CDZ Australian comedian about US gun laws

Just look what he says

That`s funny.
The United States, in fact, have far more gun violence than the rest of the developed world. For various reasons. To us that can seem like a regrettable but unavoidable fact of life. But to much of the rest of the world, the US attitude toward gun control seems absolutely crazy

And you know what? Everything he says in this video is true.

no it's not

Liked it, I think he's right in most points, especially that the main purpose of having a gun isn't a need to protect, it's more like gun fetishism.

Yes..except for the people who use them to stop criminals..........

And by the way...rape is a huge problem in Australia....their women can't defend themselves,effectively.......no guns.....

Most people in the US who carry a gun carry one because they like guns, not because they want to protect anyone.

So what?

The times I carry I have no intention of protecting anyone but myself or my wife.

Quite frankly if a person chooses to walk around defenseless thinking that the cops will protect him then who am I to argue with him?

I'll call the cops and wait until they show up to bring the naive defenseless victim to a hospital or the morgue

Yes..except for the people who use them to stop criminals..........
How often does it happen? One time in a year?
And by the way...rape is a huge problem in Australia....their women can't defend themselves,effectively.......no guns.....
Woman carrying gun risks to be raped both with penis and her gun if the rapist is dexterous enough. Pepper ball is much more effective.

And here is actual research on women using guns to stop rapists....something Australia and Sweden should look at....unless they like their women being raped.....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Firearms/Data/Crime/Florida/Gun Ownership Stops Rape/

And for 19.95 you can read Southwick's 2000 study on guns that talk about rape.....

Self-defense with guns The consequences

This one gives the actual percentages of how rapes are stopped...guns come out on top...

http://medind.nic.in/jal/t07/i4/jalt07i4p99.pdf

Just look what he says

That`s funny.
The United States, in fact, have far more gun violence than the rest of the developed world. For various reasons. To us that can seem like a regrettable but unavoidable fact of life. But to much of the rest of the world, the US attitude toward gun control seems absolutely crazy

Compare the population totals of all of those countries. Usually when you have a larger population you have more of everything. Australia has maybe 24 million people compared to 350 million in America, the 3rd most populated country in the world. Course we don't hold a candle to Honduras. Just over 8 million and they have more than double the gun violence. Also, more than half of the gun violence is committed by blacks and Hispanics in America. Eliminate those two demographics and our statistics are more respectable.

Nothing says American values like a foreigner preaching to us about American values.

BTW, Australia has nearly the same square mileage as the USA with less than 10% of it's population......so Australia should have less gun violence, right? Most gun violence occurs in our cities with heavy population concentrations.

Last edited:
Nothing says American values like a foreigner preaching to us about American values.

And where did she do that? Read much?

Nothing says desperation like grasping at anything to make the argument go away -- like "you're a foreigner".

Which is fucking :lame2:

.... to an Australian, in a thread about an Australian comedian's routine.

irony31-258x300.jpeg

Nothing says American values like a preaching to a foreigner about their own values.

"Xenophobia: It's what makes America grate"

Noomi

Last edited:
The constitutional protection of gun ownership and the ability to carry guns was put in place for the defense of freedom. Not for hunting or target shooting or competitions which all existed at the time and still do today, but the defense of ones self, ones family, property, state and country against tyranny from without or within. It is a natural thing to defend oneself, as in all of nature animals are given the means to defend themselves against predators. Is it wise to hobble the deer or antelope and to remove their antlers and horns so they can get along better with lions and wolves? Of course not!, yet we are asked to give up our guns so that we can get along better with robbers and rapists. While "gun" violence is high in the US we are among the lowest in overall violent crime world wide. Why? well in a study demanded by Obama and performed by the surgeon generals office somewhere between 1 and 3 million times each year private individuals use guns - rarely firing a shot - to stop or prevent illegal violent acts. that means that guns are used more times each day to stop crime than all the gun murders in a year. - EACH DAY more lives are SAVED by guns than are lost to guns in a year.

If you remove the guns from those law abiding citizens think about the violence you will promote...

Just look what he says

That`s funny.

That was hilarious and yes he made a ton of sense. I love the part on the black market and Adam Lanza trying to buy a gun.

Liked it, I think he's right in most points, especially that the main purpose of having a gun isn't a need to protect, it's more like gun fetishism.

I agree with that my guns are in a safe. I probably wouldn't have enough time to get my gun if an intruder breaks in.

I say I want my guns because if society falls I would rather be in that world with a gun then without one.

But really my reason is I like my guns.

He is wrong about teachers and security guards in schools not having guns.

Can you imagine pulling all the guns after a mass murder?

Our "cold dead hands" crew would have a field day
In reality how would you get all the guns are that are currently out there off the streets?

I know I am not giving up my guns.

I don't care what some foreigner whose ancestor's were convicts has to say about us. ..... :cool:
It is so important to disarm Americans that the comic could be getting support from the "five eyes" alliance.

British spy agency taps cables shares with NSA Guardian
For decades, the NSA and GCHQ have worked as close partners, sharing intelligence under an arrangement known as the UKUSA agreement. They also collaborate with eavesdropping agencies in Canada, Australia and New Zealand under an arrangement known as the "Five Eyes" alliance.

The keys to gun control is effective mental health. American government refuses to allow it despite the mental problems that persist in its absence.

The suit filed with a copy given to a reporter was about compelling the very best mental healthcare, starting with drug and alcohol addiction. Freedom of the press abridged with $.

Unfortunately there is an external redirect that hinders my efforts to share information vital to stopping mass murder and treason. Copy and paste to see the effect of firing, resignations and gagging the reporters or editors at the paper.

Santa Barbara Secrets of media-Newspress independent county public defender.

The treatment the county refused to administer in compliance with state health and safety code was one direct to the unconscious. It turns out the infiltration of American government is done with abuses of the knowledge of working direct with the unconscious mind which creates the ultimate form of secrecy.

All commonwealth countries are controlled in the same way.

This thread is about that control in America where laws prevent tyranny to degrees. To get around that, women are being used from judicial positions widely.

Women Hypnosis Treason and Transferring More Power to Women In America US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So those are abuses of the same knowledge that could be used to prevent the same extreme violence that is being created/used to justify gun control.

The "five eyes" alliance? Oh please......Let me get some popcorn, and then tell me more.

It takes only about 30 minutes to make a lethal, and legal gun in your garage using only hand tools and an electric drill.
You will never get rid of guns.

"Murders committed with a gun dropped 39 percent to 11,101 in 2011, from a high of 18,253 in 1993, according to the report.

Other crimes committed with guns were down even more sharply — from 1.53 million in 1993 to 467,300 in 2011, a drop of 70 percent, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics
."
Gun violence in US has fallen dramatically over past 20 years Justice Dept. report finds - U.S. News

"Rates of gun sales, as empirically measured by NICS checks, have been increasing steadily every year without exception since 2002 (when 8.45 million checks were conducted). 2006 was the first year in which more than 10 million checks were carried out, and by 2008 checks were being carried out at a rate 50% greater than in 2002 (12.71 million)."
Gun Sales Continue to Increase Crime Rates Continue to Decrease The Just Nation

Not mentioning the 1.5 to 3 million times a year that guns are used to prevent or stop crimes in this country. More people protect themselves with guns in one day than are killed by illegal use of guns in a year.

Mother Jones?

You disregard one line of bull, because of another line of bull?

Not mentioning the 1.5 to 3 million times a year that guns are used to prevent or stop crimes in this country. More people protect themselves with guns in one day than are killed by illegal use of guns in a year.
NRA's bull doesn't make sense anymore. Do you realize how much is million?
So...
How many times per year do ordinary citizens defend themselves with a firearm?

Forum List

Back