

Idiot.

No, it's a question of conscience. Vast numbers of Catholics serve in our military and do so without condemnation from the Church. Certainly, Catholics take the commandment 'thou shalt not kill' very seriously. For example, the Irish Republican Army (the IRA) were excommunicated en mass from the Church. You cannot be a member of the IRA and a Catholic. Why? Because the IRA deliberately murdered civilians. However, as I said, Catholics serve in the military without any issue. It is context. We cannot - as a matter of faith - murder others... including unborn children - hence our belief that abortion is a mortal sin. Mortal sins are not forgivable.... only God can forgive.... there is no dispensation from the Church for murder. One cannot atone for it on earth.

But it seems like to me a soldier knows if he's dropping a bomb or launching a missile that he's guaranteed to be killing more than just enemy soldiers or terrorists.

It is not your call. It is God's.

I like you, Warrior, but you're dragging my faith into the mud with your bullshit. And that kind of pisses me off.

Yep and Jesus defined what filth was and how to eradicate, kudos.

Wait maybe my memory isn't working right, was it Jesus or Hitler who shared your opinion?

But it seems like to me a soldier knows if he's dropping a bomb or launching a missile that he's guaranteed to be killing more than just enemy soldiers or terrorists.

"a time to kill" (Eccles. 3:3) - IF peace is the desired outcome

We'll take you back... no worries.
;) Thanks for the invitation. My future BIL would be happy if I came back (a priest), but I don't see that happening soon.

My fiancee has just been asked to sponsor a friend of ours' child for confirmation. So, he'll start getting back. He asked me if I would join him, but he knows where I stand. He said it's cool with him, but wants me to be with him for this. I said I'd go through the motions for him and his friend, but that's the best I can do.

I have nothing against the Church at all. My heart just isn't in it. As I was taught that God is all-knowing, it seems rather fraudulent of me to come back.

Forum List

Back