Awesome to Be Catholic

That doesn't answer the question. What about the church's opposition to the death penalty?

What's the question?

The one with the question mark!!!

The DP is not a doctrinal issue. It is a policy of the Church. Individual Catholics are free to either support or not support the Church's official policy. You really need to learn the difference between our religious doctrine and the Church's official policies on issues.

What's the question?

The DP is not a doctrinal issue. It is a policy of the Church. Individual Catholics are free to either support or not support the Church's official policy. You really need to learn the difference between our religious doctrine and the Church's official policies on issues.

That's magically convenient.

Where was the pissed off Catholics when Bush decided to invade Iraq.

Life is only sacred when it's a matter of pregnancy? I don't think so. One thing I respect about the Catholic Church is their consistency on the life issue. I don't respect those who practice politically expedient Feaux outrage.

What's the question?

I wonder how contraception trumps "Thou shalt not kill", when it comes to doctrine?!?! One is definitely in the 10 commandments, while the other isn't. You're just as much a "cafeteria Catholic" as anyone.

I wonder how contraception trumps "Thou shalt not kill", when it comes to doctrine?!?! One is definitely in the 10 commandments, while the other isn't. You're just as much a "cafeteria Catholic" as anyone.

Hence the Church disapproves of the DP. I personally don't have a major issue with the DP - I have issues as to how it is used in the US. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics are usually quite capable of thinking for themselves.... on any and every issue. The fact remains, the DP is not a doctrinal issue.... therefore, Catholics are not obliged to follow the Church's policy.... we are required to follow it's doctrines.... otherwise, there really is no point in calling oneself a Catholic.

I can understand that this may be above your intellectual pay grade, but there is jack shit I can do about your intellect.

Hence the Church disapproves of the DP. I personally don't have a major issue with the DP - I have issues as to how it is used in the US. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics are usually quite capable of thinking for themselves.... on any and every issue. The fact remains, the DP is not a doctrinal issue.... therefore, Catholics are not obliged to follow the Church's policy.... we are required to follow it's doctrines.... otherwise, there really is no point in calling oneself a Catholic.

I can understand that this may be above your intellectual pay grade, but there is jack shit I can do about your intellect.

:lol:

I do it all the time, but it's still funny in the context of telling another poster they are stupid.

So Catholics are able to think for themselves, except when it comes to birth control, then it's ver boten?

Nice..

What's awesome is being an Atheist and sleeping in on Sundays mornings.

There'll be plenty of time to sleep in when you're in hell!

dana-carvey-snl.png

What's awesome is being an Atheist and sleeping in on Sundays mornings.

dana-carvey-snl.png

I think that this is the first non-health care thread I have ever caught you in.

Come join in the fun and let us see a different side of you for a change.

Immie

If there were more of you Immie, this board would be a much nicer place.

Just saying......

dana-carvey-snl.png

I think that this is the first non-health care thread I have ever caught you in.

Immie

Just saying......

Thank you but there are some who will vehemently disagree with you and one of them is probably correct when it comes to her.

Immie

Immie

Just saying......

Thank you but there are some who will vehemently disagree with you and one of them is probably correct when it comes to her.

Immie

You are never a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Which is more than I can say about myself.

Just saying......

Immie

You are never a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Which is more than I can say about myself.

Hehe, L.K. Eder, gave me a slap upside the head so to speak this afternoon because I was a dick just to be a dick, your words not his, in the OP of the Post-Birth Abortion thread I started. Rightfully so, I might add, so I hold nothing against him.

Immie

Last edited:
Great homily by a great priest today in our parish.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

Maybe the Atheists and Muslims will give you a little boost.

We're not.

Really? There's no such thing as "liberal" and "conservative" Catholics? I think candidate Santorum begs to differ on that particular issue.............

By dismissing the 1960 campaign speech by the only Roman Catholic president to keep his faith out of politics, Mr Santorum appealed to the party's fervently religious base. It represented a further lurch to the Right in the battle to find a Republican candidate to face President Barack Obama in November.

"The first substantive line in the 1/8Kennedy 3/8 speech says, 'I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute'," Mr Santorum, a Roman Catholic, told ABC News. "You bet that makes you throw up."

His remarks came on the eve of today's (Tuesday's) crucial primary in Michigan where Mr Santorum is hoping to upset Mitt Romney, the front-runner, who finds himself scrambling to win his "home state". An aggregate of polls by Real Clear Politics has put Mr Romney two points ahead in the state, which senior Republicans have said he must win if his claim to be the man only who can beat Mr Obama is to retain credibility.

Read more: JFK's religion and politics speech makes me sick, says Santorum

Considering that Kennedy was one of the greatest presidents of this country, as well as a Catholic, shouldn't Santorum have a bit more respect for JFK?

The doctrinal aspect involves respect for life and in no way does contraception trump the DP. If you believe one is doctrine and the other isn't, you're being hypocritical.

Great homily by a great priest today in our parish.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

Maybe the Atheists and Muslims will give you a little boost.

We're not.

Jesus was not a big backer of "let him die" and "if you feed the poor, they'll breed". And I wonder if JFK would have made Jesus "throw up"? Funny, Jesus probably looked way more like Obama than Romney or Santorum. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back