Attention Potheads

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by Hossfly, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Leo123

Leo123 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,283
    Pain is hard for an outside observer to quantify with regard to intensity. If Marijuana works, I say go for it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tom Horn

Tom Horn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,630
    All reefer ever did for me was make me paranoid so I always drank beer with it...Although I believe all the stories in this thread, I have my doubts about it's medicinal qualities...if you want something to help hard enough, it usually will...all it ever "cured" for me was boredom. I used to be able to roll a doobie with one hand and a Zig Zag wheatstraw.....I wonder if I still can? [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,939
    Personally I want nothing to do with opioids if I can find another solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,198
    I'd have to look at the actual study itself, what the parameters were and what specifically were they looking at to know how how viable the study actually was.
    As an example, linked to the article was a write up on not using salt to prevent an infection. Everyone knows salt doesn't prevent infections but it does help in removing infections so the article was off the track as to the use of salt in conjunction with an infection.
    In other words I typically don't trust medical researchers without taking their studies with at least "a grain of salt"..........

5. DarkFury

DarkFury BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,822
    PAIN is personal, just like cancer. Nothing more personal than cancer. Studies and facts CAN be two different things. A person can take McRocket "study" or the REAL life facts of people and as you see from this VERY thread personal life facts out preform any damn "study".

6. playtime

playtime Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,279
    the gov'ment owns a patent on what makes weed medically beneficial...

Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Abstract
    Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

Inventors: Hampson; Aidan J. (Irvine, CA), Axelrod; Julius (Rockville, MD), Grimaldi; Maurizio (Bethesda, MD)
    Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)
    Family ID: 26767641
    Appl. No.:
    09/674,028
    Filed:
    February 2, 2001
    PCT Filed:
    April 21, 1999
    PCT No.:
    PCT/US99/08769
    PCT Pub. No.:
    WO99/53917
    PCT Pub. Date:
    October 28, 1999
    United States Patent 6,630,507
    Hampson , et al. October 7, 2003
    [...]

United States Patent: 6630507

they just don't want to truly acknowledge those benefits, 'cause big pharma can't corner the market.

[​IMG]
    Willie Nelson holds up a container of his branded marijuana with “6630507” written on it. Following the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s inaction on rescheduling marijuana, legalization proponents have responded by taking to the internet to highlight Patent No. 6,630,507, which covers the potential use of non-psychoactive cannabinoids. (Photo courtesy of Willie’s Reserve)

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  7. DarkFury

DarkFury BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,822
    Doctors sent me home with liquid Hydracondone. I DRAINED it in to the sink. That shit will kill you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DarkFury

DarkFury BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,822
    The drugs script name is Marinol.

9. playtime

playtime Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,279

it's not the same as smokable or edible marijuana & isn't that not as well received by those who have used it? CBD oil is also different/better than marinol too isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  10. Leo123

Leo123 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,283
    Hydrocodone contains large amounts of acetaminophen which is hard on the liver.

• Agree Agree x 5