CDZ Australian comedian about US gun laws

Liked it, I think he's right in most points, especially that the main purpose of having a gun isn't a need to protect, it's more like gun fetishism.
"American liberals can all too easily recognize and disparage the positive fetishism regarding guns, but can be blind to their own negative fetishism."

There's no such thing as a "negative fetish".

The writer's got some nice ponderations but like most he's all hung up on laws. And btw, "liberal gun control" is an oxymoron. He doesn't seem to understand that.
Yeah, there is.

Sorry --- you can't create an entity by simply posting "yeah there is" on the internet.

You'll need at the very least a 3D printer.

Sorry --- you can't create an entity by simply posting "yeah there is" on the internet.

Sorry, Cupcake.

You can't deny the patently obvious reality of an entity by simply posting "there's no such thing" on the internet.

Sorry, Cupcake.

You can't deny the patently obvious reality of an entity by simply posting "there's no such thing" on the internet.

Sorry Sparky. You can't simply claim to have created a nonentity that doesn't exist simply by posting the negative of the negative, "You can't deny the patently obvious reality of an entity by simply posting "there's no such thing" on the internet".

Burden of proof is all yours. All we have is ipse dixit. In combination with $3.50 I know a place where that will get you an overpriced coffee.

But I can actually link it.

fet·ish ˈfediSH/ noun
noun: fetish; plural noun: fetishes
an inanimate object worshiped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.
synonyms: juju, talisman, charm, amulet;More
totem, idol, image, effigy
"an African fetish"​
    • a course of action to which one has an excessive and irrational commitment.
I have a great interest in radios. If that interest looks excessive to you, you might say I have a radio fetish.

I have no interest whatsoever in golf. Puts me right to sleep. No interest. Leaves me cold.

That is not a "negative fetish". It's simply a nonentity.... something that in real life does not exist.

Like your point here.

Last edited:

Sorry, Cupcake.

Sorry Sparky. You can't simply claim to have created a nonentity that doesn't exist simply by posting the negative of the negative, "You can't deny the patently obvious reality of an entity by simply posting "there's no such thing" on the internet".

Burden of proof is all yours. All we have is ipse dixit. In combination with $3.50 I know a place where that will get you an overpriced coffee.

fet·ish ˈfediSH/ noun
an inanimate object worshiped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.
"an African fetish"​
I have a great interest in radios. If that interest looks excessive to you, you might say I have a radio fetish.

I have no interest whatsoever in golf. Puts me right to sleep. No interest. Leaves me cold.

That is not a "negative fetish". It's simply a nonentity.... something that in real life does not exist.

Like your point here.
The fetish worshipped for its magical powers can have positive magical powers (positive fetishism), or it can have negative magical powers (negative fetishism), Pumpkin.

Ones excessive and irrational commitment to defending or attacking a " magical" object is positive or negative according to the nature of ones fetish.

Consider yourself owned, and irreversibly self indicted, by your own obtusely retarded denial of reality.

Last edited:

Sorry, Cupcake.

fet·ish ˈfediSH/ noun
"an African fetish"​

Like your point here.
The fetish worshipped for its magical powers can have positive magical powers (positive fetishism), or it can have negative magical powers (negative fetishism), Pumpkin.

Ones excessive and irrational commitment to defending or attacking a " magical" object is positive or negative according to the nature of ones fetish.

Consider yourself owned, and irreversibly self indicted, by your own obtusely retarded denial of reality.

And there still, yet, even now, remains no such thing, but in your personal Imaginarium.

Sounds like it's a bit crowded in there.

Pogo said:

Sorry, Cupcake.

fet·ish ˈfediSH/ noun
"an African fetish"​

Like your point here.

And there still, yet, even now, remains no such thing, but in your personal Imaginarium.

Sounds like it's a bit crowded in there.

That's the difference between growing up here, and growing up somewhere else.
Here, guns are part of our culture, so growing up most of us don't sit around and obsess about it.

If you grew up somewhere, where guns are rarely seen, used or discussed, then you would grow up thinking Americans were crazed. On the other hand, to me and millions of other Americans, other countries preventing their citizens from freely accessing guns is draconian.

I frankly don't give a fuck what others think.

In what harbor does Australia have their Statue of Liberty ?

And yes it is relevant.

Here, guns are part of our culture, so growing up most of us don't sit around and obsess about it.

If you grew up somewhere, where guns are rarely seen, used or discussed, then you would grow up thinking Americans were crazed. On the other hand, to me and millions of other Americans, other countries preventing their citizens from freely accessing guns is draconian.

When I go to other countries I never see any of them "preventing" anything. I simply see people going about the business of life without needing a proxy-penis. It simply isn't something one seeks.

--- Which seems somehow reasonable and rational. Kind of like the way countries "prevent" people from walking around in beekeeper outfits.

When I go to other countries I never see any of them "preventing" anything. I simply see people going about the business of life without needing a proxy-penis. It simply isn't something one seeks.

--- Which seems somehow reasonable and rational. Kind of like the way countries "prevent" people from walking around in beekeeper outfits.
"...needing a proxy-penis." Negatively fetishizing guns to advance a straw-man argument.

Just look what he says
That`s funny.
The United States, in fact, have far more gun violence than the rest of the developed world. For various reasons. To us that can seem like a regrettable but unavoidable fact of life. But to much of the rest of the world, the US attitude toward gun control seems absolutely crazy
Wait...
Americans are supposed to change their gun laws because the rest of the world supposedly thinks those laws are crazy?
:lol:
99.99712% of the guns in the US are NOT involved in a murder each year -- how does this compare to these countries?

Last edited:
Russian comedian about gun facts:

Russian intellectual about pointed stick facts:

American comedian about gun enthusiasts:

Actual written statement authorizing federal government power LIMITS:
Bill of Rights Transcript Text

Amendment II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Giving criminals absolute power over the meanings of words can be an investment an individual makes with the power the individual once had.

Wait...
Americans are supposed to change their gun laws because the rest of the world supposedly thinks those laws are crazy?
99.99712% of the guns in the US are NOT involved in a murder each year -- how does this compare to these countries?
Americans are supposed to think a bit if they really need guns. Especially today when the country is completely crazy.

Wait...
Americans are supposed to think a bit if they really need guns. Especially today when the country is completely crazy.
If by "completely crazy" you mean that >99.99712% of the guns here are NOT involved in a murder each year....

They just don't appreciate all that the second amendment brings us

Guns= FREEDOM

Even Rightwinger gets it right.....
Once in a while.

Don't forget....Guns keep us safe

Those thirty thousand deaths a year are just the small price we pay for our second amendment freedoms

It went over their heads. Of course we are talking mostly about that same ten percent he was talking about. You know, the ones seething at every word he spoke.

Just look what he says

That`s funny.
The United States, in fact, have far more gun violence than the rest of the developed world. For various reasons. To us that can seem like a regrettable but unavoidable fact of life. But to much of the rest of the world, the US attitude toward gun control seems absolutely crazy

Do you realize that gun crime in Australia is confimed to biler gangs and immigrant communities there? And as they import immigrants from more violent cultures their gun crime will also go up.......

They just don't appreciate all that the second amendment brings us

Guns= FREEDOM

Even Rightwinger gets it right.....
Once in a while.

Don't forget....Guns keep us safe

Those thirty thousand deaths a year are just the small price we pay for our second amendment freedoms

It went over their heads. Of course we are talking mostly about that same ten percent he was talking about. You know, the ones seething at every word he spoke.

And Amricans use guns 2 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminals and save lives.......

Forum List

Back