CDZ Australian comedian about US gun laws

According to the Surgeon General, in a study on gun crime, conducted at the "request" of the current administration, between 1.5 and 3 million times a year people use guns to defend themselves against crime.

According to the Surgeon General, in a study on gun crime, conducted at the "request" of the current administration, between 1.5 and 3 million times a year people use guns to defend themselves against crime.

Those are lives saved.....far more than any evil action done by a criminal with a gun...

In another study by Florida State University in Tallahassee, Gary Kleck Ph.D. and Dr. Marc Gertz it was found that the figure was closer to 2.5 million times a year for people using guns to defend themselves against criminal attack.
The NRA had nothing to do with either of these surveys yet they prove the point that guns, in the hands of legal owners prevent or stop more crime in a single day than all the murders by guns in the USA in a year.
Source: Private Guns Stop Crime 2.5M Times A Year In US

There are reports by the FBI and other law enforcement agencies that show similar results. The NRA doesn't make the reports but they do use them.

In another study by Florida State University in Tallahassee, Gary Kleck Ph.D. and Dr. Marc Gertz it was found that the figure was closer to 2.5 million times a year for people using guns to defend themselves against criminal attack.
The NRA had nothing to do with either of these surveys yet they prove the point that guns, in the hands of legal owners prevent or stop more crime in a single day than all the murders by guns in the USA in a year.
Source: Private Guns Stop Crime 2.5M Times A Year In US

There are reports by the FBI and other law enforcement agencies that show similar results. The NRA doesn't make the reports but they do use them.

Are you ready...the gun grabbers will be posting against you shortly.....

Who cares about the "gun grabbers"? They use emotion rather than truth and fear instead of fact..
If it saves one life... well we save millions of lives a year with guns in hand. Take the guns away and you kill those millions - as England is finding out.

Who cares about the "gun grabbers"? They use emotion rather than truth and fear instead of fact..
If it saves one life... well we save millions of lives a year with guns in hand. Take the guns away and you kill those millions - as England is finding out.

Oh, I agree with you...it is also a matter of defeating them everywhere they show themselves...even here on U.S. message....

I don't worry about defeating them, they do a very good job of doing that themselves.

Liked it, I think he's right in most points, especially that the main purpose of having a gun isn't a need to protect, it's more like gun fetishism.
As far as the Founding Fathers were concerned they felt the main reason American citizens should be allowed to own and carry a gun was indeed for protection against what men turn into when given too much power. The Fathers saw tyranny first hand and fled from it. The idea was important enough to the them that they made it the 2nd - not the 3rd or 10th - amendment. Some of us would do well to think before we speak; think about where the framers of the Constitution were coming from.

Liked it, I think he's right in most points, especially that the main purpose of having a gun isn't a need to protect, it's more like gun fetishism.
As far as the Founding Fathers were concerned they felt the main reason American citizens should be allowed to own and carry a gun was indeed for protection against what men turn into when given too much power. The Fathers saw tyranny first hand and fled from it. The idea was important enough to the them that they made it the 2nd - not the 3rd or 10th - amendment. Some of us would do well to think before we speak; think about where the framers of the Constitution were coming from.
We all know it, but look. Modern gun fetishists that quote 2nd Amendment text always say that they have the gun rights but they add 'to defend my home'. Noone of fetishists say about militia that is necessary to the security of a free state, noone! :disbelief:

We all know it, but look. Modern gun fetishists that quote 2nd Amendment text always say that they have the gun rights but they add 'to defend my home'. Noone of fetishists say about militia that is necessary to the security of a free state, noone! :disbelief:
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home
Anyone who argues otherwise is lying.

Forum List

Back