Awesome to Be Catholic

Okay, I'm not Catholic and you kind of beat up on the liberal Catholics and liberals in general in this post but mention conservative Catholics in passing, but you don't really say what was said about the conservatives.

Inquiry minds want to know.

Immie

No problem. Sorry I wasn't clear. No, I am not beating up on Liberal Catholics, nor Conservative Catholics. There are none in the faith - only Catholics (not two or more brands). "Liberal" Catholics and/or "Conservative" Catholics only exist on CNN and other fantasy lands - not in the church.

If that were really true, then the Church would never have experienced internal controversies during its entire long history, the with the Orthodox Church wouldn't have happened, and in fact (since Martin Luther was a Catholic priest) neither would the Protestant Reformation.

Of course there are liberal and conservative Catholics, of course there are differences of opinion within the Church, of course there are Catholics who disagree with the Pope. The only way there could not be, would be to shrink the number of Catholics so they could all fit into a small church in Latin America.

They might not have ' conservative or liberal" but they got plenty of "fuck a little boy in the ass" ! Hail Mary!
Save his asshole St. Luke, blessed doctor. I think I broke it.I pray to you St. Luke. Heal him so I can prey on him next week."

Forgive me father for I have sinned. " That's OK mee too" ! " Gimme ohhhhhhh. 18 Hail Mary's.....nah make it 15. 18 is too hard a number to keep track of"
" Bless you my child":cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Hence, the Catholic Church runs hospitals.

But, we still won't be paying birth control, sterilizations or abortions. Got that? Good.

As long as people can get insurance, nobody's going to force them to provide those services.

Can't force us to pay for shit that is against our faith. Says so in that Constitution thing that the left seem to view as an 'obstacle'.... to quote Obama.

You are wrong.

The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments - Section I

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

Catholicism: not that far removed from the Inquisition.

Another thing Catholics do not do is force their beliefs on anyone - force them to church, etc. It's all volunteer participation.
So, remain ignorant.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

Another thing Catholics do not do is force their beliefs on anyone - force them to church, etc. It's all volunteer participation.
So, remain ignorant.

You still haven't answered whether you're onboard with the the RCCs anti-death penalty stance. Seems many who are complaining now don't have any problem passing up that particular "cafeteria" line.

So, remain ignorant.

You still haven't answered whether you're onboard with the the RCCs anti-death penalty stance. Seems many who are complaining now don't have any problem passing up that particular "cafeteria" line.
I'm anti-DP. Not a great Catholic, though.

I follow the church's beliefs, not some cafeteria trash's.

Yeah, and that's been true ever since the Church lost the power to make the government enforce its rules, i.e., it's been true ever since they lost the ability to force their beliefs on anyone.

Catholicism: a religion of tolerance, as long as it's made to be.

Yeah, and that's been true ever since the Church lost the power to make the government enforce its rules, i.e., it's been true ever since they lost the ability to force their beliefs on anyone.

Really? Given the same restraints and freedom of other religions in the USA, I would put Catholicism at the top, or near it, of the list of tolerant religious groups.

I follow the church's beliefs, not some cafeteria trash's.

That doesn't answer the question. What about the church's opposition to the death penalty? :eusa_whistle:

Really? Given the same restraints and freedom of other religions in the USA, I would put Catholicism at the top, or near it, of the list of tolerant religious groups.

Since, in this country, no religion is able to use the power of the state to enforce its beliefs, there's no sure way to tell.

But I won't quibble. Certainly when they held government power, Protestants have proven less than edifying, too. I think the safest course of action is simply to preserve separation of church and state, and deprive all religions of the power of the government. Would you agree?

Catholic church: We don't kill heretics anymore. But, if you don't toe the doctrinal line, we'll threaten you with eternal torture.

So sweet. So loving.

Since, in this country, no religion is able to use the power of the state to enforce its beliefs, there's no sure way to tell.

But I won't quibble. Certainly when they held government power, Protestants have proven less than edifying, too. I think the safest course of action is simply to preserve separation of church and state, and deprive all religions of the power of the government. Would you agree?
I'm all for the First Amendment...one of the best there is.

As far as tolerance goes, cults take the top of the list for lack of tolerance, and that includes Islam. Kill the infidel! Just my opinion.

Forum List

Back